• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Primary 1 Registration

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: P1 Registration Season 2014

same here
my flat is next to my pri school field.
when i went for football during recess and skipped makan, my mum will shout at me from our kitchen windows.

Then my friends, will tell me, "oei Ah RUN, your mum calling you."

you guys benefited from papigs since young. I was third kid of the brood, nearly didn't make it out of the womb due to punitive fine for third child. Because of being third child, neighbourhood schools full already, so had to enrol to a kampong school that was at least 45min away on sbs bus and need to change bus midway somemore. I has to make bus concession card at primary 1. I remember the form teacher said it the first time she apply for a sbs concession card for a 7yo. Those days it 25cents per trip, and because I need to change bus, it would have cost $1 a day without the bus card. A primary school bus stamp was $5 then at primary 1 and I think increased to $6-7 by the time I psle.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

you guys benefited from papigs since young. I was third kid of the brood, nearly didn't make it out of the womb due to punitive fine for third child. Because of being third child, neighbourhood schools full already, so had to enrol to a kampong school that was at least 45min away on sbs bus and need to change bus midway somemore. I has to make bus concession card at primary 1. I remember the form teacher said it the first time she apply for a sbs concession card for a 7yo. Those days it 25cents per trip, and because I need to change bus, it would have cost $1 a day without the bus card. A primary school bus stamp was $5 then at primary 1 and I think increased to $6-7 by the time I psle.

Yes, ah RUN's parent gave up on the third child because of the govt policy of stopping-at-two back then. However, it doesnt mean that RUN enrolled into a good school. Today, RUN's primary school is still reputed as the lousiest primary in the east, but being from a humble background, the location-convenience was foremost priority.

RUN knew that peers who were kids of uni parents were given guaranteed entries into top primary schools during his times.
After I grew up, i think it's ok because I was happier in my primary school.

GG789

Alfrescian
Loyal

famous school teachers normally dont provide any remedial/supplementary lesson to pupils.
they expect u to have home tuition at home.

well, go neighborhood school better. Their P all works very hard, push/force their teachers to work hard( give remedial/supp lesson)

Then you can save a lot money on tuition fee.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes, ah RUN's parent gave up on the third child because of the govt policy of stopping-at-two back then. However, it doesnt mean that RUN enrolled into a good school. Today, RUN's primary school is still reputed as the lousiest primary in the east, but being from a humble background, the location-convenience was foremost priority.

RUN knew that peers who were kids of uni parents were given guaranteed entries into top primary schools during his times.
After I grew up, i think it's ok because I was happier in my primary school.

ah run's primary school may not be GOOD school but at the very least it a school within walking distance. punter's school was not only a lousy kampong school, it a bloody far away from home. morning session must wake up before 6am and pray the connecting bus had standing room for punter and school bag. punter's parents no $$, so must go school on sbs alone.:(

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Stay for 30 months at address before applying for nearby school

MAY 25, 2015 BY THEONLINECITIZEN IN NEWS ·

Parents who wish to send their children to schools near their homes would now have to live in that registered address for at least 30 months from the start of the registration exercise under the home-school distance priority scheme, according to new regulations announced by the Ministry of Education four days ago.

In previous registration exercises for Primary 1 students, such a rule was not specifically enforced.

On MOE’s website, updated on 20 May 2015, it was stated that:

“In a small number of cases, there may be situations where the families are unable to remain at the address used for registration for the entire duration of the child’s primary school studies.

Even so, a child who gains priority admission into a school through his/her distance category is required to reside at the address used for registration for at least 30 months from the commencement of the P1 registration exercise on 2 July 2015.

If this condition is not met, MOE reserves the right to transfer the child to another school with vacancies, as the priority admission to the first school was based on the declared address used for registration.”

The rule will also apply to families who have purchased a property that has yet to be completed – the 30-month rule will come into effect when the family moves into their completed home.

The new rule will apply to registration for primary school enrolment for January 2016.

http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2015/05/stay-for-30-months-at-address-before-applying-for-nearby-school/

groinroot

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well, no problem for children/grandchildren of grassroots bodies. Special preference for this category. Who stands to benefit? All PRs and new shitizens who have joined RCs in droves to tap on the benefits. The majority are ahnehs and ahtiongs. So Singaporeans who want to enrol their kids in schools of their choice, but active in RCs, have to wait behind the newcomers. Shucks!!!!

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

Well, no problem for children/grandchildren of grassroots bodies. Special preference for this category. Who stands to benefit? All PRs and new shitizens who have joined RCs in droves to tap on the benefits. The majority are ahnehs and ahtiongs. So Singaporeans who want to enrol their kids in schools of their choice, but active in RCs, have to wait behind the newcomers. Shucks!!!!

Yes, P1 registration should give priority to children of fathers who served NS for 2-2.5 years (not the shortcut volunteer Corps) OR grandchildren of grandfathers who served NS for 2-2.5 years.

Fair?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Doesn't affect me. I stay in a nice upscale part of Singapore where there are a few popular primary schools around. Too bad I don't have a third kid waiting for primary one enrollment. It's a nice neighbourhood. You guys should get some more money so that you can be my neighbours.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I see plenty of International Schools popping up in Spore. Unfortunately Spore citizns are not allowed into these schools. The only exception I know of is the grandson of LKY.

With the difficulty of getting into the branded schools of Spore, I'm sure that there are many Spore parents who would willingly pay the higher school fees of these international schools.

So why is the PAP gov't forcing Sporean parents to "volunteering" their time, to get into these branded schools:confused:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Doesn't affect me. I stay in a nice upscale part of Singapore where there are a few popular primary schools around. Too bad I don't have a third kid waiting for primary one enrollment. It's a nice neighbourhood. You guys should get some more money so that you can be my neighbours.

I am one up on you, I am old boy of elite school and already three generations of elite school. Elite school culture ingrained and not "transplanted" like you.

Last edited:

looneytan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Did you help your father fuck your mother last night like what I told you to do?