• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

So which SDP member will contest in Bukit Batok?

jw5

Loyal
SDP sure lose!

So far no SDP has ever stepped into ParLeeMen since ????

Who wants to be the guinea pig?

SDP parliamentarians from yesteryear or the days of yore include Chiam ST, Ling HD and Cheo CC. :wink:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: So which SDP member will context in Bukit Batok?

Chee has such a big ego that it would almost certainly be him. If the SDP candidate wins in Bukit Batok, he or she would be the de-facto leader of SDP by virtue of being the only one to capture the seat. Chee would not stand for giving up his leadership position in SDP for someone else.

A by-election win for Dr Chee will give him the mandate to represent the Opps in Parliament. WP's Low Thia Khiang and Sylvia Lim have lost much of their glory in the last GE campaigning for petty issues like blue skies and white clouds. They should give way to Dr Chee to step up as the people 's representative so that he can bring on real good debate in Parliament.

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chee Soon Juan is eminently qualified to give LHL nightmares

Nightmares only meh ? Guarantee cancer relapse, I tell you.

With parliamentary immunity, rest assured Dr Chee will ask the most embarrassing questions in Parliament. PAP die die will stop Dr Chee from the doors of Parliament. And if for some reason Dr Chee becomes a hero in Parliament, many more will come forward and jump on the bandwagon. In fact many jumped onto the blue bandwagon thinking it was a sure ticket, but if Dr Chee succeeds the next in-thing will be the red bandwagon.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

A by-election for Dr Chee will give him the mandate to represent the Opps in Parliament. WP's Low Thia Khiang and Sylvia Lim have lost much of their glory in the last GE campaigning for petty issues like blue sky and white clouds. They should give way to Dr Chee to step up as the people 's representative so that he can bring on some real good debate in Parliament.

The SDP candidate for Bukit Batok in the recent GE was not Chee but some Ah Neh. Why isn't he good enough to stand again? LLL from WP represented WP again in the Punggol East by-elections instead of the more prominent NCMPs like Giam and Yee.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nightmares only meh ? Guarantee cancer relapse, I tell you.

With parliamentary immunity, rest assured Dr Chee will ask the most embarrassing questions in Parliament. PAP die die will stop Dr Chee from the doors of Parliament. And if for some reason Dr Chee becomes a hero in Parliament, many more will come forward and jump on the bandwagon. In fact many jumped onto the blue bandwagon thinking it was a sure ticket, but if Dr Chee succeeds the next in-thing will be the red bandwagon.

Based on CSJ's rally speeches, his alternatives, and his level of public speaking and debating skills (almost as good as Francis Seow and LKY), and I hope the residents of Bukit Batok will vote and elect CSJ, I am confident that CSJ will "raise the standard" of questions and debate in the Singapore Parliament.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal

Chee has such a big ego that it would almost certainly be him. If the SDP candidate wins in Bukit Batok, he or she would be the de-facto leader of SDP by virtue of being the only one to capture the seat. Chee would not stand for giving up his leadership position in SDP for someone else.

Speaking from the cunt profiteering from PA and grassroots with lucrative contracts for your business. You will pimp you wife too!

Last edited:

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The SDP candidate for Bukit Batok in the recent GE was not Chee but some Ah Neh. Why isn't he good enough to stand again? LLL from WP represented WP again in the Punggol East by-elections instead of the more prominent NCMPs like Giam and Yee.

It was a tactical error for the SDP when they contested in Bukit Timah in the last GE. Their message of empathy for the poor , unemployed and middle-class was targeted to the wrong audience. The rich do not share the same views as him. They voted for stability and continuity ; "My business comes first. The poor will always be there. If I vote for him, what can he do for my business ? Pay more to hire workers ? Increase corporate tax ? "

If Dr Chee has contested in Bukit Batok then, I am sure he would have won !

Last edited:

jw5

Loyal

u r welcome.
i still trying to figure out what he meant by " very strong" candidates ?

It was meant for the easily impressionable sinkies to think that the candidate would be very good.

Just like when the wooden fool claimed that the whole family was "exceptional". :biggrin:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

It was a tactical error for the SDP when they contested in Bukit Timah. Their message of empathy for the poor and help for the unemployed and middle-class was targeted to the wrong audience. The rich do not share the same views as him. They voted for stability and continuity ; "My business comes first. The poor will have always be there. If I vote for him, what can he do for my business ? Pay more to hire the workers ? "

If Dr Chee has contested in Bukit Batok then, I am sure he would have won !

Grassroots feedback was that many of the upper class in Bukit Timah voted for opposition. On the contrary, the people whom Chee claimed to speak up for, the poor and the average HDB residents, they were the ones who mostly voted against SDP repeatedly.

Chee lost in Bukit Timah GRC by a large margin. As most sinkies stay in HDB and not condos and private housing, the HDB dwellers will always make up the decisive voting bloc.

