• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

steve jobs no more, apple also no more...

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
What About Big Blue ?

It's not Apple I am worried about, rather it's HP.

How about IBM ?

Profit comes from software

There’s simply not enough profit in hardware, which accounts for most of the company’s revenue. Look at IBM and Apple vs. HP and Dell (DELL). (Apple customers buy hardware products, but they’re really paying for software innovation.) Since 2000, HP has spent more than $20 billion to buy more than 30 software companies, yet it has been unable to create a viable software business. For the first nine months of this fiscal year, software revenue was $2.9 billion. Ouch. Many of the companies HP purchased either were abandoned or never lived up to their promise. Bluestone, which HP bought in 2001 for $470 million, was folded and its assets sold to Oracle a few years later. In the third quarter, software was one of the rare growing and profitable areas for the company, but it contributed only 3 percent of revenue.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
A Good News To Me

Nokia crumbled within two years. Its partnership with Microsoft (and Stephen Elop being appointed as CEO) sped up its demise.

It's so bad now that Nokia has to sell of its HQ building in Finland, to get some cash.

I hated Nokia ... for no reason.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apple's future depends on its ability to maintain its lead in innovation and sell products at a premium and leave selling cheap, mass market products to the Asians. To continue to maintain this edge in innovation they would probably need to take a leaf from Cisco by buying into leading edge technology as in this age of rapid technological advancement, it is not possible for in house R&D teams to come out with all the good solutions.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apple has no future with Steve Jobs dead.

Not unless it can find another charismatic cult-leader who has excellent brainwashing skills to make you feel exclusive owning a overpriced premium product with underwhelming features that everyone owns.

jw5

Loyal
Apple has no future with Steve Jobs dead.

Not unless it can find another charismatic cult-leader who has excellent brainwashing skills to make you feel exclusive owning a overpriced premium product with underwhelming features that everyone owns.

nowadays, there is no need for such a charismatic cult leader because most people can manage to feel exclusive owning an overpriced premium product on their own, they don't need brainwashing or convincing.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
nowadays, there is no need for such a charismatic cult leader because most people can manage to feel exclusive owning an overpriced premium product on their own, they don't need brainwashing or convincing.
When many grandmas and granddads are using iPads and iPhones, it is no longer cool or exclusive to be seen using apple products.

AxisOfEvil

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm not an Apple fanboy. Apart from Mac OS X which is by far the best operating system by a country mile, the rest of Apple stuff is absolute crap. IOS is a nightmare for me. So is iTunes which I've always found very confusing and hardly intuitive.

My support for Apple was for its OS vs Microshit. When Steve started making gimmicky consumer products, he lost me. Instead of keeping Apple as a niche player, he turned Apple into a Microsoft.

Well said boss!

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: What About Big Blue ?

what is ibm?:rolleyes:

ibm locally is a goner, some insider info. told me lots of internal politics striving inside, mostly controlled by bitching sluts, their ibm tower at anson rd is now fuji xerox. my friend, long service also left, apparently, no eyes to see. someone in there commented why in america, there was ex-staff going back to gun down their bosses, now he understand! sounds bad!

How about IBM ?

Last edited:

GenghisKHAN

Alfrescian
Loyal

ibm locally is a goner, some insider info. told me lots of internal politics striving inside, mostly controlled by bitching sluts, their ibm tower at anson rd is now fuji xerox. my friend, long service also left, apparently, no eyes to see. someone in there commented why in america, there was ex-staff going back to gun down their bosses, now he understand! sounds bad!

How about IBM ?

Really? IBM is gone case? It's full of evil bitches at Changi South now?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Well said boss!

I'm a long time Mac user & not really interested in the development of IOS or where the current Macs are heading:o However as a shareholder I'm happy with where the price of AAPL shares is going:smile:

Ever since the success of the bondi blue iMac I've realised that for Apple to succeed & thrive it has to appeal to the masses. It just isn't enough for the Macs to appeal to the techies.

I remember having a hard time talking to ignorant newbies trying to explain that the colorful iMacs ran the Mac OS & NOT windows:biggrin:

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
I used Mac in the 90s, could not quite understand the appeal as PC world got more choices and cheaper. Then finally in 2009 I bought iPad 1, was ok with the bigger touch screen as I can surf net while lying on bed. Until the day I tried to transfer a few big media files from my laptop to iPad via Bluetooth, then I was stuck because Mac Bluetooth cannot work with anything else. Then I transferred the files to my android phone via Bluetooth, thinking that my android can then Bluetooth over to iPad. Failed.

Some time later, my friend tried to Bluetooth me a file from his MacBook to my laptop and S2, again failed. Fed up with the poor connectivity of apple products, as clearly my windows and android can communicate perfectly. Fom that moment onwards, I figured that it will be a really scary world if apple is to dominate the digital landscape, from the way the company subtly controls the users to use only their full range of products.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fom that moment onwards, I figured that it will be a really scary world if apple is to dominate the digital landscape, from the way the company subtly controls the users to use only their full range of products.

Apple is like pee-a-pee. They want to dictate the way you do things and pay highly for it.

I worked as an Apple professional app support engineer before and I can tell you it's just the fucking dictator Steve Jobs running the whole show puppeteering the entire Apple organization.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Apple is like pee-a-pee. They want to dictate the way you do things and pay highly for it.

I worked as an Apple professional app support engineer before and I can tell you it's just the fucking dictator Steve Jobs running the whole show puppeteering the entire Apple organization.
I don't admire Steve jobs for the way he conducted business. He thought nothing about copying others, but when others imitated his products, his bully attitude was in full swing.

Compare Jobs with Bill Gates. At least Gates has the fortitude to quit at the peak, and commit his wealth and time to charity work. It is god's mysterious way that one died prematurely while the other is still healthy.

Last edited:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't admire Steve jobs for the way he conducted business. He thought nothing about copying others, but when others imitated his products, his bully attitude was in full swing.

If Steve Jobs adopt this bullying attitude in other countries like Taiwan or Thailand, he'd been dead long time ago.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oops !

Missed your post. I see.

I heard Nokia was bad too. An older colleague of mine was working there once ... a few years back. That was the time when he saw his previous schoolmate and NS mate working his butt out for the ah nehs 'department'.

Politics was TERRIBLE there. Ah nehs were the bastards trying to act tough with their UN colleagues. It had a VERY poor working culture. He left the fuck up Nokia not long after that. I was appalled after hearing his story.

I felt that Nokia at Alexandra Road must be a shit place to work then. However, I heard it did pay its employees well like any other MNCs.

This is probably another reason why I hated Nokia.:*:

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal

Fucking krafty aka hotbot. Now we know how fucking ignorant you are.

IBM never owned IBM tower. The had naming rights to the place when they were the anchor tenant. They have since moved to IBM Place in Changi Business Park and also maintain an office at Parkview Square.

No wonder you're driving a taxi. Stop blaming Ho Kum Hean. :oIo:
:oIo::oIo::oIo:

Last edited: