• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkie Mat earns $7k a mth driving taxi, pay higher than a police ASP

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I tot taxi accident earn lots of insurance?

That's what i read from someone who has a taxi driver fren told him.

Bro Jah, maybe last time. These days whenever I get back SG, I have opportunities to chat with taxi drivers. All kpkb and wanting to avoid accident at all cost. :cool:

Think NTUC clamp down on that hard until it became punitive. :mad:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro, it is possible. A friend of mine who drove taxi is able to clock this kind of income with out needing to work such long hours. Of course not "ethically". Unless of cos, he tua kang to me.:biggrin: He is never known to us as a tua kang yao siu, so i trust him.:biggrin:

Bro IHP, how come you kana banned? :o What happened? :(

Can share input so that folks here learn or PM me please? Thank you. :confused:

I hope you get out of ban soon. Hope to read your post soon. :smile:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Oo Yah Boh !

Oo Yah Boh ! 7k ?

Got so much money meh ? It is very hard to imagine what they do out there. You can actually see there are so many cabs plying on our roads now. Mostly, Comfort's Sonata type or Transcab's (red with white top) Toyota Wish ?

My uncle doesn't get that much lay.

Bro Conqueror, I belive your uncle said the truth. I also think that chap also speaking the truth.

Does your uncle share the cab with another driver on rotating shift? Does your uncle do lots of errant on non business basis - like ferrying kids to school or ferry wife to shopping etc etc?

There are many parameters to consider as mentioned in my earlier posts. Just too many. :o

I would give both the benefits of the doubt and believe in both of them. :biggrin:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I believe these are rare exception than the norm....heard of those elite cabbies driving the 'limos' making more but I dun know any personally....if income so good no one wants to work as security for $1500 on daily 12 hours shift

Bro Narong, of course he is a rare breed. Definitely not the norm. Otherwise why would the prostitutes profile him? But it showed that it could be done.

Earning $7,000 just by driving taxi is indeed VERY RARE. :mad:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Most chinese drivers would prefer to drive less and choosey on who they pick up, and on weekend they would prefer to be betting or be bookie on the race track....:biggrin:

You can work 16 hrs a day, but if you have long coffee and lunch break it is all for not.

Bro chuckyworld, indeed, you said it right. There are so many times when I was in the taxi queue and the taxi driver drove up and asked "Where are you going?". After I replied, he waved his hands and move away with me still standing waiting for the next cab. :mad:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't tell me it's ... don't get caught. Or else, his license kana confiscated.

Bro Conqueror, yes, I agree with you, definitely not worth doing anything not "ethically" correct. One the licence is confiscated, it will be game over for driving taxi. :rolleyes:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
All those unemployed PMET should become cab drivers. If everyone do so, then this guy's income will drop.

Bro winnipegjets, no need to increase the supply to reduce his income. The way the taxi companies have been bidding for the COE recently, soon our friend will have to pay more rental for his taxi. :mad:

Only the 超级白's pay is certain. :mad: :mad:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Brothers, I tell you something disheartening; truck drivers in Canadian mines make min. S$200k a year and even security guards at Australian mines(unarmed, drives around in SUVs, not in sun) gets min. S$120K a year. If the security guard is qualified to hold firearms, he will get more. I came to know all these while reading/viewing mining companies AGM briefings.

No doubt these jobs are away from home, these are more comfortable and less risky positions reserved for the local populations. The workers just need to slog it for 2-5years to earn themselves a cosy freehold home.​

Bro makapaaa, we are talking about Singapore taxi drivers in Singapore. :*: :confused:

Yes, those in the mining industries are the new rich. I read about their lifeless lifestyle having to be in the mine for most of their working hours... it is very hard, tough and lonely. It can break those with lesser will down. Perhaps then, they may have more time surfing SBF during their non working non sleeping hours. Ha ha. :biggrin:

Once they are out of their mines, they squandered alot of their hard earned, life endangered earnings by splurging on drinks, women, fancy cars and big houses. That drove the property prices up in Western Australia. :o

Life is like that... easy come easy go. :eek:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Good for this Mat.. 7K a month is quite sufficient for him to support his family..

Not all Mats are lazy nowadays.. They already chuck aside their wooden guitars..

Most modern Mats have this new mentality.. They only know how to make more $$$$$$ now..

Bro zeddy, lets hope the modern Malays could uplift the image of the whole community in time to come. Wish them all the very best. :smile:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Found this.. Comfirm what I saw the other nite at Bedok South was Uncle Yap..

Uncle Yap taking an Ah Neh FT passenger..

Thanks Bro zeddy, for letting me know UY = Uncle Yap. I used to follow his postings. And I used to wonder why he is always around when things happened. Now I know. Mystery solved. Terima kasih Bang. :smile:

Wish him all the very best! :wink:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Taxi fares here now higher than most countries. Don't believe? Just check yourself.

Bro enterprise2, no need to check. Almost confirmed.

But if you stripped off those special levies like ERP, peak hours and airport charges etc etc, it may not be. :o

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks Bro zeddy, for letting me know UY = Uncle Yap. I used to follow his postings. And I used to wonder why he is always around when things happened. Now I know. Mystery solved. Terima kasih Bang. :smile:

Wish him all the very best! :wink:

Perhaps Uncle Yap will share his experience and see if 7k is urban myth or not....
The other time he got jailed unfairly and shared his experiences in detail....

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
MULTIMEDIA | OCT. 28, 2012 : I'm My Own Boss
Feature for Career Cabbies in their 30s on Oct 28, 2012.

With his stylish white leather loafers, wrap-around shades and upturned shirt collar, Muhammad Hasnor Hashim goes against the grain of what a taxi driver should look like.

The 32-year-old and father of three is one of Singapore's youngest taxi driver. Hasnor enjoys the flexible hours, takes pride in his work ethic and claims to earn as much as $7000 in a good month.

"We should be called taxi managers instead of taxi drivers because we manage a taxi and we are our own boss," says the former general manager in a security firm.

Photojournalist Seah Kwang Peng spends a day in Hasnor's taxi prowling the streets for his next passenger.

Shot by: Seah Kwang Peng

Produced by: Desmond Lim and Seah Kwang Peng

Watch the multimedia story. http://bit.Iy/TmyKZZ

Bro Extremist, this chap takes pride in his work/job etc.

"We should be called taxi managers instead of taxi drivers because we manage a taxi and we are our own boss," says the former general manager in a security firm.

How about calling them Taxi Captain? Lets call a spade a spade. :eek:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You vying with raiders for ultimate point whore?
Too bad me no clones if not will surely upz you....no offense bro just harmless weekend banter :biggrin:

Bro looneytan, surfing SBF takes up alot of time. No time. No time. :mad:

On a seperate note. Wonder if he has a SBF account when he was a Security Manager.

Wonder too, if he can kwa sar his SBF points to me or not. :p

I first in the queue hor. :smile:

No cut queue please!! :mad:

blur sotong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Imagine UY taking a short skirt drunk chio bu passenger from a club.. Chio Bu sit wide apart in the back seat.. UY can beo her panties on his cam..:biggrin:

Bro zeddy, think UY would not do it. He would think about safety first. He can always watch it own time own target after he gotten back and downloaded into his computer. :biggrin: :biggrin:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro Blur, Was trying to locate the thread about over planning but can't seem to find it. Will post in LOS thread.