Onitsuka

Alfrescian
Loyal
Based on CSJ's rally speeches, his alternatives, and his level of public speaking and debating skills (almost as good as Francis Seow and LKY), and I hope the residents of Bukit Batok will vote and elect CSJ, I am confident that CSJ will "raise the standard" of questions and debate in the Singapore Parliament.

Dr Chee certainly has good public speaking skills. As for debating skills, I have not seen him debate on TV except that one rare moment when he was grilled by George Yeo and Davinder Singh.

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal

BB still not ready for a Ah Neh MP. that was sdp mistake to correct.

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Grassroots feedback was that many of the upper class in Bukit Timah voted for opposition. On the contrary, the people whom Chee claimed to speak up for, the poor and the average HDB residents, they were the ones who mostly voted against SDP repeatedly.

Chee lost in Bukit Timah GRC by a large margin. As most sinkies stay in HDB and not condos and private housing, the HDB dwellers will always make up the decisive voting bloc.

That's an interesting feedback from the PAP grassroots. I think they are out to score a psychological win by claiming that the rich voted for Dr Chee and the majority poor voted him out.

I still think that Dr Chee has contested in the wrong ward in the last GE.

The crucible test will be this by-election in Bukit Batok. If Dr Chee loses by the same margin, I think he can throw in the towel. I salute the man. He has done his best . Unfortunately, in politics , you either win or lose. If he loses in the by-election, he should bow out. It will be even harder for him to win in the next GE. But I am confident that he will not lose. He is contesting in the right ward this time round.

Last edited:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dr Chee certainly has good public speaking skills. As for debating skills, I have not seen him debate on TV except that one rare moment when he was grilled by George Yeo and Davinder Singh.

I agree.
I have not seen CSJ debate.
But since he can speak very well, without notes, and think on his feet, I speculate that he should be a good match for the PAP MP's

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The crucible test will be the by-election in Bukit Batok. If Dr Chee loses by the same margin, I think he can throw in the towel this time round. I salute the man. He has done his best . Unfortunately, in politics , you either win or lose.

If CSJ is the SDP's candidate for Bukit Batok in the forthcoming bye election, and if he loses, then I believe that he should retire from politics.
But if he is not contesting, and loses in the next GE, then I believe that he should retire at that time.
Unfortunately, it appears that there are insufficient number of Singaporeans who will vote for him and his team.

jw5

Loyal

If CSJ is the SDP's candidate for Bukit Batok in the forthcoming bye election, and if he loses, then I believe that he should retire from politics.
But if he is not contesting, and loses in the next GE, then I believe that he should retire at that time.
Unfortunately, it appears that there are insufficient number of Singaporeans who will vote for him and his team.

Couple Of Points:

1. At least he has the courage to step forward and speak up, unlike certain cowardly former civil servants/scholars who only talk shit in internet forums. :wink:

2. You can believe whatever you want, but he will decide when he retires, and not you. :biggrin:

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Couple Of Points:

1. At least he has the courage to step forward and speak up, unlike certain cowardly former civil servants/scholars who only talk shit in internet forums. :wink:

2. You can believe whatever you want, but he will decide when he retires, and not you. :biggrin:

Hello,

I know that.
Am I not allow to make a post.
And I do not believe that you have to tell me, unless you are CSJ.
But CSJ does not behave like you, as reflected in your comments.
Are you the "guardian" or security guard for this forum?

jw5

Loyal

Hello,

I know that.

You are allowed to post whatever you want, I am allowed to reply, agree, refute or rebut. Dun take it so seriously. :wink:

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

That's an interesting feedback from the PAP grassroots. I think they are out to score a psychological win by claiming that the rich voted for Dr Chee and the majority poor voted him out.

I still think that Dr Chee has contested in the wrong ward in the last GE.

The crucible test will be this by-election in Bukit Batok. If Dr Chee loses by the same margin, I think he can throw in the towel. I salute the man. He has done his best . Unfortunately, in politics , you either win or lose. If he loses in the by-election, he should bow out. It will be even harder for him to win in the next GE. But I am confident that he will not lose. He is contesting in the right ward this time round.

Many of my upper class peers are sadly anti-PAP. There's always a lot of venom against PAP at our private gatherings once the beer and bbq meats are in free flow.

During my grassroots work, the HDB dwellers would complain about PAP but with less hostility. Many of them vote for PAP because they feel an opposition MP would merely be a lame duck MP whom the government institutions and grassroots would ignore. In the end, the HDB dwellers feel that they would be better off approaching the PAP grassroots advisor for help instead. The rich don't thank PAP for making them rich. Many of them are ingrates and we know who they are. We merely tolerate each other for personal reasons.

duluxe

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hello,

I know that.

He is a member of the jamban jaga team here. Cool :biggrin: