• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SMRT found lightning as the next culprit for train delay

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Which company doesn't claim to be world leaders and the best nowadays...

We are ever boastful...it takes more than one AUNG SANG SUU KYI to put these people in their place...we are not talking about company... I own one, if I am selling shits...I will ever be boastful about it, even my products are crappy..

I am talking about the boastfulness that we claim to be the best this, best that...

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP_logo_variation.png

lianbeng salutes this logo! :biggrin:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can sure that the designers, of the system, the engineers that built it, have lightning protection factored in & installed. You hit the nail right on the head with the maintenance thing, in which they will try to deflect...deflect to blaming gourd!. They have a 'friend of the family', running the company ( now ex), whose expertise is in sales...so, the emphasis is on MAKING MONEY..not so much on, maintaining the rail system.

We are really thankful, despite this oversight...no one has died YET! from a rail disaster! :p

Our lightning very fierce...even Merlion not spared!!! Thats why u need Thor to control the lightning with his HAMMER!!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We are ever boastful...it takes more than one AUNG SANG SUU KYI to put these people in their place...we are not talking about company... I own one, if I am selling shits...I will ever be boastful about it, even my products are crappy..

I am talking about the boastfulness that we claim to be the best this, best that...

Dun boast and tell lies then how to cover up their cock ups and yet 'justify' their astronomical salaries?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Blame lightning!!! /
Even lamp post on street is about same height with MRT track above ground.
Damn stupid reason.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I feel that it is a perfectly acceptable and reasonable explanation. Even with the best of lightning protection system installed, no equipment is guaranteed to not fail during a thunder/lightning storm. Not unless it operates within a Faraday's cage.

Since the inception of MRT, we have not heard of this lame excuse. But it recent years, with numerous breakdowns, a flood of excuses have emerged. What's next? Rats, cats or PEPPERTAIL?

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
oh right... are they using the insurance companies' favourite excuse/exclusion: "Any acts of God will not be covered by us" ??

or maybe...

"Please complain to God if you are late for work due to train delays".

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since the inception of MRT, we have not heard of this lame excuse. But it recent years, with numerous breakdowns, a flood of excuses have emerged. What's next? Rats, cats or PEPPERTAIL?

Next excuse maybe. MRT breakdown due to smell of Ah Neh or spitting by PRC .
U will be surprise.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Does SMRT has any antenna or whatever installation so high up the ground?

if my memory serves me correctly, a poor bloke got struck by lightning years ago near Paya Lebar MRT station. plenty of trees and buildings around but not near enough to absorb those currents. chaodar on the spot. RIP

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SMRT CEO said this year that it will take FIVE years to fix the current problems. Is this lighting problem a current or new problem? If it is a new problem, how many more years is SMRT going to take to solve this problem?

We should be worried with our military, given the track record of the new SMRT senior executives who are ex-military men. In MINDEF, they can hide their incompetence, now it is not possible except that they are still trying and blaming everything and anything except themselves.