• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Speak Dialects, you feel tribal ! Speak mandarin, it will break unity!

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
ah..ah..ah lu kong simi lan jiao mudskipper? where are your kar kiahs? another of your kiddie imaginations?grow up lah!
Oh yah..you think wise man here is replying to you. That will be a laugh. They are replying to arguments, not a pondan no lumpar mudskipper! Eh hiao bweh. chee bai kiah!

tio liao, ppl respond to uncle's clver arguments...thats why you cannot be like uncle, its not your fault...this kind of thing uncle dun expect you to understand...but just sitck around, ppl will notice you ae uncle's kar kia.....

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
but he wont admit it., he will go round round and play with semantics and try to divert attention to the main issues...i dun think he can even read chinese

You are right. When he said that his mother tongue is Teochew and Mandarin, I realised that he does not know what he is talking about. This guy firat appeared in the old SBF in support of Chee. Initially I thought because of the way he argued his position, he was actually to try to make Chee look bad intentionally. Only later that I realised that this guy was going around in circles on every topic.

His masterpiece is boycotting the elections. When SDP made it absolutely clear that they will contest as others will, did he quieten down. That took the wind out of his sails.

This is the type of

yansen84

Alfrescian
Loyal
And, most of us grew up speaking and/or understanding at least 2 languages and 2 dialects. But sadly, that's looking like an ancient generation now.

sad but true. most of my friends (20-odd) can't understand a word of any dialect save vulgarities. it looks even more depressing when you consider the the next generation. all this talk and debate in this forum will lead to nothing unless we do something to preserve our dialects. it's one thing watching tvb dramas in an artificially dubbed language, it's another when the language skills of the audience dictate that as a necessity.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right. When he said that his mother tongue is Teochew and Mandarin, I realised that he does not know what he is talking about.

hey asshole, what don't i understand?

This guy firat appeared in the old SBF in support of Chee. Initially I thought because of the way he argued his position, he was actually to try to make Chee look bad intentionally. Only later that I realised that this guy was going around in circles on every topic.
show me something can? all kind of allegation from u, but YOU SHOWN NO PROOF! NOTHING TO BACK IT UP! FUCKING LIAR! REALLY SHAMELESS.

His masterpiece is boycotting the elections. When SDP made it absolutely clear that they will contest as others will, did he quieten down. That took the wind out of his sails.
FUCKING HELL. I QUIET DOWN? I HAD JUST CREATED A THREAD ABOUT IT DAYS AGO! FUCKING SHAMELESS YOU BUNCH OF WP SUPPORTERS.

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
he was speaking in old chinese, but we could recite it in mandarin. are u denying this? any meaning lose because i recite it in mandarin?

THIS IS BULLSHIT TO THE EXTREME. HOW COULD WE RECITE DAO DE JING IN ENGLISH OR MALAY? IT WAS WRITTEN IN CHINESE! UNLESS U GET A DAO DE JING TRANSLATION IN ENGLISH OR MALAY, THEN U COULD RECITE IT IN ENGLISH OR MALAY.

SO WHAT THE FUCK ARE U TALKING ABOUT????????????

HARLO? DOES THE KOREAN AND JAPANESE PRONOUNCE THE CHINESE CHARACTER IN CHINESE SPOKEN LANGUAGE??? THEY PRONOUNCE THEM IN JAPANESE AND KOREAN!!! ITS TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!!

Its PURE BULLSHIT. I GIVE IT TO U. THE BULLSHIT OF THE YEAR 2009 HERE IN THIS FORUM.

GET ANY LI BAI'S POEM AND RECITE IT IN MANDARIN. COULD WE DO THAT? DON'T TELL ME WE CANT PRONOUNCE THE WORDS IN MANDARIN? WE COULD. SO WATS THE OBSESSION TO INSIST IN USING ANCIENT CHINESE TO RECITE IT???

lol, thats because koreans and japanese oso use chinese characters and yet they speak an foreign language...understand anot...that is mandarin to you ...this apply to english and malay too...someone reading english and malay translation or worse transliteration is basicall going thru motion like you without understanding like you.

so if you think there is no loss in meaning, tell us what does the tao de ching teahces you in mandarin

you sacred of shijing nevemind, now we go into tao de ching

道可道也,非恆道也。名可名也,非恆名也。 「無」,名天地之始;「有」,名萬物之母。 故,常「無」,欲以觀其妙;常「有」,欲以觀其徼。 此兩者,同出而異名,同謂之玄。玄之又玄,眾妙之門

what does this mena in mandarin?

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chee bai kiah ! remember old Debonerman or not?:p Time for some German mudskipper fucking!:biggrin:

I like the way you change nicks like dresses. It's good. Ilike to fuck that way, my little mudskipper!

The lancheow responding to you is a fucking PAP dog lah chee bai!

sorry you i dun remember because you are not good enuff to leave na impression leh

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
Its PURE BULLSHIT. I GIVE IT TO U. THE BULLSHIT OF THE YEAR 2009 HERE IN THIS FORUM.

GET ANY LI BAI'S POEM AND RECITE IT IN MANDARIN. COULD WE DO THAT? DON'T TELL ME WE CANT PRONOUNCE THE WORDS IN MANDARIN? WE COULD. SO WATS THE OBSESSION TO INSIST IN USING ANCIENT CHINESE TO RECITE IT???

it is not pure bullshit....go to your favourite wilkopedia and learn abt this.... middle chinese is a fact and has been proven and reconstructed ...oops this is oso chinese wilko....hope you can understand...

http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/中古汉语

中古汉语是南北朝、隋朝、唐朝时期的汉语。中古汉语的研究是汉语音韵学的一个分支。由於中古時代沒有錄音設備,人们只能透過客觀的記錄而重構中古時代的漢語。現時中古漢語利用下述三种基本资料之上重新構建:

隋朝和唐朝的韵书(《切韵》、《经典释文》、《广韵》等;

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
lol, thats because koreans and japanese oso use chinese characters and yet they speak an foreign language...understand anot...that is mandarin to you ...this apply to english and malay too...someone reading english and malay translation or worse transliteration is basicall going thru motion like you without understanding like you.

NO. ENGLISH AND MALAY DON'T HAVE CHINESE CHARACTER. SO HOW DO U RECITE 道可道 IN ENGLISH? YOU CANT.

so if you think there is no loss in meaning, tell us what does the tao de ching teahces you in mandarin

you sacred of shijing nevemind, now we go into tao de ching

道可道也,非恆道也。名可名也,非恆名也。 「無」,名天地之始;「有」,名萬物之母。 故,常「無」,欲以觀其妙;常「有」,欲以觀其徼。 此兩者,同出而異名,同謂之玄。玄之又玄,眾妙之門

what does this mena in mandarin?
why should i do this? i know the meaning. and the words. question is, i could recite it in mandarin, so why would reciting it in ancient spoken chinese helps me to 'connect' to it???

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
it is not pure bullshit....go to your favourite wilkopedia and learn abt this.... middle chinese is a fact and has been proven and reconstructed ...oops this is oso chinese wilko....hope you can understand...

http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/中古汉语

中古汉语是南北朝、隋朝、唐朝时期的汉语。中古汉语的研究是汉语音韵学的一个分支。由於中古時代沒有錄音設備,人们只能透過客觀的記錄而重構中古時代的漢語。現時中古漢語利用下述三种基本资料之上重新構建:

oh. its not pure bullshit? but its partial bullshit? i see i see....

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4%B8%...B1%89%E8%AF%AD

中古汉语是南北朝、隋朝、唐朝时期的汉语。中古汉语的研究是汉语音韵学的一个分支。由於中古時代沒有錄音設備,人们只能透過客觀的記錄而重構中古時 代的漢語。現時中古漢語利用下述三种基本资料之上重新構建:

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
NO. ENGLISH AND MALAY DON'T HAVE CHINESE CHARACTER. SO HOW DO U RECITE 道可道 IN ENGLISH? YOU CANT.

why should i do this? i know the meaning. and the words. question is, i could recite it in mandarin, so why would reciting it in ancient spoken chinese helps me to 'connect' to it???

道可道 = the way is the way (translation) or thou kerb thou (transliteration)

so tell uncle the meaning leh if you really know, are you even sure this is from tao de ching? ...LOL

u tell me i tell you where you go wrong

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your father I teaching you lessons in manners and morality chee bai kiah mudskipper. Don't suck cocks and show others proper respect.And be a man and confront those whom you sought to pick a fight with and not change into women clothes like a Changi Village cock sucking pondan!:mad:

aiyo aiyo small boy angery liao.... later i bring you to changi let the barpok play with you , you diam diam be good boy first

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
pls dun try to avoid the real and valid issues inthis thread. i know you are trying to siam ..... :biggrin:

don't be childish okay? one could recite the dao de jing, and dao de jing is written thousand over years ago. so your silly idea that only dialect could connect to chinese root thousand over years ago, is pure bullshit.

but i have to give it to u. its premium bullshit, creme de la creme bullshit. many of the people i believe, they go ga ga on what u had claim. that dialect would connect chinese culture thousand over years, and mandarin could only connect to 300 years of chinese culture. thats the greatest baloney of the year by a forum member 2009 here in this forum.

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right. When he said that his mother tongue is Teochew and Mandarin, I realised that he does not know what he is talking about. This guy firat appeared in the old SBF in support of Chee. Initially I thought because of the way he argued his position, he was actually to try to make Chee look bad intentionally. Only later that I realised that this guy was going around in circles on every topic.

This is the type of

there a lot of these moles around in the old sbf .... but i never came across this one or anyone so shameless

lnchwmn4

Alfrescian
Loyal
don't be childish okay? one could recite the dao de jing, and dao de jing is written thousand over years ago. so your silly idea that only dialect could connect to chinese root thousand over years ago, is pure bullshit.

but i have to give it to u. its premium bullshit, creme de la creme bullshit. many of the people i believe, they go ga ga on what u had claim. that dialect would connect chinese culture thousand over years, and mandarin could only connect to 300 years of chinese culture. thats the greatest baloney of the year by a forum member 2009 here in this forum.

dialects approximate to the sounds of old and middle chinese and gives you a better appreciation of the ancient text...since you cannot handle shijing, i give you another example from lao zhi...

「有物混成,先天地生,惟象無形,窈窈冥冥,寂寥淡漠,不聞其聲,吾強為之名,字之曰道。」

tell uncle whta it says in mandarin and uncle teach you where you go wrong