• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Pastor Misused Funds for Wife, Court Told

oldjunkee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore Pastor Misused Funds for Wife, Court Told
By Andrea Tan - May 15, 2013 3:21 PM GMT+0300

Singapore’s City Harvest Church founder Kong Hee conspired with five others to misuse S$50.6 million ($41 million) of the church’s funds to promote his wife’s music career, a prosecutor said at the start of a trial.

Kong and the others devised sham bond investments to embezzle S$24 million, money meant for a new church building, using most of it to finance Ho Yeow Sun’s pop singing work, prosecutor Mavis Chionh said today in a Singapore subordinate court. Ho isn’t charged with any offence.

“The evidence will show that the offenses were part of a deliberately planned, meticulously coordinated and carefully executed scheme,” Chionh said.

Four of them, not including Kong, illegally used an additional S$26.6 million to try and hide the misappropriation, prosecutors say. All six pleaded not guilty. If convicted, Kong faces a jail term of as long as 20 years and a fine for each of the three counts of misappropriation.

The trial is the largest graft case involving a Singapore charity. The city’s Commissioner of Charities has proposed removing Kong as a governing board member of the church. City Harvest has said it stands by Kong and the others charged and denied allegations it was cheated of the money.

Singapore’s white-collar crime agency, the Commercial Affairs Department, and the charities’ commissioner began investigating the church in May 2010.

City Harvest had 19,819 followers in 2012, according to its website. The church, registered as a charity since 1993, had earnings of about S$72 million for the year ended Oct. 31, 2009, according to the regulator of charities.

The church in 2010 proposed to spend S$310 million for a stake in the Suntec International Convention & Exhibition Centre as well as related rent and renovation costs related to the use of that space for its services.

The criminal case is: Prosecutor v. Kong Hee. DAC023148/2012. Singapore Subordinate Courts.

Last edited:

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How fortunate a pastor's wife can be.
She already got the following:
1) nice apartment in Sillypore, America
2) luxury carS
3) wardrobe collections
4) a "cannot make it" singing career with releases of albums
5) probably a green card for herself and entire family members.
6) retirement funds readily available at her disposal

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Jailed that fucker...make use of religion to cheat money..go to hell.

This is what happen when you are not taught to be an entrepreneur or an investor to be financial independent ..these losers do not know the way to earn money.

mei mei

Alfrescian
Loyal
Weird decisions from the government.. Why is the recipient of crime proceeds being allowed to resume office in the church where the money was stolen?

Surely, any sane aspiring singer would ask the husband, where did you get the millions of dollars to finance my singing career.

The government is losing credibility in the case of Ho Yeow Sun.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Con Hee wants you to "give till your heart is broken"!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/P8AqyEPkX3A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Uploaded on Jun 4, 2010
Con Hee confuse the members by taking verses out of context.
Con Hee convince the members to give until cry and hurt.
Con Hee conned the members into focusing to the money multiplied,
ignoring the One that actually has given you everything at the cross.
At the end of the day,
it is God's Son that will be glorified.
To CHC members that idolize Con Hee,
who take all his teachings without even check the Words and its context,
well, now know that God is telling you to bring back Jesus onto your midst.

Have you watched this video, especially the end segment?

Guest what, Young Healthy Singaporeans don't like you.
You people did everything to get them to your church.
It is about numbers, growth chart, attendance increases,
that made you did unethical things, just to get them to attend CHC.

You and your kind trick us to come to church.
You and your kind con us just to make us attend CHC.
You and Con Hee are no different, using con to get more members and thus, more money.

It this cultural mandate?
Doing everything to increase the number?
Saying bad things to other christian church?
Using con tricks, lies, and comparing church music?

News for you, Con Hee followers,
we recognize your tricks, and
Singaporean hates you !!

2 Peter 2
[False Teachers and Their Destruction]
1But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2.Many will follow their shameful ways and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3.In their greed these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

THE ABC OF PROSPERITY GOSPEL

Sound familar ..

"A" -- They Ask for your money

"B" -- They Bullshit you with misinterpreted Bible verses and passages

"C" -- They con you of your money

'D' they DRUNK (intoxicate, brainwash etc) you first and proceed to "control" your brain next! (their main thrust when they start their preaching)
'E' they EYE your property and your "fat" bank account (they'll know outstanding member individuals)
'F' they 'f*u*c*k* you off if ask you them for money-help when you are down and out! (one woman tried to kill a pastor because of that!)
'G' they are GREEDY and always ask for more donations (also their thrust when preaching) and that's where JackNeo got his inspiration for his movie "Money No Enough!"

Can go on, lists not exhaustive!!
Category
Education
License
Standard YouTube License

oldjunkee

Alfrescian
Loyal
XTron Productions? Zo Simi Lan One Har?

First prosecution witness testifies in City Harvest Church leaders' trial

SINGAPORE: Prosecution's first witness in the trial of the six City Harvest Church leaders has testified in court.

Ms Lai Baoting, a former accountant at the church, told the court on Monday she reported to finance managers Serina Wee and Sharon Tan during her tenure there.

The court heard she was involved in recording entries and transactions between the church and Xtron Productions Pte Ltd.

In emails shown in court, Ms Lai would sign off as a representative of Xtron Productions even though she was not a staff there.

She explained this was because she was tasked to help handle accounts of Xtron.

The six leaders accused of committing criminal breach of trust are - president of the church's management board Kong Hee, vice-president Tan Ye Peng, board member John Lam Leng Hung, the church's investment manager Chew Eng Han and finance managers Sharon Tan Shao Yuen and Serina Wee Gek Yin.

Five of them - Kong Hee, John Lam, Chew Eng Han, Tan Ye Peng and Serina Wee - allegedly misused church buildings funds amounting to S$24 million by channelling the money into two companies, Xtron Productions and PT the First National Glassware (Firna), as bond investments.

The misappropriation allegedly took place between January 2007 and October 2008.

Then four of them - Chew Eng Han, Tan Ye Peng, Serina Wee and Sharon Tan - are said to have misappropriated some S$26 million to cover up the first sum.

The same four church leaders also face four counts of conspiracy to falsify accounts, said to have happened between April and October 2009.

The funds were allegedly used to boost the music career of Kong Hee's wife, Sun Ho.

- CNA

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Con Hee wants you to "give till your heart is broken"!

used to know chc ppl and attended a few of their gatherings but never had to give or wanted to give.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Re: XTron Productions? Zo Simi Lan One Har?

All churches misappropriate funds. The money is supposed to be for GOD but it ends up in the hands of mere mortals.

Why is city harvest church singled out for prosecution?

And what about increasing GST to help the poor? Where did the additional 2% end up?

oldjunkee

Alfrescian
Loyal
i know what so many hate kong hee fatt choi!

because he's got a super hot wife...:biggrin:

27969015e.jpg

Last edited:

oldjunkee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: i know what so many hate kong hee fatt choi!

singapore_sun_ho.jpg

Ho is not on trial but turned up in court Wednesday dressed in a black leather jacket, skinny pants, stiletto boots and sporting streaky blonde hair and grey contact lenses.

oldjunkee

Alfrescian
Loyal

The prosecution’s opening statement ridiculed the contention of church leaders that pop music was a tool of evangelism that would help spread God’s message. It said Ho recorded and launched secular music albums to influence people “who would never choose to step foot into a church to listen to a preacher.”

Obviously the prosecution hasn't heard about this..

[video=youtube;zlA5IDnpGhc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlA5IDnpGhc[/video]

oldjunkee

Alfrescian
Loyal

How could there be mismanagement if the beneficiaries are freed from wrong doings? Sun Ho is really attracting secular people to church through her projects funded by the CHC? Whether is it working is all a completely different story? The primary intentions of all donation to church is to futher God's kingdom!!! If it doesn't work should they be punished?

The prosecution’s opening statement ridiculed the contention of church leaders that pop music was a tool of evangelism that would help spread God’s message. It said Ho recorded and launched secular music albums to influence people “who would never choose to step foot into a church to listen to a preacher.”

Investments by the church in two companies, Xtron Productions and Firna, were in substance fake transactions that were orchestrated by the accused who were all involved in the planning and financing of Ho’s music career, according to prosecutors.

State media reported that S$24 million (HK$149.93 million) was channelled through Xtron and Firna and another S$26 million was misappropriated to cover up the initial sum.

Singapore’s media have painted Ho, who is in her early 40s, as an aspiring superstar who hoped for international fame to help spread her church’s influence. She collaborated on a song and raunchy music video ‘China Wine’ with rapper Wyclef Jean in 2007 and attended the 46th annual Grammy Awards ceremony in 2004. But accusations of impropriety and public disdain have since rained down on Ho, her ambitions and the church.

Ho was reinstated as executive director of City Harvest Church on Monday by the Commissioner of Charities after a review found she had not contributed to mismanagement of the church.

Last edited:

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Weird decisions from the government.. Why is the recipient of crime proceeds being allowed to resume office in the church where the money was stolen?

Surely, any sane aspiring singer would ask the husband, where did you get the millions of dollars to finance my singing career.

How can the government lose credibility when they do not have credibility in the first place.
And what about the government?

Pocketing the money of SIngaporeans like there is no fucking tomorrow
800++ billions of our money fucked into smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY Stinkapore sovereign funds

With billions more screwed and fucked from us every fucking day

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

The answer to this thread lies in this video

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vaTNbL1wVHU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tiffany If Love Is Blind Lyrics
Send "If Love Is Blind" Ringtone to your Cell
Songwriters: TIM JAMES AURINGER/ STEVEN MCCLINTOCK
People say that you're no good for me
People say it constantly
I hear it said so much I repeat it in my sleep

Maybe I am just a fool for you
Maybe you're no angel too
But all that talk is cheap
When I'm alone with you

If love is blind
I'll find my way with you
Cause I can't see myself
Not in love with you
If love is blind

All the world is crazy anyway
What's it matter what they say
If I'm the one that's wrong
Then let in be my mistake

If love is blind
Cause I can't see myself
I'm not in love with you
If love is blind

You wouldn't be with me tonight if I didn't feel I was right
What will it matter anyhow a hundred years from now

If love is blind
Cause I can't see myself
I'm not in love with you
If love is blind

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Grey contact lens, skinny pants? The lord god and his mysterious ways.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

can i be sued or arrested for laughing out loud.....???????

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal

How could there be mismanagement if the beneficiaries are freed from wrong doings? Sun Ho is really attracting secular people to church through her projects funded by the CHC? Whether is it working is all a completely different story? The primary intentions of all donation to church is to futher God's kingdom!!! If it doesn't work should they be punished?

Investments by the church in two companies, Xtron Productions and Firna, were in substance fake transactions that were orchestrated by the accused who were all involved in the planning and financing of Ho’s music career, according to prosecutors.

State media reported that S$24 million (HK$149.93 million) was channelled through Xtron and Firna and another S$26 million was misappropriated to cover up the initial sum.

Singapore’s media have painted Ho, who is in her early 40s, as an aspiring superstar who hoped for international fame to help spread her church’s influence. She collaborated on a song and raunchy music video ‘China Wine’ with rapper Wyclef Jean in 2007 and attended the 46th annual Grammy Awards ceremony in 2004. But accusations of impropriety and public disdain have since rained down on Ho, her ambitions and the church.

Ho was reinstated as executive director of City Harvest Church on Monday by the Commissioner of Charities after a review found she had not contributed to mismanagement of the church.

Misguided Pastor and misleading their own gullible sheep !