• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Primary 1 Registration

blindswordsman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: P1 Registration Season 2014

:p Please don't watch football until you forget to register your child for P1 2015 from 3rd July - 28 August. :p

Phase 1 - 3 July 2014
Phase 2A1 - 8 July 2014
Phase 2A2 - 14 July 2014
Phase 2B - 21 July 2014
Phase 2C - 30 July 2014
Phase 2CS -12 August 2014

World Cup: 13th June to 13 July

Let all sinkies have the first priority to register their children in all phases of the registration exercise and all foreigners/PR should be the last to register for the leftover vacancies. Singapore for Singaporeans.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

active community leader is crasslooter lah aka PA aka RC member.

i remember it 1.5 years before registration. so realistically, the parent must join RC before their kid start K1 as registration start at mid of K2. a colleague join his neighbourhood rc, kept quiet a meeting, help out at ndp decoration which is rather dangerous as need to climb out onto the ledge to tie the triangle flags, buy block parties tickets. he suffer in silence for 1.5year but once his kid got into the school, he MIA from rc activities.

RUN completed his national service + MR + conduct excellent.
Shouldn't this be more significant than participation in grassroot activities?

Priorities should be given to ALL children of sg father or sg grandfathers (because sg mum didn't marry sg man) who served national service, not naturalized.
PR can go international school or leftovers in Phase 3.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

RUN completed his national service + MR + conduct excellent.
Shouldn't this be more significant than participation in grassroot activities?

Priorities should be given to ALL children of sg father or sg grandfathers (because sg mum didn't marry sg man) who served national service, not naturalized.
PR can go international school or leftovers in Phase 3.

i totally agree as i too completed my NS and ICTs without deferments.

as far as i am concern, kids not from the seeds of a spore man can only choose from leftover.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

Primary 1 registration to start July 3
http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/primary-1-registration-to/1178398.html

This is also the first time MOE will open the Primary One Internet System (P1-IS) to all primary schools for parents to register online during Phase 2C and 2C Supplementary. Both parents are required to use their SingPass for online registration.

P1-IS is accessible 24 hours during the following periods: Starting from 9am on July 29 to 4.30pm on July 31 for Phase 2C, and starting from 9am on Aug 10 to 4.30pm on Aug 12 for Phase 2C Supplementary.

GoldenDragon please take note :p

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

We MUST give absolute priority for sg students whose father or grandfather served national service (in the event, mother married a foreigner) in P1 enrolment. Isn't national service a good gauge of true volunteerism and contribution to nation-building?

Many new-citizens and PRs are not going to stay here for good. There are so many new-immigrants and foreigners in our top govt primary schools now. Why should someone who has no stake in this country enjoy the same priority as true locals? They can always join international schools or tier-2 primary schools.

We also actively grants free education and lodging to lots of china secondary school students every year too. when they are here, our local schools will form special tuition class for them to learn english and humanities subjects in secondary school. Why aint the same efforts channelled into our weaker students?

In JC, we recruit scores of ASEAN scholars, and many of them get the free A-levels education here and happily apply for scholarships in US, UK and Aust universities. No choice, then they stay in local unis.

Our country is sick. What's wrong with grooming our own children?
Give ourselves a chance.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

We MUST give absolute priority for sg students whose father or grandfather served national service (in the event, mother married a foreigner) in P1 enrolment. Isn't national service a good gauge of true volunteerism and contribution to nation-building?

Many new-citizens and PRs are not going to stay here for good. There are so many new-immigrants and foreigners in our top govt primary schools now. Why should someone who has no stake in this country enjoy the same priority as true locals? They can always join international schools or tier-2 primary schools.

We also actively grants free education and lodging to lots of china secondary school students every year too. when they are here, our local schools will form special tuition class for them to learn english and humanities subjects in secondary school. Why aint the same efforts channelled into our weaker students?

In JC, we recruit scores of ASEAN scholars, and many of them get the free A-levels education here and happily apply for scholarships in US, UK and Aust universities. No choice, then they stay in local unis.

Give ourselves a chance.

Our country is not sick.
Party Against People is sick.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

Our country is not sick.
Party Against People is sick.

brother, actually i am very tired. dunno what to do for my kids

Really no future in sg slavery. But, they are below 21, if i send them overseas for a foreign PR and citizenship, wifey got to join them, while i stay back n take care of elders. I love my kids, why they grow up so fast, i didn't even spend enough time with them and they grow up so fast. Now, my super duper investment foresight tells mi that i should let them go.

life has killed the dream i dreamed....

[video=youtube;aZh4eWWH5mk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZh4eWWH5mk[/video]

Last edited:

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

brother, actually i am very tired. dunno what to do for my kids

Really no future in sg slavery. But, they are below 21, if i send them overseas for a foreign PR and citizenship, wifey got to join them, while i stay back n take care of elders. I love my kids, why they grow up so fast, i didn't even spend enough time with them and they grow up so fast. Now, my super duper investment foresight tells mi that i should let them go.

life has killed the dream i dreamed....

[video=youtube;aZh4eWWH5mk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZh4eWWH5mk[/video]

Run, my personal experience is sg is a place good to make money and cheaper than aust to live (aust cheaper to live if one lives a cheapskate life with little outside entertainment and spendings). Not sure if that's the same for other ang moh countries.

I feel that sg govt invests more in education than aust's and environment is less complicated (aust schools have gangs and very bad bullying issues especially in some public schools). However, kids growing up here may be more streetwise than those in sg. Sg kids should have better literacy rate.

Living here makes me feel that if I had kids, I would let them study in sg at least till A levels or poly then decide again to go or stay. Then again I am not far sighted to plan if they were boys how I want to plan for them to siam NS.

I was lucky I am older, I studied in a time where my secondary school only had a few ASEAN scholars in the top classes. No an tiongs or nehs from india or pinoys, etc. When I gave tuition years later to a raffles student, she told me no matter how hard she studied she could not get better results than the tiongbu in class. I felt sorry for her.

Sg should allow dual citizenships not just quietly for the elites who keep sabotaging sinkies because they have citizenships of other countries. Sinkies should have a choice to live a more humane life one decides for oneself and one's family. Why trap disgruntled souls instead of learning from those countries that cannot provide its people a better life to let them go and seek opportunities for themselves and be happier? Why be so petty and spiteful to force ordinary sinkies to make a choice between cutting off ties with one's home or staying trapped?

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset

i totally agree as i too completed my NS and ICTs without deferments.

NS is a privilege. We should not expect any benefits for performing National Service to the best of our ability.

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal

NS is a privilege. We should not expect any benefits for performing National Service to the best of our ability.

You are a fucking dinosaur. But very contemporary in the sense that money comes before honor. Been there done that. Vice and now gambling. And you want to fart patriotism.

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

Run, my personal experience is sg is a place good to make money and cheaper than aust to live (aust cheaper to live if one lives a cheapskate life with little outside entertainment and spendings). Not sure if that's the same for other ang moh countries.

I feel that sg govt invests more in education than aust's and environment is less complicated (aust schools have gangs and very bad bullying issues especially in some public schools). However, kids growing up here may be more streetwise than those in sg. Sg kids should have better literacy rate.

Living here makes me feel that if I had kids, I would let them study in sg at least till A levels or poly then decide again to go or stay. Then again I am not far sighted to plan if they were boys how I want to plan for them to siam NS.

I was lucky I am older, I studied in a time where my secondary school only had a few ASEAN scholars in the top classes. No an tiongs or nehs from india or pinoys, etc. When I gave tuition years later to a raffles student, she told me no matter how hard she studied she could not get better results than the tiongbu in class. I felt sorry for her.

Sg should allow dual citizenships not just quietly for the elites who keep sabotaging sinkies because they have citizenships of other countries. Sinkies should have a choice to live a more humane life one decides for oneself and one's family. Why trap disgruntled souls instead of learning from those countries that cannot provide its people a better life to let them go and seek opportunities for themselves and be happier? Why be so petty and spiteful to force ordinary sinkies to make a choice between cutting off ties with one's home or staying trapped?

