• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Speak Dialects, you feel tribal ! Speak mandarin, it will break unity!

lnchwmn_only

Alfrescian
Loyal
u are doing it again. twisting and turning. tell me like that how can lim bei talk to u further? its not about "reciting and reading it (dao de jing) in english and malay".

this is what u said,

"you are arguing in circles as usual, you might as well recite tao te ching in english and malay, do you think it is the same as reciting it in its original language?"

there's a great difference between reciting dao de jing in mandarin or english/ malay. because one cant recite the words in chinese into english or malay. translation is required.

u don't have to come talk to me about guan ju. lets just stick to the issue of Dao De Jing. don't shif focus.
let me repeat my question. again.

if i could read Dao De Jing in mandarin, and understand every word of it. why would it make a difference if i read Dao De Jing in ancient spoken chinese?

do i need to produce something from wilko to debunk the second white lie of yours that says li bai's poems sounds better in mandarin?[/QUOTE

don't have to pull all kind of stunt. we could just do it ourselves. read those li bai poem in mandarin, and compare to the sound of it from the youtube clip. Which is clearer? mandarin sounds clearer. Which sound muddled? the ancient spoken chinese sound muddled.

LOL....before i respond to your assertions, i ntoe that you have failed to respond to this part of my post as expected....

<<btw, the controversy behind shijing is from chinese wilko...so if you cannot respond, it's quite clear you dun even know mandarin
"漢語發音從《詩經》到南北朝已經發生了重大的變化,南北朝人讀先秦文獻的時候,發現有許多押韻不和諧的地方 了。當時人對《詩經》的註解反映他們遇到的困難:當《詩經》的韻腳不押韻時,他們牽強的改其中一個字的音使 其押韻,認為這樣讀起來更加和諧。例如:

「燕燕於飛,上下其音,之子于歸,遠送于南」
-- 《詩經·邶風·燕燕》
在這首詩中的「音」和「南」兩個字押韻。北梁人沈重在《毛詩音》中指出:「南:叶句,宜乃林反」。他用反切 的方法標註他認為正確的讀音。這個方法叫做「叶韻」。 隋朝人陸德明認為不應該使用叶韻法,因為他認為古代人押韻不嚴謹,沒有必要改正《詩經》的讀音。他指出:「 沈云叶句宜乃林反,今謂古人韻緩,不煩改字」。"

在宋朝,朱熹等人繼承了南北朝的叶韻法(亦稱「叶音」),並非常系統的用這個方法來改正《詩經》和《楚辭》 裡所謂「不和諧」的韻腳字的讀音。他們認為,古人對韻腳字可以臨時改讀,他們還沒有發現隨着時間的推移而變 化的發音原則,他們以為先秦時代的古人的發音和宋朝人一樣。但是,在這個時代,吳棫在《毛詩叶韻補音》等著 作中發現《詩經》的押韻現象是有規則的,他通過對韻腳字系統的考察,把中古韻類歸納成九個韻部。雖然吳棫缺 乏明確的歷史概念(他把唐宋和先秦的韻腳字混為一談)他的研究邁出了進入正確的路線的第一步,為後代的學者 開闢了研究古音的新途徑。除了他以外,鄭庠、項安世、程迥等人進行了古音的研究。

http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E4%B8%...BC%A2%E8%AA%9E>>

here i have a banana trying to argue with me about mandarin and dialects but he himself cannot read a single word of chinese yet he claims guan ju sounds fine in mandarin

i want to keep this post separate so that our two-headed reptilian fren cannot pretend that he did not see it

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
lol no more power left to make infractions issit...unlce has another 10 000 accts waiting for you hor...

mudskipper son! father told you already in hokkien, don't talk like sucking my cock, do it! arrogant bastard! Your father not around , you insult people hah? Your father I now here to cane your backside you silly boy!:biggrin:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
LOL....before i respond to your assertions, i ntoe that you have failed to respond to this part of my post as expected....

<btw, the="" controversy="" behind="" shijing="" is="" from="" chinese="" wilko...so="" if="" cannot="" respond,="" it="" s="" quite="" clear="" you="" dun="" even="" know="" mandarin="">here i have a banana trying to argue with me about mandarin and dialects but he himself cannot read a single word of chinese yet he claims guan ju sounds fine in mandarin

LOL! AS USUAL. YOU CANNOT FIRST ANSWER MY QUESTION, AND THEN HAVE TO PULL ALL KIND OF STUNT.

