• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

sole female victim of car accident was getai singer too

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very timely for SPF Traffic Police Division now to come out with slogan...."Speed Thrills but Kills" using the video clip and show on TV prime time ad space.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Speed doesn’t kill, it’s the sudden deceleration that does the dirty job.

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No news on Raybe Oh.
No news is good news?
Does this mean she is still alive?
That she has beaten the odds and survived 80-degree burns?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No news on Raybe Oh.
No news is good news?
Does this mean she is still alive?
That she has beaten the odds and survived 80-degree burns?

What's the point? Even if she survives, she might need to wear a Darth Vader suit.

vader-and-anakinjpg.jpeg

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN my uncle think although leeport said 80% burn but it could be elaborated and also my uncle leeview the beedio she could still run across the street and run here and there means maybe the burn is spread to many body parts but the degree of burnt might not be deep kind so probably she will survive and leecovering now KNN my uncle wish her a speedy leecovery KNN

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Raybe Oh has beaten the odds and survived 80-degree burns.

Woman who tried to save boyfriend in Tanjong Pagar crash out of ICU and conscious
Ms Raybe Oh Siew Huey has been fighting for her life since the accident on Feb 13, 2021.

Ms Raybe Oh Siew Huey has been fighting for her life since the accident on Feb 13, 2021.
PHOTOS: KEVIN LIM, ST READER
David Sun

23 FEB 2021

SINGAPORE - The woman who tried to save her boyfriend in the fiery Tanjong Pagar crash is out of intensive care and stable, said the Singapore General Hospital (SGH) in an update on Tuesday (Feb 23).

Ms Raybe Oh Siew Huey, 26, is in a high dependency ward. The Straits Times understands she is conscious and that her family is with her. She has been fighting for her life since the accident on Saturday (Feb 13).

Her boyfriend, Mr Jonathan Long, was driving the white BMW which slammed into a Tanjong Pagar shophouse at around 5.40am.

The 29-year-old was killed along with four others in the car - Mr Eugene Yap, 29; Mr Elvin Tan Yong Hao, 28; Mr Wilson Teo Qi Xiang, 26; and Mr Gary Wong Hong Chieh, 29.

Ms Oh, a former Singapore Airlines air stewardess, had tried to save her boyfriend and friends from the car, which was engulfed in flames.

She suffered severe burns on about 80 per cent of her body as a result, but was conscious when she was taken to SGH by ambulance.

Mr Akira Chan, 21, a friend of the group, said Ms Oh had rushed to the burning wreck without hesitation.

"She tried to open the door and was injured in the process," he said. "She was trying to save her fiance."

Mr Long and Ms Oh had recently applied for a Housing Board flat together.

hzlong0223.jpg
Mr Jonathan Long was driving the white BMW which slammed into a Tanjong Pagar shophouse on Feb 13, 2021.
PHOTO: INSTAGRAM

In an interview with Shin Min Daily News, Mr Long's 62-year-old father said the family has kept Ms Oh in their thoughts even as they struggle to cope with the death of their son.

"I treat her as my own daughter and I hope that she will be safe," he said. "She is really a very good girl, and we will do our best to take care of her."

He added that he has been in touch with Ms Oh's mother to provide support.

VIDEO: ST READER
MORE ON THIS TOPIC
‘She did what she did for love’: Woman in ICU tried to save boyfriend from burning car in Tanjong Pagar crash
Tanjong Pagar crash: First of five victims cremated

Ms Oh, who was born in Malaysia, began singing getai at the age of 16 and was a polytechnic student in Singapore.

In a 2013 interview with The Straits Times when she was a polytechnic student, she said she performed at getai shows to earn money for school fees to lighten her father's financial burden.

Getai organiser Aaron Tan had in an earlier interview described Ms Oh as a quiet and petite person who appeared to be timid, but was actually very independent and had a big heart.

The 45-year-old said the getai community was shocked when they heard the news.

Mr Tan added: "She did what she did for love and it was a selfless act that not everybody could do. It was a commendable thing."

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Raybe Oh has beaten the odds and survived 80-degree burns.

Woman who tried to save boyfriend in Tanjong Pagar crash out of ICU and conscious

PHOTOS: KEVIN LIM, ST READER
David Sun

23 FEB 2021

SINGAPORE - The woman who tried to save her boyfriend in the fiery Tanjong Pagar crash is out of intensive care and stable, said the Singapore General Hospital (SGH) in an update on Tuesday (Feb 23).

Ms Raybe Oh Siew Huey, 26, is in a high dependency ward. The Straits Times understands she is conscious and that her family is with her. She has been fighting for her life since the accident on Saturday (Feb 13).

Her boyfriend, Mr Jonathan Long, was driving the white BMW which slammed into a Tanjong Pagar shophouse at around 5.40am.

The 29-year-old was killed along with four others in the car - Mr Eugene Yap, 29; Mr Elvin Tan Yong Hao, 28; Mr Wilson Teo Qi Xiang, 26; and Mr Gary Wong Hong Chieh, 29.

Ms Oh, a former Singapore Airlines air stewardess, had tried to save her boyfriend and friends from the car, which was engulfed in flames.

She suffered severe burns on about 80 per cent of her body as a result, but was conscious when she was taken to SGH by ambulance.

Mr Akira Chan, 21, a friend of the group, said Ms Oh had rushed to the burning wreck without hesitation.

"She tried to open the door and was injured in the process," he said. "She was trying to save her fiance."

Mr Long and Ms Oh had recently applied for a Housing Board flat together.

hzlong0223.jpg
Mr Jonathan Long was driving the white BMW which slammed into a Tanjong Pagar shophouse on Feb 13, 2021.
PHOTO: INSTAGRAM

In an interview with Shin Min Daily News, Mr Long's 62-year-old father said the family has kept Ms Oh in their thoughts even as they struggle to cope with the death of their son.

"I treat her as my own daughter and I hope that she will be safe," he said. "She is really a very good girl, and we will do our best to take care of her."

He added that he has been in touch with Ms Oh's mother to provide support.

VIDEO: ST READER
MORE ON THIS TOPIC
‘She did what she did for love’: Woman in ICU tried to save boyfriend from burning car in Tanjong Pagar crash
Tanjong Pagar crash: First of five victims cremated

Ms Oh, who was born in Malaysia, began singing getai at the age of 16 and was a polytechnic student in Singapore.

In a 2013 interview with The Straits Times when she was a polytechnic student, she said she performed at getai shows to earn money for school fees to lighten her father's financial burden.

Getai organiser Aaron Tan had in an earlier interview described Ms Oh as a quiet and petite person who appeared to be timid, but was actually very independent and had a big heart.

The 45-year-old said the getai community was shocked when they heard the news.

Mr Tan added: "She did what she did for love and it was a selfless act that not everybody could do. It was a commendable thing."
KNN as mentioned by my wise uncle probably is being elaborated by the media KNN she could still run here and there and shortly the fire became not so big anymore KNN anyway my uncle say congrats to her KNN