• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious SPG Chiobu Celeste Chong Back to SG Soon! AMDK Hubby Dumped her for Spicy SYT Black Latina!

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

1637327545231.jpeg

张玉华旅居多伦多九年 没放弃演艺事业​

来自 / 联合晚报

蔡欣盈

发布 / 2021年11月19日 2:52 PM​

[IMG alt="张玉华在西方娱乐圈发展演艺事业。(受访者提供)
"]https://static.zaobao.com/s3fs-publ...nkVY0wI6IS3eNm8jsSOaBAWje&itok=seXJXzTj[/IMG]
张玉华在西方娱乐圈发展演艺事业。(受访者提供)
旅居加拿大多伦多九年多,本地演员张玉华非常想念新加坡。

还记得本地剧《如何对你说》的主角张玉华(Celest Chong)吗?她自2010年淡出新加坡演艺圈,消失在本地观众的视线,但这十年间,旅居多伦多的她努力试镜、创作音乐,从没放弃演艺事业。她目前有两个经纪人,一人负责演艺事业,另一人策划音乐事业。她曾亮相DC超级英雄电视剧《泰坦》(Titans)、Netflix剧集《雨伞学院》(The Umbrella Academy)等作品,日前凭科幻短片“Moore’s Void”荣获加拿大科幻电影节(The Great Canadian Sci-Fi Film Festival)最佳女主角奖。

张玉华日前透过视讯接受记者专访。她告诉记者,无论她在哪里都心系家乡,“我每天都想念新加坡!我本来是想回来的……”已两年没回新的她说,很想见见母亲,但飞机票5000多元,疫情下的旅游保险1万多,实在太贵了。

妈妈是张玉华的力量来源,“我以前会偷偷飞回家,一年两三次,静静地跟妈妈在一起。我妈妈80岁了,她是我最大的力量,她一人养育我和三个大姐,非常辛苦……”

Since 2010, she has faded out of Singapore's performing arts circle and disappeared from the sight of local audiences, but in the past ten years, she has been living in Toronto and has worked hard to audition and compose music, and has never given up her acting career. She currently has two agents, one is in charge of acting career, and the other is planning music career. She has appeared in DC superhero TV series "Titans" (Titans), Netflix series "The Umbrella Academy" and other works, and recently won the Canadian Science Fiction Film Festival (The Great Canadian Sci-Fi Film Festival) Best Actress Award.

Zhang Yuhua recently accepted an interview with reporters via video. She told reporters that no matter where she is, she always cares about her hometown, "I miss Singapore every day! I originally wanted to come back..." She said that she wanted to see her mother very much, but the air ticket was more than 5,000 yuan. Under the travel insurance of more than 10,000, it is too expensive.

My mother is Zhang Yuhua’s source of strength, "I used to fly home secretly, two or three times a year, quietly with my mother. My mother is 80 years old and she is my greatest strength. She raised me and three older sisters alone. ,very difficult……"

曾考虑回新拍戏 探过路但没结果​

曾考虑回新拍戏?她说,曾探过路,但没结果。

张玉华在多伦多发展初期,一切从零开始。她演过无名角色如“抱着宝宝的妈妈”“朋友甲”等,一步一脚印,现在的角色有名字了。

她指,自己的好奇心太强了,总想探索框框以外的世界,“大家都说,我为什么不要留在新加坡?好好地大红大紫,就做一件事就好了,不要做这么多事,有很多的‘为什么’。可是我很清楚自己是谁,很清楚自己活得最充满活力的时候是在演戏、唱歌、写歌,工作和讲故事的时候。”

在西方剧组拍戏,她增广见闻,“我拍《泰坦》,一场戏拍一整天,很细腻,灯光很美,拍得舒服,大家都尊重彼此。我很喜欢这种可以让我成长的环境。我觉得之前演的戏,角色都很‘扁’,好人就好,坏人就坏,但现实不是这样的,好人也会做坏事。在这里演戏,我学习了很多。”

凭短片在加拿大夺影后​

谈到凭科幻短片“Moore’s Void”荣获加拿大科幻电影节最佳女主角奖,她指,有一种“作品终于被看见”的感觉,宛若一剂强心针。

片中,她扮演一名失去孩子的母亲,不顾一切想再见到儿子,角色情感饱满,七情上面。她压根儿未料会试镜成功,中选主演,“这个角色不是为华人而写的,而且,他们要找的是年纪大我十几岁的女人。我都不符合。最后获选的理由是,他们看见我在试镜时‘从一开始就(呈现)难过’。”

张玉华预告,已拍了几个影集和网剧,其中有主角戏份。

秘嫁加拿大籍老公 恢复单身不愿多谈​

除了演艺事业,张玉华也在多伦多上压力释放运动(TRE)课程,该课程涉及心理学,已上了五年的课。

她形容自己是情绪敏感的人,“一个真正的演员都会非常敏感,因为你对人,对他们的喜怒哀乐会看得很深入,这样才有办法投入在别人的故事里。”

上TRE课程助她放松许多,她盼有一天赴海外做义工时,能教当地人这项运动。

张玉华2012年秘嫁加拿大籍老公,但现已恢复单身。她不愿多谈过去的婚姻。现阶段想找真爱吗?她笑说:“我有两只狗狗,很开心了。”

她在多伦多独自生活,为了捍卫权利、保护自己,时不时得跟他人吵架,“吵架的时候很bitchy(出言不逊),回到家却又觉得很难过。就觉得为什么要这样呢?可是我又没有办法,我需要保护自己。”

Zhang Yuhua secretly married a Canadian husband in 2012, but has now returned to be single. She didn't want to talk more about her past marriage. Want to find true love at this stage? She laughed and said, "I have two dogs, so happy."

She lives alone in Toronto. In order to defend her rights and protect herself, she has to quarrel with others from time to time. "It was very bitchy when quarreling, but I felt sad when I got home. Why do you think this is the case? But I have no choice. I need to protect myself.

Last edited:

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Definitely not suitable for ang moh songs.. And her cheena sweet dainty pie looks doesn't make the cut for the western market... She looks awful in the 1st 2 videos!

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
秘嫁加拿大籍老公 恢复单身不愿多谈

So pumped and dumped lah. A pity she didn't squirt out some chup cheng kias, now at her age should be more difficult to get pregnant or give birth to healthy children.

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
So pumped and dumped lah. A pity she didn't squirt out some chup cheng kias, now at her age should be more difficult to get pregnant or give birth to healthy children.
Is she still good looking? Maybe she can hook up with an rich towkay in singkieland

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Is she still good looking? Maybe she can hook up with an rich towkay in singkieland

I'm already married and still happily married. But I'll be glad to introduce Celeste to some of my towkay contacts who are currently divorced or still single.

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are Celeste Chong and Glenda Chong sisters?

View attachment 127369
Glenda Chong, born to a Hakka father and Peranakan mother, is based in Singapore.
Celest Chong (1973—; Chaozhou, Guangdong; born in Singapore), singer and actress

NOT RELATED.

This Celest Chong is nearly or already 50 years ago. She kept changing her age in PR, now claimed to be only 41/42.

Her internet data is a mess, birth year jump to 1973 to 1975 to 1977 now 1979!

1637339346095.png

1637349939968.png

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I remember Celeste Chong once said that she's Hakka+Teochew. A 'Ha-Chew'.

That means her mother is Teochew.

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal
1637342948932.png

Birthday 1975-12-25
Real Name Zhang Yu Hua
Main Occupation Singer/actress/model

Biography​

Celest Chong is a Singaporean actress, singer, and former cover model.

Biography
Early life

Chong is the youngest child of four other daughters. Her mother was from an orchid flower family and her dad was a blacksmith. She started working at the age of twelve at a bookstore, packing boxes.

Chong won her first singing competition at the age of eight at her school, singing Nobody's Child [disambiguation needed]. Ever since she fell in love with singing, becoming a wedding singer with a pianist.

She wrote her first song at age eleven about a Chow Yun-fat film that had touched her deeply. Chong started stage acting when she was thirteen and was president of her school's drama club, which she had founded. She acted, wrote and directed some of the plays she did at school.

Before post-secondary school, Chong volunteered to help and tutor disabled children through an organization called Movement for the Intellectually Disabled of Singapore. She studied in Ang Mo Kio Secondary School and Yishun Junior College before moving on to the National University of Singapore where she majored in English and economics.
Career

Chong was spotted by a talent scout at the age of fourteen and began her career as a model. Later she joined Malcolm McLaren's now defunct girl-band, Jungk.

Chong began her acting as a secretary in Eric Khoo's Stories about Love performing a Turkish inspired belly-dance. She also sang the show's theme song, Sorry, My Love. Later she moved on to Channel 5's sitcom, Making Love, where she played a sultry receptionist named Pamela.

Chong also started acting when she played the character of a child social worker in the Channel 8 television drama, You Light Up My Life. She sang the theme songs for the new show, which ended up on Singapore's top music charts for four weeks.

Chong then sign with Universal Music to record her debut solo album in 2001, Belong to Myself. Chong found the show meaningful and chose to continue with it rather than going back to New York to sign with an indie music label. After three months on Channel 8, Chong was voted No. 3 for Most Ideal Female Artiste on Mediaworks TV Station.

In December 2002, her self-titled second album was released in Singapore, Taiwan, China, Hong Kong and Malaysia.

In 2005, Chong left MediaCorp and Singapore for Taiwan for a stint in the Taiwanese entertainment industry where she released her third album, Snowflakes. While in Taiwan, she also acted as a reporter in C'est La Vie starring Taiwanese actor Lin Youwei. After staying for one and a half year in Taiwan, she moved to Guiyang, China to film Acalea Blossoms in 2009. While in China she recorded her fourth album, Little Happiness in 2007. After two years in China, Chong moved back to Singapore due to a family emergency.

Chong has appeared on dozens of magazine covers including Her World, Vogue, Elle, Citta Bella, FHM etc. She has modeled around the world for many different print advertisements. Chong was voted as one of the Top 100 most beautiful women in the world by FHM and The Sexiest Woman in Singapore by International Media with her 5 S's-Sunshine Sweet, Smile, Sexy & Song… She was also voted No. 1 for the Singapore Most Sexy Women's Survey on Citta Bella.

Chong's former singing career includes being the lead singer in an all-girl band ‘Jungk’ produced by Malcom McLaren. She also sang "Voice of an Angel" for McLaren. On National Day she sang "Stand Up for Singapore". She was also the lead singer for a song called "Earth Song" regarding environmental awareness. For the film Stories About Love she sang the title track "Sorry My Love". For the drama series You Light Up My Life she sang the theme song "Distance" and landed it as the No. 1 hit song on Yes 933 Pop Charts. Chong was voted No. 1 for Most Captivating Voice on Singapore Press Holdings, Asiaone.com.

Feb 20, 2009
'I was insulted in Taiwan'

'It was inevitable that I was bullied. Everyone became territorial - they think that a foreigner is vying for a piece of their livelihood,' said Celest Chong. -- PHOTO: THE NEW PAPER
REMEMBER Celest Chong?

Modelling, acting, singing, radio DJ - the 36-year-old has done it all.

Leggy Singaporean Celest was a regular fixture on the local entertainment scene until she left Mediacorp in 2005.

After her departure, she dipped her feet into the Taiwanese entertainment industry - and got a real shock.

In an interview with The New Paper, the naturally-tanned actress recounted the venomous remarks she had to put up with when she moved to Taiwan.

'All sorts of verbal abuse were hurled at me. I've been told things like 'you're so dark!' and 'you can't even speak Mandarin well'. It was a real culture shock.

'But you learn how to deal with them. You have to retort with sarcastic remarks like 'I'm ugly but not as poor as you.' Then you suddenly find yourself a best friend in the person who yelled at you first.

'It was inevitable that I was bullied. Everyone became territorial - they think that a foreigner is vying for a piece of their livelihood.'

Despite the negativity, she managed some limited success.

There, she released her third album, Snowflakes (2005), and played a reporter in C'est La Vie (2006) which also starred Taiwanese actor Lin Youwei.

After 1 1/2 years, Celest packed her bags for China, where she spent two years involved in several projects.

She moved back to Singapore last January due to a family emergency.

Viewers can soon see her on television again as she stars in Channel 5's new English drama serial, Red Thread, which starts on April 7.

The single actress also revealed that she has been reading Hollywood scripts, but does not want to 'you know, say two lines and die', and fade into oblivion'.

She also said she has been offered a hosting gig on an online Canadian variety show, but wants to deliberate on it.

Celest is in no hurry to accept more projects, and she just wants to 'take it easy'.

Rumored rumors with NoNo Singapore actress burst into marriage
2014-08-15

1637404627152.png

Singaporean female singer Zhang Yuhua came to Taiwan to release an album in 2001. After that, she released four albums such as "Myself" and "Little Happiness", but they did not cause widespread response. What is impressive is that she has worked with The comedian NoNo has a scandal, but neither party has confirmed it positively. It was reported today (15) that Zhang Yuhua, who had faded out of the screen in recent years, had secretly married a Canadian husband in 2012, and the two are now living in Toronto.

According to the "Apple Daily" website, Zhang Yuhua's "A Dou Zai" husband is not small and has a 1/4 Chinese descent. He has also worked for Time magazine and CNN, and now he has founded a digital media company. And Zhang Yuhua, 38 years old this year, briefly became popular with the song "So So What?", and also filmed idol dramas "Fall in Love with Little Man" and "Flying High", but she has no new works in recent years. Concentrate on staying with her husband as a good wife in Canada.

Last edited:

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Born in 1975..... fucking hell that's old.

She should start learning Thai and take on challenging roles like what Auntie Zoe did.

That New Paper article in February 2009 says that she's 36 years old. If her birthday is on 25 December, this means that she was already 36 in Dec 2008. This means that she was born in 1972, which makes her 49 this year. Old cunt liao!