• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sinkie SYT Wins World Table Tennis Tournament In Doha! Majulah PAP!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Cover-image-64.png

After clinching gold at the women's table tennis singles during the Southeast Asian Games in May 2023, Singaporean athlete Zeng Jian once again put Singapore on the world map by winning the World Table Tennis (WTT) Feeder Doha II women's singles title on Oct. 19, 2023.

This is the 26-year-old's first WWT title.

Zeng currently ranked 64 in the International Table Tennis Federation (ITTF) World Ranking.

This victory will boost her hopes to qualify for the Paris 2024 Olympics, according to The Straits Times.

Zeng's road to victory
In the final game, Zeng won all three rounds against Welsh athlete Anna Hursey, currently ranked 163 in the ITTF World Ranking.

For each round, she scored 11-6, 11-5, and 11-5, respectively.

Before reaching the finals, Zeng defeated South Korea's Choi Seo-yeon (ranked #697), China's Gao Yuxin (ranked #386), Italy's Giorgia Piccolin (ranked #106), and Chinese Taipei's Huang Yi-hua (ranked #74).

Zeng 'didn't expect' to win the tournament
Looking back at the three-day tournament, Zeng said she didn't expect to win the title because she has been competing "quite a bit," and she could feel "the fatigue setting in," reported ST.

"[The game] was tough, but coming back to beat the young Chinese player was a big boost, and I was more composed after that," she added.

Zeng also thanked her coaches and the Singapore Table Tennis Association for their support.

The national women's head coach, Jing Junhong, also said the team is happy for Zeng to "record this achievement and breakthrough after a long period of hard work."

Jing shared that the current season is still not over, with tour events and club competitions in Slovenia, China, and France coming up:

"The hectic schedule is similar for players who are chasing Olympics spots, and we will try to manage this as best as we can."

https://mothership.sg/2023/10/zeng-jian-world-table-tennis-title/

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Erm it’s like telling me arsenal beat Geylang United to win some trophy. I don’t know to laugh or cry.

bigozt

Alfrescian
Loyal
So what's the return on investment ROI for ping pong? The sport is dominated by Cina, very boring lah.

sbfuncle

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't understand why table tennis also need a coach. When you are good at it you are good at it. Talk no use.
Speaking from my past experience as a club table tennis player.
This sports doesn't need stamina or running as a training. Fatso also can be champion. It is all about practice and practice and the inborn flare for it.