• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sinkaporeans are Selfish, Stupid and Short-Sighted (NS-related topic)

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Sg's case, for a visitor, s/he will notice many Sg familiies with maids, and these are working class families. Despite the high price of autos in Sg, there are many Benzes, Beemers, even Maseratis and Lambos. Many folk in Sg own the latest electronic gizmos, eat out, own pedigree dogs. Go book a holiday abroad, better be early. Same thing with booking your condo.

It's actually not surprising tourists get the wrong impression about Spore.
A tourist is more likely to stick to the touristy places e.g. Orchard Rd. All those cars they see at Orchard Rd belong to those able to afford Orchard Rd prices, probably other expats :wink:. They don't get a chance to see the ghettos of Spore i.e. older HDB estates.

While looking at some flats at Bishan I was told about the "show flats" which is more costly. When a foreign VIP is taken to view how Sporeans live, they are shown these "show flats" which are obviously well taken care of. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

SibeiKing

Alfrescian
Loyal
One star for this thread. :smile:

9fe9b6ec.jpg

ps07857

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you are singaporean, born of singaporean citizenship, hold a singaporean passport or born of singaporean parents,
just serve your NS. You will make things easier in your future.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I totally agree.I immigrated overseas 5 years ago when my son was 12 years old but Mindef wants my son to serve NS.I went to meet up with the CMPB staff and asked for a deferment until renouncement of Citizenship for my son , the staff asked us to submit a request , got all our particulars including copies of our foreign citizenship and then send me a letter stating that under the Singapore constitution all citizens must serve NS!When i wrote back for their reasons and why some ex-Singaporean i know were granted deferment until renouncement, they send me a letter stating that they are not obliged to give me a reason and continue to repeat the Singapore Constitution.

I wrote again indicating that even an MP can 'excape' NS , President Tony Tan's son can even get 12 years deferment, sons of PRs can renounce their PR status before turning 18 and get out of Singapore, why as a Singaporean we don't have that right?The staff refused to answer our questions and continued to repeat the Singapore Constitution. When i asked to see the CMPB chief or someone who has authority to review this, the chief refused to see me and refused to give me any person to talk to and asked me to write to Teo Chee Heng indirectly.

Anyway i have decided to forget about Singapore as my son is going to loose 3 years of his life for nothing as the entrance timing to overseas university is different and he will loose out to his peers.Its not important as far as i am concern as Singapore is not the only place on Earth to make a life!

Well done, proud of you. I am working towards the same goal as you.

Spock

Alfrescian
Loyal
if you are singaporean, born of singaporean citizenship, hold a singaporean passport or born of singaporean parents,
just serve your NS. You will make things easier in your future.

It is stupid to resign yourself to a fate that was determined by higher mortals. The only time when I say something is fated is when I want to make someone my girlfriend.

Tonychat will be coming in to bash you for your Sinkie mentality. :biggrin:

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It is stupid to resign yourself to a fate that was determined by higher mortals. The only time when I say something is fated is when I want to make someone my girlfriend.

ahhh.. i guess the meaning of sinkieiness really sink in in here.. Yeah, your life cannot be determined by the so called higher mortals... Fate and all other shit are use for courting and these girls are stupid enough , usually, they fall for it, especially when they like you.

check this out on why girls are stupid.

http://www.menarebetterthanwomen.com/

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes, Sinkies are a reactionary lot. Always harping on how the PAPpies elevated Sinkieland from a fishing village to a bustling, modern city whenever someone questions the gahmen. You propose bold changes to Sinkies, they tell you "kiang jiu ho. Mai gek kiang!" Small country, small minds :rolleyes:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I totally agree.I immigrated overseas 5 years ago when my son was 12 years old but Mindef wants my son to serve NS.I went to meet up with the CMPB staff and asked for a deferment until renouncement of Citizenship for my son .........
Singapore is not the only place on Earth to make a life!

You emigrate because of NS? Thank you very much. Singapore does not need you. All the talk about Patrick Tan is an excuse to justify your decision.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Philistine said:
She has a point: NS does lower your intelligence.

CSM's intelligence was restored when he went to Stanford and Harvard. If he had stayed in Sinkieland, he might never have enjoyed so much success.

Totally twisted logic. In one brush you have condemned all NS Singaporean to stupidity, possibly including yourself. How stupid can you be? If CSM's intelligence was not there in the first place and retained after NS, do you think he could have gotten into Harvard, Stanford and Oxford?

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
You emigrate because of NS? Thank you very much. Singapore does not need you. All the talk about Patrick Tan is an excuse to justify your decision.

No lar bro, the point he was trying to make was that his son was still liable for NS even after the family emigrated because he emigrate after the 'cut-off date' for NS liability. I think it is a question of whether the rule is fair, but he then slams the institution of NS as an evil of epic proportions using the Patrick Tan case.

Agree with your stance about people who refuse to honour their citizenship obligations. Like the chao keng who refuse to do area cleaning. We won't miss people like Patrick Tan, we have no need for free riders.

However SG citizenship is worse than worthless - it is a heavy price to pay and I believe this view is shared by many local men.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
johnny333 said:
It's actually not surprising tourists get the wrong impression about Spore.
A tourist is more likely to stick to the touristy places e.g. Orchard Rd. All those cars they see at Orchard Rd belong to those able to afford Orchard Rd prices, probably other expats :wink:.

On the contrary, it is the expats who do not drive cars and even if they do, they drive only modest size cars. Most expats consider cars here too expensive and not worth owning it even though they could be earning twice the salary of locals. They save their money instead and indulge themselves in expensive dinners and antique wines which to them are within the prices that they know. If there are any foreigners (to differentiate those who own their own business or whose parents own the business from those who are just employees of large MNCs) who drive large or exotic cars, they are mainly from Asia, possibly Indonesian or Malaysian. You don't think the majority of these are owned by locals?