Thank you brother, you so nice, share with me your thoughts.
I tell people RUNifyouhaveto.
Letting my own kids RUNiftheyhaveto = lonely for the rest of my life.

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

But long-time grassroots leaders say it is not uncommon to see a surge in the number of people who apply to be community leaders a year before their child is due to register for Primary 1................ "When you have a popular school within the constituency, volunteers will come to you. You don't have to look for them."
http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/stricter-primary-1-priority-rules-grassroots-workers

That is a humiliating remark to the parents involved. They are forced to do so because of the system.
Very shiok to see parents begging you to let them be volunteers right?
WHY NOT SCRAP ALL THE SPECIAL CONCESSIONS for Phase 2B community volunteers?

10419024_722498404478161_475533590106970326_n.jpg

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

True, grassroots activities are the most undesired and skindeep form of volunteerism in our society, yet they are granting P1 places as if other volunteers are a lower-class.

When RUN was young, he came across cheebye RC volunteers people who go around boasting their RC connections n behave like bullies in his grandfather's hawker centre. (usually kopi stallholders). These people can be sterotyped as hungry ghosts who are just volunteering for various goodies.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

Wait a minute. Are we saying that Singapore (schools) don't need $$$?

Nope. I understand these schools are handing donation cards to students annually.
In banking context, every teacher is like a bank RM with revenue points to meet.

The ongoing market rate is min. $1000 per card. Some parents give $2000 each time. Just imagine a teacher's mood for not meeting the target if a few kids come back with only $50 donation in a card.

So, for 1000 students x $1000 per card, each donation drive brings in nearly a million dola. Cool! Why would they be interested in your $20k donation for P1 enrolment? This is like a company rights-issue man. LOL, just that the company issues right annually.

$1,000 per card? I might as well buy a new iPad w the money

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Give ourselves a chance.

60%: My lumber 1 ego feels shiok being able to bestow 'grace' on foreigners cannot ah?

40%: Cos you are you are contented with just a bowl of coolie rice to eat!

60%: Talking to you sia suay me. Mai gar lee gong liao! *chey*

40%: *shake head*

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

Parents hoping to clinch a spot for their six-year-olds in three of the most popular primary schools here may need to face a ballot next week, at an earlier stage of the Primary 1 registration exercise than in previous years.
http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...ools-could-hold-ballot-earlier-stage-20140709

More than 80 parents lined up outside Mee Toh School in Punggol yesterday morning to get a better chance at landing a coveted spot for their child. The Straits Times understands that Mee Toh had about 50 volunteer places up for grabs for parents whose children are starting Primary 1 in 2017
ST_20140708_AMQUEUE08A_473941e.jpg

http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...queue-volunteer-slots-mee-toh-school-20140708

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal

So bro RUN,
You going to send your kids to branded primary school too?

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal

So bro RUN,
You going to send your kids to branded primary school too?

Kids already schooling in tier-2 schools, luckily not tier-3. A few years ago, I purposely avoided Tier-1 schools, u believe?
Now thinking of sending them for overseas residency, but they under 18 = need guardian = wifey got to go also.
then mi alone here to take care of elders.

- There are tier-1 schools; the most popular local primary schools.

- The good neighbourhood schools are considered Tier-2. Really, if your child is good, please be assured that they will still be groomed into potential future scholars in elite classes within the school. If your child is weak, the school has also a good system in place to help them too.

- In every zone/region, there is a always a school that is like a retirement village. The principal is either slack, condemned or spending more time in grassroots activities and >50% of the teachers are busy giving tuitions outside their school time or near-retirement. Very often not 100% of students homeworks are marked. Everyday, teachers spend 30% of the time scolding students who don't turn in homework and the good teachers in such environments ended up being distracted with involvement of the students' family problems.

By RUN's age, some of his friends are HODs, level-heads, subject-heads in various schools. They told RUN firmly that it is not true that every school is a good school; try to enroll into the Tier-1 and Tier-2 schools, at least.