DAO DE JING, CAN WE RECITE IT IN MANDARIN OR NOT? YES!!! ANYTHING LOSE IF WE RECITE IT IN MANDARIN AS COMPARE TO RECITING IT IN ANCIENT SPOKEN CHINESE?? NO!

EVEN THERE'S ANY DIFFERENCE, IT WOULD BE MINUTE LITTLE NUANCES THATS ALL. MINUTE ITSY BITSY DIFFERENCE.

SO YOU ADVOCATE PEOPLE TO LEARN DIALECT IN ORDER TO CONNECT TO THOUSAND OF YEARS OF CHINESE ROOTS?? MANDARIN COULD ONLY CONNECT LESS THAN 300 YEARS? I HAD SHOWN YOU WE COULD READ DAO DE JING IN MANDARIN AND NOTHING IS LOSE!!!

MANDARIN COULD CONNECT TO CHINESE ROOTS MORE THAN 300 YEARS OLD. YOU HAD BEEN DEBUNKED.

</btw,>

lnchwmn_only

Alfrescian
Loyal
u are doing it again. twisting and turning. tell me like that how can lim bei talk to u further? its not about "reciting and reading it (dao de jing) in english and malay".

this is what u said,

"you are arguing in circles as usual, you might as well recite tao te ching in english and malay, do you think it is the same as reciting it in its original language?"

there's a great difference between reciting dao de jing in mandarin or english/ malay. because one cant recite the words in chinese into english or malay. translation is required.

u don't have to come talk to me about guan ju. lets just stick to the issue of Dao De Jing. don't shif focus.
let me repeat my question. again.

if i could read Dao De Jing in mandarin, and understand every word of it. why would it make a difference if i read Dao De Jing in ancient spoken chinese?

don't have to pull all kind of stunt. we could just do it ourselves. read those li bai poem in mandarin, and compare to the sound of it from the youtube clip. Which is clearer? mandarin sounds clearer. Which sound muddled? the ancient spoken chinese sound muddled.

reading tao de ching in mandarin menas you do not understand what lao zhi was talking about because he was speaking in old chinese... simple as that.. .same point that scroobal was putting to you but you have simply dodge this ..... this is magnified if you are talking abt shijing.

on the point of recitation, the truth is the entire text can be recited in malay or English as well s mandarin...it is the same becuase theese are all foreign languages to the author

as for the lee bai poem, you are hopelessly arguing yourself into a hole because it does matter which version sounds better to you,the mandarin speaker. a korean who can read chinese may tell you it sounds best in korean or a japanese too

the simple truth and the histroical fact is that the poem was written in middle chinese and the nuances are again lost to the mandarin speaker...the best part is our alleged mandarin speaker is now asserting that a middle chinese poem sounds best in mandarin when mandarin was not even invented until another 800 years later when that poem was written...this alreay illustrates my point that chinese heritage is being eroded .... if you understand cantonese or hokkien and lsiten to the youtube recording again, you can appreciate it better...now of course you cant

there are no stunts...it is a historical fact and you are jumping smack into a brick wall

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro char_ji_kar, this is the famous mudskipper the girly pondan rescued by sam leong. Why are you arguing with a little pondan boy. either you make him suck your cock or you kick the shit out of him!:biggrin: Play him like a puppet, he has very low self esteem that's why he need the illusion of superiority. check out the way I shaft his arse!:biggrin:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
mudskipper son! father told you already in hokkien, don't talk like sucking my cock, do it! arrogant bastard! Your father not around , you insult people hah? Your father I now here to cane your backside you silly boy!:biggrin:

damn bloody cocky that guy. die die have to win. just curious, is he a WP supporter??

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Revelation!

It happens to the best of us. Failing to see the tree for the forest and vice versa. I suppose after 360 posts, he begins to realise the following;

A. Mandarin is not the mother tongue of 99% of the Singapore Chinese.

B. You can't substitue coconut milk with creamer and hope to taste the same thing.

C. The bedrock of culture is language. Pretending that it does not have an impact is deluding oneself

D. Never swallow everything the PAP tells you. Learn to think independently

E. Mandarin has tremendous economic value and it does serve to bridge diverse groups with Han Chinese background

F. No other country in the world bans the broadcasts and reportage of language or dialect that Singapore does.Sadly the language and dialect are the mother tongue of the majority of Singaporeans.

lnchwmn_rules

Alfrescian
Loyal
Revelation!

It happens to the best of us. Failing to see the tree for the forest and vice versa. I suppose after 360 posts, he begins to realise the following;

A. Mandarin is not the mother tongue of 99% of the Singapore Chinese.

B. You can't substitue coconut milk with creamer and hope to taste the same thing.

C. The bedrock of culture is language. Pretending that it does not have an impact is deluding oneself

D. Never swallow everything the PAP tells you. Learn to think independently

E. Mandarin has tremendous economic value and it does serve to bridge diverse groups with Han Chinese background

F. No other country in the world bans the broadcasts and reportage of language or dialect that Singapore does.Sadly the language and dialect are the mother tongue of the majority of Singaporeans.

but he wont admit it., he will go round round and play with semantics and try to divert attention to the main issues...i dun think he can even read chinese

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
haizzz...wounded kid A talking and consoling wounded kid b

ah..ah..ah lu kong simi lan jiao mudskipper? where are your kar kiahs? another of your kiddie imaginations?grow up lah!
Oh yah..you think wise man here is replying to you. That will be a laugh. They are replying to arguments, not a pondan no lumpar mudskipper! Eh hiao bweh. chee bai kiah!

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
reading tao de ching in mandarin menas you do not understand what lao zhi was talking about because he was speaking in old chinese... simple as that.. .same point that scroobal was putting to you but you have simply dodge this ..... this is magnified if you are talking abt shijing.

he was speaking in old chinese, but we could recite it in mandarin. are u denying this? any meaning lose because i recite it in mandarin?

on the point of recitation, the truth is the entire text can be recited in malay or English as well s mandarin...it is the same becuase theese are all foreign languages to the author
THIS IS BULLSHIT TO THE EXTREME. HOW COULD WE RECITE DAO DE JING IN ENGLISH OR MALAY? IT WAS WRITTEN IN CHINESE! UNLESS U GET A DAO DE JING TRANSLATION IN ENGLISH OR MALAY, THEN U COULD RECITE IT IN ENGLISH OR MALAY.

SO WHAT THE FUCK ARE U TALKING ABOUT????????????

as for the lee bai poem, you are hopelessly arguing yourself into a hole because it does matter which version sounds better to you,the mandarin speaker. a korean who can read chinese may tell you it sounds best in korean or a japanese too
HARLO? DOES THE KOREAN AND JAPANESE PRONOUNCE THE CHINESE CHARACTER IN CHINESE SPOKEN LANGUAGE??? THEY PRONOUNCE THEM IN JAPANESE AND KOREAN!!! ITS TOTALLY DIFFERENT!!!

the simple truth and the histroical fact is that the poem was written in middle chinese and the nuances are again lost to the mandarin speaker...the best part is our alleged mandarin speaker is now asserting that a middle chinese poem sounds best in mandarin when mandarin was not even invented until another 800 years later when that poem was written...this alreay illustrates my point that chinese heritage is being eroded .... if you understand cantonese or hokkien and lsiten to the youtube recording again, you can appreciate it better...now of course you cant

there are no stunts...it is a historical fact and you are jumping smack into a brick wall
Its PURE BULLSHIT. I GIVE IT TO U. THE BULLSHIT OF THE YEAR 2009 HERE IN THIS FORUM.

GET ANY LI BAI'S POEM AND RECITE IT IN MANDARIN. COULD WE DO THAT? DON'T TELL ME WE CANT PRONOUNCE THE WORDS IN MANDARIN? WE COULD. SO WATS THE OBSESSION TO INSIST IN USING ANCIENT CHINESE TO RECITE IT???

Last edited:

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
revelation!

a. Mandarin is not the mother tongue of 99% of the singapore chinese.

d. Never swallow everything the pap tells you. Learn to think independently

e. Mandarin has tremendous economic value and it does serve to bridge diverse groups with han chinese background

f. No other country in the world bans the broadcasts and reportage of language or dialect that singapore does.sadly the language and dialect are the mother tongue of the majority of singaporeans.

i am against the pap banning of dialect. I DON'T KNOW WHY U TELL ME ALL THESE. WHAT COCONUT MILK AND WHAT NOT.

99 PERCENT HERE MOTHER TONGUE NOT MANDARIN, WHAT DOES IT HAVE TO DO WITH ME?????

So whats the issue here? Please tell.

char_jig_kar

Alfrescian
Loyal
ah..ah..ah lu kong simi lan jiao mudskipper? where are your kar kiahs? another of your kiddie imaginations?grow up lah!
Oh yah..you think wise man here is replying to you. That will be a laugh. They are replying to arguments, not a pondan no lumpar mudskipper! Eh hiao bweh. chee bai kiah!

si bei jia lat. one lanjiaolan, and then one screw ball join in. one insist tat only dialect could connect to chinese root thousand years ago, the other don't know what he babble about. fucking surreal.