• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singanews - Reporting "Mainstream Value"

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is the TNP article about the up and coming Singanews. Read and make your own judgement. I've made mine and dun think I like those poeple behind the news portal.

TNP12Sept09.jpg

Last edited:

FamilyMan

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is wrong? They are ex-reporters with mainstream media and they just happen to be mainly Christians. Good that they make sure what your children read is good and clean. The children will be guided by good Christians moral values.

ThePlen

Alfrescian
Loyal
so much funds, it feels like a big business. first they wanted to take over AWARE. now they wanna take over Straits Times.

i cant decide which is worse

@rmadill0

Alfrescian
Loyal
If they are so keen on procreation, why dun they just use the funding to set up some funds to subsidize couples who have problem procreating on their medical treatment?

Get so many ex-editors, journalists together to start this news portal to voice "mainstream values"? Incredible.

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
so much funds, it feels like a big business. first they wanted to take over AWARE. now they wanna take over Straits Times.

i cant decide which is worse

the worse is being an anti-christ...confirmed one way ticket to hell. :biggrin:

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
a true christian cannot be secular..

if he tries to be one, God may ask him if he loves Him..3 times..

if you want to be secular, stop going to church.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
They still don't get it. All they have to so is state that they are christian site but will attempt to be neutral and fair. Embarrasing when checks show that 40% of the investment company that the joker is from is owned by the same chruch that tried the first deception.

This is the TNP article about the up and coming Singanews. Read and make your own judgement. I've made mine and dun think I like those poeple behind the news portal.

TNP12Sept09.jpg

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

Obviously the jokers behind the original AWARE fiasco basically decided that there was nothing wrong with what they did, however instead of taking over the TOC, they decided to put serious money into setting up their own on line and off line news paper promoting main stream values.

Incorrect perceptions, incorrect viewpoints, its not that our basic positions and beliefs are inherently contradictory , its the fault of THE LIBERAL MSM and the evil TOC. Solution Invest 100k for an online and off line newsletter.

They will create a newspaper, they will try to sell that newspaper to other churches. How much they will piss of other churches ? Only time and the editorial content will tell. They will use free labor from COOS to sell the paper :_))....Hey the Church/ backers has to make some money from its investment. ? How much will it features the writings of COOS ?

What happens when other lines are crossed, sex education divorce, or more space for gay events ? How or what will the position at Singanews be and if it is published will the government stand by and let its criticisms go unchallenged ? Will they take sides on issues such as the Sedition idiots ?

I can't understand their sensitivity to be described as Christians or for that matter Christian inspired main stream values or Christian Values. I would challenge them to get Malays and Muslims, Budhhist, Hindus on board their editorial team. If their values are as mainstream as claimed they should have not problem in attracting other religions :_))

Locke

JinGanKor

Alfrescian
Loyal

this is just like a magic stone seller telling a 4th stage cancer patient, "if you believe my stone will work, you have a chance no matter how low the %, how stupid you will be. But if you dont, you will be dead for sure."

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is just like a magic stone seller telling a 4th stage cancer patient, "if you believe my stone will work, you have a chance no matter how low the %, how stupid you will be. But if you dont, you will be dead for sure."

That's a very good example to show the foolishness.

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal

Boss: what is your religion?

Worker: Christian.

Boss: that's good.

Worker: How'bout u boss?

Boss: I go to church every sunday, and mosque every friday, i say my grace before any food and i go to the temple to pray every 1st and 15th of the month and eat no meat.

Worker: why do you have so many religions?

Boss: This is just like buying insurance, at least i am well-covered after i die.

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
being childless is not a sin...

if you want a child ask God...

Stop asking God for things like a spoiled brat. God can't do much if people dun fuck enough for this case. God have no control over human's own willingness to do things. It seems that this God, dun have much control over a few things.

He can give you life but cannot manage to give money. Instead you have to give him.
He cannot help you unless you help yourself.
He have problem understanding english, therefore if you want your prayer to be understood better, speak in "tongue".

Anyone else got anything to add?

Last edited:

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
This too is the part that I don't get. I am getting the impression that they seldom go beyond their group in terms of interaction that they have no reading of the ground - everyone not in the church is a potential enemy, everyone not embracing their form of christianity is also a threat.

Here is the irony;
1) The bulk of Singaporeans are relatively conservative that they are pro-family personified.
2) The Govt has made it clear that they will not budge on the gay issue because of conservative readings of the ground
3) Christianity is no longer dogmatic and more fluid in terms of interacting with others

Thus it is not uphill task. They will be preaching to the firm believers in the main.

They seem to misread the situation. People became upset with Josie and the pussycats because of the deceptive behaviour, blatant mispresentation and lying in the face of overwhelming evidence. Nothing to do with being anti pro-family. Only Thio was truthful enough but that too was after she was caught out with hard evidence.

Now this is round 2 of deception and misleading conduct. Its seems to be penchant for this church. What is wrong with a Christian outfit, launching an online newsblog to push the pro family agenda. If the articles are fair and well argued, it will be accepted. I will only raise an eyebrow if their blog is aimed at female mudwrestling.

Am I missing something or have the Majority of Singapore tossed the concept of a family comprising union of man and woman and the procreation of young ones into the rubbish heap.

Bhaskkaran Nair should be flogged with horsetail whip for allowing this to deteriorate into another comedy despite his long years in PR. 40% of the investment vehicle is funded by the church and that too was found out by others. Thats material misrepresentation and in the commercial world, its a criminal act when you claim to be disclosing material facts.

I can't understand their sensitivity to be described as Christians or for that matter Christian inspired main stream values or Christian Values. I would challenge them to get Malays and Muslims, Budhhist, Hindus on board their editorial team. If their values are as mainstream as claimed they should have not problem in attracting other religions :_))
Locke

MarrickG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Found out more about Atria (The group that organised the event):

ATRIA (Apologetics Through Rich Internet Applications) is a New Media Group (NMG) project for 2008 that focuses on empowering Christian bloggers and New Media publishers in life2life witness through offering a customized and complementary suite of Rich Internet Applications (RIA) for various forms of e-vangelism. RIAs, and more popularly widgets, are changing the way information is accessed on the Internet, from centralised repository (i.e. fixed URL and domain) to decentralised and distributed access (e.g. blog-hosted widgets and feeds).

Evangelical apologetics focuses on presenting biblical realities evident in life is a reasoned explanation, and involves a researched defence of biblical truth. ATRIA widgets will invite an exploration of the foundations of faith that touch on areas as diverse as archaelogy, astronomy, biblical prophecy, spiritual experience and Christian lifestyle.

ATRIAStructure-full;init:.jpg

http://www.nmg.sc-a.googlepages.com/atria

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
mainstream secular views? very easy to test, we just keep sending articles on evolution and no god to them. see how they react.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The prevailing view of the value of the majority. It need not be right, correct, morally or ethically right but in the main in a successful country, it usually is right and ethically correct.

Acceptance that it is indeed mainstrean value is a different matter all together.

The term "Values" is now a politically correct code word to impose one's view of religious belief on others. Its the only way in a secular society to introduce the word of god no matter what the region is.

The word "Values" seldom carries intensity in a commercial, legal or even in normal social discourse. The term "right" and "wrong" is more appropriately used.

If you have a discussion with religious zealots whether Christian.Muslim, Jew etc, they will avoid the words "right" and "wrong". They will always couch it terms of "values".

What is Mainstream value? Another Win/Win situation or Capitalism media.