• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ST trying to show LHL as an economising person: Taking train not plane

ZorrorroZ

Alfrescian
Loyal
So everytime LHL goes on a junket, Ho Ching follows? How does she find the time to do her own job?
20130405.223857_ny.jpg

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WASHINGTON - Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong arrived in New York City by train on Wednesday, a day after he had mentioned to American business leaders about the planned high-speed rail link between Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.

Mr Lee, his wife Ho Ching and the Singapore delegation shared a first-class cabin with other commuters on the regular Acela Express, from Union Station in Washington, DC to Penn Station in New York City.

The distance that separates the two cities is about the same as that between Singapore and KL. But the ride on the Acela Express is about two hours and 45 minutes. In comparison, the future journey on the high-speed train between Singapore and KL would take just 90 minutes.

"It will qualitatively change the relationship between the two cities and two peoples and make this one, extended, integrated, cooperating, economic entity.

"And that is to the benefit of our two countries," he had said.

The PM also shared a light moment with the train's staff on board.

As lead service attendant John Laliberte, 57, took his order for food and drink, Mr Lee remarked: "I see you are a fellow left-hander!"

Alfrescian
Loyal
ALL he saw is a left hander?......

Sad that as the leader of a country, he failed to see a 57yo citizen having a decent job with an American company rather than the job going away to a cheaper foreigner..........

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybe they should have a proper breakdown of the costs of each of his tours out of the country ( as well as the ministers' travels and expenses) just like what they did in HK.

i am sure the figures will have all singaporeans falling out of their chairs.....

Shamu and Lim travelled with him. Eeven more expensive

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
More like she gets free travel every where he goes. Does she get a diplomatic passport? Does she use that for her Temasek trips?

I wonder if she's even a PAP member.

She's dressed in all white, puts on the PAP badge, and attends its party.

One of the mysteries in Singapore. :wink:

20111127.135540_nov2711_pap.jpg