• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Starsux Scrambles RTM TV Signal to Prevent SGs from Watching WC FOC

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Post date:
13 Jun 2014 - 10:00pm

Football fans in Singapore hoping to watch World Cup matches on Malaysian channel TV1 will be disappointed. They will be met with the following message from Starhub:

“Radio Television Malaysia (RTM) has encrypted its satellite signal source so that only viewers in Malaysia are able to access the 2014 FIFA World Cup matches on TV1. As the satellite signal source for TV1 is unavailable to Starhub, we are unable to transmit its content during this period.”

I am puzzled as to whether it is really the Malaysian side that is responsible for the block. Perhaps Starhub can clarify further. I understand that the channel was also unavailable to Singapore viewers during previous World Cup matches.

Any football fans can suggest ways to get round this problem?

Patrick Tan
TRS Contributor

This is SG MDA block not StarHub.
Let me give point here and you all decide and judge.
Here the detail:
1. In Malaysia >> all TV user using normal private antenna no box. And all still can see Free world cup>> meaning Malaysia no encrypt. U can test using normal antenna near Malaysia border. I'm sure those in Woodland can received Malaysia RTM free world cup.
2. Is not block by Starhub. Here u can test unplug Starhub box. Using direct HDB TV connect point. And you get the same message. HDB antenna belong to gov. not Starhub. Why get same info Malaysia encrpyted signal.

The truth is Starhub and Singtel working together to special block RTM signal. Not Malaysia blocking.
Who the dumb fucking ideas putting message on TV screen thinking all SGPn have no brain.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is SG MDA block not StarHub.
Let me give point here and you all decide and judge.
Here the detail:
1. In Malaysia >> all TV user using normal private antenna no box. And all still can see Free world cup>> meaning Malaysia no encrypt. U can test using normal antenna near Malaysia border. I'm sure those in Woodland can received Malaysia RTM free world cup.
2. Is not block by Starhub. Here u can test unplug Starhub box. Using direct HDB TV connect point. And you get the same message. HDB antenna belong to gov. not Starhub. Why get same info Malaysia encrpyted signal.

The truth is Starhub and Singtel working together to special block RTM signal. Not Malaysia blocking.
Who the dumb fucking ideas putting message on TV screen thinking all SGPn have no brain.

I see.....so it is blocked by the govt. That means those in Woodlands also cannot watch either using direct connection to antenae.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think antenna works for those living close to mudland like woodlands for example. Those living south or inland probably won't get clear signals.

I used to be able to get reasonable TV reception when I was living in Sennet estate, However over the year high rises were built in the surrounding areas. Those building acted like a barrier:(

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I used to be able to get reasonable TV reception when I was living in Sennet estate, However over the year high rises were built in the surrounding areas. Those building acted like a barrier:(
yup with new buildings everywhere you can forgt about antenna unless you live in some high rise building near mudland like woodlands.

Anyway with so many internet chnnels streaming it its no big deal

Rangers

Alfrescian
Loyal
With this kind of selfish mentality, Singaporeans should be also more harsh to the government.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually, why bother with TV1, which is commented in Malay, so it will likely anger the Malays in Singapore.

I'm watching nearly HD and on the move with my iPad, iPhone, without the TV so cumbersome.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, do something in 2016 to watch free World Cup in 2018

KILL THE FUCKING PAPs

Hang those PAP maggots cockroaches with piano wires from lamp posts to make them dance before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
BBQ those PAP maggots cockroaches before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
Cut a few more arseholes into those PAP maggots cockroaches to let out their shit before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.
Make those PAP maggots cockroaches eat joss sticks and candle wax before it is too late and we have no more CPF to get back.

PAP is finished.
The stinking glue and terror that hold PAP together is that old fart smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY. LKY is about to die in days or weeks.
LKY will never allow good decent people into the PAP and good decent people will not want to get into the PAP. Those in PAP are the most corrupt and moral degenerates and moral bankrupts and moral filths that are being presented to stinkaporeans as moral compasses.
None of those in PAP work for anyone but that smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY, to help him hold down Singaporeans to screw and fuck hundreds of BILLIONs from us all into smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY stinkapore sovereign funds.
They are there in PAP because LKY know that they are a bunch of self serving greedy bastards and scrapings of scums of society. To call them maggots cockroaches will be to insult real maggots and real cockroaches.

WE ALL ARE NOW WAITING FOR THE DEATH OF LKY IN COMING DAYS OR WEEKS.
WE ALL WILL YUM SENG AND YUM SENG AND YUM SENG AGAIN AND AGAIN DANCING SINGING ON TABLE TOPS AND STREETS
WE THEN WILL SEE THOSE IN PAP WITH SHARPENED KNIVES HOOTING ARSEHLOON A DOZEN NEW ARSEHOLES AND THE DEATH OF THE ENTIRE LEE KWA CLAN
WE THEN WILL PICK UP PIANO WIRES AND HANG ALL THOSE REMAINING PAP AND THEIR COLLABORATORS FROM LAMP POSTS AND SEE THOSE BASTARDS AND BITCHES DANCE.
AND HAPPINESS WILL RETURN TO OUR LAND.
AND STINKAPORE WILL BECOME SINGAPORE ONCE MORE.
https://www.torproject.org/about/overview.html.en

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Actually, why bother with TV1, which is commented in Malay, so it will likely anger the Malays in Singapore.

I'm watching nearly HD and on the move with my iPad, iPhone, without the TV so cumbersome.

Internet streaming will lag by about 1min.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, thought these are all block? I could not access BBC to watch. Says not available in your region. WTH :mad:

BBC has always been geoblocked... same for their tv shows, news programs and documentaries. Only available for residents of UK.

griffin

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think antenna works for those living close to mudland like woodlands for example. Those living south or inland probably won't get clear signals.

I am staying in Braddell and I am getting good TV1 signals through my $28 indoor antenna. Brand name is Yagitenna, bought about 10 years ago from SLT. I am staying on the 10th floor.