• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Sinkie Bachelor Edward Buys HDB Resale 3-Room Flat In AMK And Renovates It Like 1950s Style!

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
View attachment 114164

When homeowner Edward purchased a resale three-room HDB flat in Ang Mo Kio, he wanted his home to be a technicolour showcase of the mid-century modern style.

Aside from appreciating the sensibilities of the modernist era – where form follows function, and which favours sleek, uncluttered lines with both organic and geometric forms – he also noted that “most mid-century furniture pieces are very small, so it’s much easier to fit them into a small space”.

“I’ve always loved colour,” said the bachelor. “I like to experiment with different colour combinations; the mood that I wanted was something that makes me feel relaxed and happy when I come home.”

View attachment 114165

Other items on his wish list? Clean lines, a retro feel, a spacious master suite, lots of shoe storage as “I have a lot of shoes”, an interesting dining area, lots of built-in furniture, and a kitchen that “ties in with how I dress – I like to mix graphic prints with textures”.

So he engaged interior design firm Karpentree Studio to help him create “a modernist-inspired retreat tailored for a dandy who celebrates life in simplicity with a bold statement”.

To make the 759 sq ft flat feel more light and open, the wall between the living/dining area and the kitchen was removed, creating a long rectangular space from the front of the apartment all the way to the back.

The floor of the expanded space was redone in pale grey terrazzo for a light, airy feel imbued with elegant modernist vibes.

View attachment 114166

In the living area, a salmon pink floating shoe cabinet and a trio of matching floating shelves stand out against pale grey walls, providing storage without eating into the footprint of the apartment. Opposite, a streamlined deep blue sofa, a circular rug in medium brown, and mismatched cushions add further pops of colour.

View attachment 114167

View attachment 114168

View attachment 114169

View attachment 114170

https://cnalifestyle.channelnewsasi...ovation-tips-hdb-bto-condo-modernist-15010112
Must b a faggot..with such Garbage designs

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ok..i go buy
You can only rent from Singaporea Land Authority. You go to their website and can see what properties are available for rent. U supposed to bid with a minimum base price. At Seletar camp, your neighbour will be mostly foreigners. Your yard can be invaded by wild boars. price ranging $1800 to $8000 depending on type and size of property. Renew every 2 years.

jw5

Loyal
You can only rent from Singaporea Land Authority. You go to their website and can see what properties are available for rent. U supposed to bid with a minimum base price. At Seletar camp, your neighbour will be mostly foreigners. Your yard can be invaded by wild boars. price ranging $1800 to $8000 depending on type and size of property. Renew every 2 years.

Are there still many army camps at Seletar? :unsure:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oic..thanks .

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Edward got it all wrong. During the 1950s, homes were like these. He needs to re-renovate.

6035e81de5809a58e19b787665fa6964.jpg
aeSRaeVpwQfkVkak1-pdwNuah5GchDEJbzVN24Vd20R6IVQbLkLl5NlIbnOLmtggnUAAuQnb9ooqGkqIWnX3AmBPu28xumgSwzPDxQSCVN-vOlPI2Kq6ldprvMU_takJYPap9qJf8zU

Edward prefers the Yankee 1950s style, not the sinkie 1950s style. The photo you posted reminds us all just how far Ah Gong brought Singapore in 20 years from a humble fishing village to metropolis!

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Edward prefers the Yankee 1950s style, not the sinkie 1950s style. The photo you posted reminds us all just how far Ah Gong brought Singapore in 20 years from a humble fishing village to metropolis!
Besides the retro fridge, nothing resembles 1950s amdk. Yes, yes ah gong was the bestest and cleverest.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Singaporeans so funny but pathetic...so proud of their HDB flat on a long term lease.

That's probably because they hardly have anything else in their lives to be genuinely proud of. Pumping your life savings into a HDB flat makes 'home ownership' feel very real indeed. Feelings are very important. :biggrin: