• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat SPH Is Struggling

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, TNP is trash which Im not interested in. It is the worse amongst the free sph papers. I am looking forward to free straitstimes online.

Free Straits Times may happen in the future. I am sure pap will gladly give their propaganda paper free if we agree to read it

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is newspaper though it serves also as a propaganda machine.
Please be more objective else you further lose credibility.

What did I post that is not objective?

If SPH is a newspaper, it should do investigative reports rather than just report what pap says.That's why I call Straits Times pap's propaganda paper.I dont consider ST a newspaper because it does not add value. It just regurgitate what pap says

Last edited:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Straits times is not a newspaper but a newsletter for pap.

That said it will never go bust as 70% is there to support
Worse come to worst just force all schools and govt departments to subscribe to boost sales.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is there is no impetus for anyone within to change anything. Top management consist mostly of pap cronies and loyalists. Middle and lower management are more concern with their ricebowls. There will come a day Sph printing business will need government subsidy to sustain like what is happening to media corpse now

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal
exactly...and they pap themselves millions of dollars per person for a monopoly. Chairman is Lee Boon Yang, ex PAP Minister. He is also Chairman of Kep Corp. He knows nuts abt business or business but gets many millions of dollars per year. CEO is Alan Chan, another pap dog.

They are bleeding SPH dry despite it being a monopoly

When a public listed coy is not making $$..the other step to be taken is to reduce the pay of the first 10 Top staffs ...and restrict all Flight to economy level...I am very sure this will help out the coy....but are they doing it in the first place???

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem is there is no impetus for anyone within to change anything. Top management consist mostly of pap cronies and loyalists. Middle and lower management are more concern with their ricebowls. There will come a day Sph printing business will need government subsidy to sustain like what is happening to media corpse now

SPH top management have been there for too long, are happy with their salaries and have no urge to improve a dying system.

Doesnt this sound like the pap?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
When a public listed coy is not making $$..the other step to be taken is to reduce the pay of the first 10 Top staffs ...and restrict all Flight to economy level...I am very sure this will help out the coy....but are they doing it in the first place???

That's right.

But SPH retain the top and keep their salaries intact but retrench the bottom 10%

Bad New Brown

Alfrescian
Loyal
TNP launched in 1988 and its an afternoon tabloid that gave a very good coverage of Malaysia Cup news till the end of 1994.

Sad to see the Sunday edition ceased publishing :(

In my opinion only talented people read The New Paper :p

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal

PAP hve been saying there is no Talent and Creativity in Sinkies its abt time they shld stand in front of a mirror and see their own faces!

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
bosses keep on wanting bigger pay increases and bonuses......... so take from lowest lifeforms there..................

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
TNP launched in 1988 and its an afternoon tabloid that gave a very good coverage of Malaysia Cup news till the end of 1994.

Sad to see the Sunday edition ceased publishing :(

In my opinion only talented people read The New Paper :p

hahaha. where are the talented people now?

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will take the free TNP daily.. pet owners will know the size gam gam for pets' pee and poo pad..