• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Starsux Scrambles RTM TV Signal to Prevent SGs from Watching WC FOC

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Post date:
13 Jun 2014 - 10:00pm

Football fans in Singapore hoping to watch World Cup matches on Malaysian channel TV1 will be disappointed. They will be met with the following message from Starhub:

“Radio Television Malaysia (RTM) has encrypted its satellite signal source so that only viewers in Malaysia are able to access the 2014 FIFA World Cup matches on TV1. As the satellite signal source for TV1 is unavailable to Starhub, we are unable to transmit its content during this period.”

I am puzzled as to whether it is really the Malaysian side that is responsible for the block. Perhaps Starhub can clarify further. I understand that the channel was also unavailable to Singapore viewers during previous World Cup matches.

Any football fans can suggest ways to get round this problem?

Patrick Tan
TRS Contributor

lurpsexx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Post date:
13 Jun 2014 - 10:00pm

Football fans in Singapore hoping to watch World Cup matches on Malaysian channel TV1 will be disappointed. They will be met with the following message from Starhub:

“Radio Television Malaysia (RTM) has encrypted its satellite signal source so that only viewers in Malaysia are able to access the 2014 FIFA World Cup matches on TV1. As the satellite signal source for TV1 is unavailable to Starhub, we are unable to transmit its content during this period.”

Please pardon my ignorance, but there are still many folks in Malaysia kampongs that still use the old aerial to receive TV channels over the air.. so are these FM signals scrambled too? If not, then we can buy the TV aerials to watch over the air from TV1?

I think Starhub message is about satellite scrambling so only those using ASTRO (satellite) dish to receive TV channel are affected by this :scrambling: but not the over the air one?

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Suckhub lying thru its teeth la....
Back then they scrambled the free Malaysian channels and then included and offered them as their own cable content....then kena warning from RTM.....later either withdrawn or came to agreement where they paid the Malaysians.

Fucking malu vile behavior in typical pappy fashion.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Football is not very nice to watch after you see people protesting against the garmen for spending so much money while letting poverty run wild in the country.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
typical GLC cronies behaviour...:oIo:

Suckhub lying thru its teeth la....
Back then they scrambled the free Malaysian channels and then included and offered them as their own cable content....then kena warning from RTM.....later either withdrawn or came to agreement where they paid the Malaysians.

Fucking malu vile behavior in typical pappy fashion.

Batok Seri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Through SCTV plugpoint sure cannot lah for obvious reason.
But free to air how to scramble?
Just get an outdoor antenna.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just watch the World Cup matches online. BBC, ITV, Sky Sports, BeIN Sports... excellent buildup, commentary and punditry. Jamie Yeo, Mark Richmond and the others can go fuck themselves. :biggrin:

Even the non-English channels with their excitable commentators get you into the mood.

Let the telcos carry on with their last-century antics. :biggrin:

This Scrooge mentality every four years is nothing more than a reflection of how the PAP govt runs the country: extracting maximum value from its people and giving back little or nothing. Medishield, CPF, NS... you name it. It's the same template, telling the same story.

Don't be fooled by some twit who thinks queuing up to buy chicken wings is concrete proof of his humility and benevolence. :rolleyes:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
people in war-torn areas in Syria also can watch free World Cup................here cannot.............

Even the dirt poor Brazilians living in favelas (slums) can watch World Cup matches for free. :wink:

[video=youtube;oWHPi0HOY_w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWHPi0HOY_w[/video]

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singapore scrambled the signals not the mudland side. Think about this why would mudland do it? Sinkies have been able to watch mudland channels all these years why would mudland cooperate with sinkland tv stations to scramble signals to fuck it up for sinkies.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Through SCTV plugpoint sure cannot lah for obvious reason.
But free to air how to scramble?
Just get an outdoor antenna.

I think antenna works for those living close to mudland like woodlands for example. Those living south or inland probably won't get clear signals.

KNNBGCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just watch the World Cup matches online. BBC, ITV, Sky Sports, BeIN Sports... excellent buildup, commentary and punditry. Jamie Yeo, Mark Richmond and the others can go fuck themselves. :biggrin:

Bro, thought these are all block? I could not access BBC to watch. Says not available in your region. WTH :mad: