• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

You'll need antenna RTM1

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've only been with StarHub for 10 years & in that time the only Malaysian channel I've seen StarHub offer is RTM1.

I can verify that StarHub has started scrambling this channel.

Yup! they have..and they blame RTM..can RTM sue them for misrepresentation???:p

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I've only been with StarHub for 10 years & in that time the only Malaysian channel I've seen StarHub offer is RTM1.

I can verify that StarHub has started scrambling this channel.

I have some Indonesian channels, some Malaysian including TV3, RTM2 but no RTM1.

Last evening I watched the world cup on RCTI 21 ( Indonesian ) and the replay this morning, also on RCTI 21.

No need to subscribe or buy any antenna. :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have some Indonesian channels, some Malaysian including TV3, RTM2 but no RTM1.

Last evening I watched the world cup on RCTI 21 ( Indonesian ) and the replay this morning, also on RCTI 21.

No need to subscribe or buy any antenna. :smile:

If you're staying in Spore & can get those channels, you must be living on private property to be able to set up your own antenna..

Even if you have an aerial not everyone can get RCT21 because alot of high rises block the reception of this channel. Are you staying in the marine parade area:confused:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yup! they have..and they blame RTM..can RTM sue them for misrepresentation???:p

In Malaysia can sue for libel but in Spore no way. Too many kangeroos in the system :smile:

Makes one wonder about the other things that have been blamed unfairly on the Malaysians e.g. water

Last edited:

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
If you're staying in Spore & can get those channels, you must be living on private property to be able to set up your own antenna..

Even if you have an aerial not everyone can get RCT21 because alot of high rises block the reception of this channel. Are you staying in the marine parade area:confused:

Yes, I am staying in Marine Parade area. Still see a lot of HDB flats having the building antennas on it's roof, are all these already converted to using StarHub cable?

ponzii

Alfrescian
Loyal
You'll need antenna RTM1
Fri, Jun 11, 2010
The Straits Times

BAD news for fans in Singapore trying to tune in to World Cup telecasts from Malaysia - the signal will be scrambled.

Yesterday, StarHub said that Radio Television Malaysia's (RTM) channel TV1, (which is Channel 118 on StarHub TV) has received instructions from the World Cup's broadcast rights holder Fifa to encrypt its satellite signal source so that only viewers in Malaysia are able to receive access to the matches on TV1.

But viewers in Singapore will still be able to tune in to TV1 or signals from Indonesian channel RCTI, which will show all 64 matches free to air, by buying a 'rabbit ear' antenna from electronics shops. These antennas cost between $18 and $30.

OMG dont tell me people are paying for starcrap!. Me and 100 other people I know are sharing every channel over a private server and sharing 1 starcrap card. My only cost was the reciever I bought from sim lim. I have been watching free for over 2 years now every channel offered for free since then.

Dont live in the past people. Set up your own card share or private servers. Its really not that hard.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OMG dont tell me people are paying for starcrap!. Me and 100 other people I know are sharing every channel over a private server and sharing 1 starcrap card. My only cost was the reciever I bought from sim lim. I have been watching free for over 2 years now every channel offered for free since then.

Dont live in the past people. Set up your own card share or private servers. Its really not that hard.

sound interesting, can explain further/simpler...

I don't understand. :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, I am staying in Marine Parade area. Still see a lot of HDB flats having the building antennas on it's roof, are all these already converted to using StarHub cable?

Even though the antennas are still there, I suspect they've been disconnected from the residents units. It's unlikely that the PAP would let them watch free Malaysian & Indo channels :rolleyes:

Anyone living in Marine Parades can confirm:confused:

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Starhub didn't take those points down. Your town council just stopped installing/repairing them because they cost a lot to maintain and Starhub is offering the Singapore free-to-air channels for free.

Town council collect $$ already but don't want to maintain a fixed asset?

How much maintenance can a non-mechanical fixture costs? A totally new antenae may cost a few hundred dollars whaich may last decades.

How much S&C they collect from HDB tenants per month? So where the $$ went. Why didn't they reduce S&C when common aerial maintenance is removed?

Ultimately when no one is accountable, laziness sets in. Esp for people like you, stupidity sets in.

ponzii

Alfrescian
Loyal
sound interesting, can explain further/simpler...

I don't understand. :smile:

Your starhub programming is encrypted using Nagravision 3. There are quite a few people worldwide sharing one valid subscription on Nagravision platforms. Just google Card Share and Private Server. There is tons of software out there to set it.