• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Should SDP be happy with this exceptional verdict?

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I guess not able to read properly has become LaMei's trade mark. :wink:

I have already put up two options. :wink: So you think SDP's reply is reasonable or good? Use your brain, that's my point. I am not here to teach you how to write and think... but just amused about how empty it is between your ears. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

by gms standard;

posting links from SDP website = SDP spokeperson???

Ex-colleague's personal opinion (very potential SDP's & NSP's candidate) = SDP's opinion???

Makapaa = spokesperson for ST, TOC, SDP, WP, etc & etc????

Thread name : Should SDP be happy with this exceptional verdict?

My reply : read SDP's article by CSJ : Judge's decision: Nothing to be elated about, nothing to despair

Fancy a moron trying to teach me how to think and write..sheesh..

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Wah I tot you all opposition arg ka leow with one another...

still got time to screw each other on small trivial matters like this?

like that Spore where got hope?

Dear TeeKee,

Lamei claims that she is not SDP member, thus, technically speaking, she is not "opposition member". I have no problem with other opposition members. Well, maybe she will be the first exception.

Goh Meng Seng

LaMei

Alfrescian
Loyal
I guess not able to read properly has become LaMei's trade mark. :wink:

I have already put up two options. :wink: So you think SDP's reply is reasonable or good? Use your brain, that's my point. I am not here to teach you how to write and think... but just amused about how empty it is between your ears. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

I am pointing to you and the readers in this thread SDP's response. By doing so, it does not mean I have to share my opinion if their response is reasonable or good..

I am too amused by how empty it is between your legs when you are in SG, only to find them back in HKG..

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
I am pointing to you and the readers in this thread SDP's response. By doing so, it does not mean I have to share my opinion if their response is reasonable or good..

I am too amused by how empty it is between your legs when you are in SG, only to find them back in HKG..

HAHA. Seems that you have more things down there than your head. :wink:

Goh Meng Seng

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear TeeKee,

Lamei claims that she is not SDP member, thus, technically speaking, she is not "opposition member". I have no problem with other opposition members. Well, maybe she will be the first exception.

Goh Meng Seng

Uncle Yap also not SDP....why so many non SDP people want to hang out with SDP, but don't want to be included in SDP? :biggrin:

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Uncle Yap also not SDP....why so many non SDP people want to hang out with SDP, but don't want to be included in SDP? :biggrin:

Don't ask me, ask them. You can have a non-SDP member doing SDP National Message broadcasting for them. I can understand if they are only involved on the supporting side but to go on to "representing" them in Public broadcast?

That is why I say, I don't know whether Lamei now is SDP spokeswoman in Sammyboy or not because she was SDP spokeswoman in their National Day Message broadcasting. But she took offence. LOLX!

Goh Meng Seng

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

BTW, just to make it on record. I have both the brain and balls, proven in whatever I did in the past. Technically speaking, you have none.

That is beside the point. Neverthless, the only difference between you and me is that I don't go around banging my balls and my brain against the wall. It is not about going to jail or being fined. It is about preserving strength to fight the electoral battle upfront and not wasting energy being worn down by lawsuits after lawsuits. I thought I have made it clear in one of those unfortunate time that I have tea with your group of people.

And indeed, you and others have been experiencing exactly what I have predicted back then. i.e. PAP government will wear you down with lawsuits, drain your resources, both financial, time and energy. Uncle Yap could afford to "play" with PAP adminstration but I could not. I don't think you could afford but that's your business. I don't think some of your ging gang could afford too, but they chose their paths, retracting subtly in self-preservation, so be it. That is the right move, nothing to be shameful about.

I have reiterated again and again that you are empty between the ears with all justifications. You thought it is an act of "heroism" to bang walls and balls altogether but if you really read history, especially military history, all great generals know when to siam from the enemy's attack if they are stronger upfront while taking advantage on the flanks when it is weaker. Avoiding direct clash when you are totally outnumbered in terms of men, armory and resources. It will always be the best option unless you have no other choice.

Any good general will not just act on rush or just pure senseless "bravery". The aim is to win the game, not to be some senseless suicidal squad.

你以为你可以成为烈士但是可惜的是你只是个不知量力愚蠢之极的蠢蛋。

Goh Meng Seng

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perspective..

SDP has also been defending against those who accuse them of not speaking up for bread and butter issues. TBT, which is protest / campaign against the rising cost of living in SG and SDP's recent objection to the closures of wet market ( link : http://www.yoursdp.org/index.php/news/singapore/2869-sdp-opposes-closure-of-wet-markets) are but some of the examples that clearly show otherwise.

Like many ignorant S'poreans, I used to think what the hell with human rights and democracy..ever since my involvement, I begining to realise the importance of human rights and democracy, without which, we got no voice against all the unfair policies / rules..

Unlike me, many S'poreans do not have first hand experience and exposure to realise this. Hence the misconception about SDP..

I didn't say SDP did not fight for bread and butter issues - I know they did - so I'm not one of them. For that matter even Temasek is a bread and butter issue to me and SDP has been raising that issue.

I raised the point on SDP playing an NGO role because it is among the official stand on their web. They have been unapologetic to do so and I respect them for that. Agreeing or not is another matter.

Guess it's normal that when an aspect dominates, it tends to stick as labels. The issues SDP has been fighting for are b&b, but the approach and result is related to human rights. So is the news of court trials on both SDP web and MSM. Being imprisoned for championing causes is a human rights issue under universal broad definitions. It dominated to a large extent, hence perhaps the reason. Believe you will agree that the opposite stigma would apply to other parties who have fought for b&b issues with no brushes with the law to the extent that they have been accused of supporting the PAP's mode of democracy despite proposing various political systems that is different from and alot more democratic than the PAP's in their manifestoes.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Uncle Yap,

I think you have taught the local police and the AG chamber a very valuable lesson in the rule of law. They should thank you instead of thinking of embarrassing themselves and the whole legal system again by appealing against this judgement. Everyone could see that this is a FAIR Judgment. To challenge against a FAIR Judgment is the most stupid move to make.

I really admire your determination and undaunted spirit in getting things right in Singapore, although personally I do not believe this is an effective political move. All the best to you.

Goh Meng Seng

The landscape between activists and famiLEE LEEgime had been changed via the years of court room engagements yes, but it is not really represented by this verdict. From the mata-chu to court to prisons, these pioneers had paved a way very different from the past.

I had made my booking with the Changi Hotel Superintendent my last time there just few weeks ago, told them that I would MOSTLY be back there on 6.Oct.2009 (yesterday) but this time judge cancelled my booking. This had kind of altered my plans.

famiLEE LEEgime's classic stunts of kept trying to hide behind mata and judges & 154th media will not keep themselves safe any longer. This time it was the reporter from 154th media (Mr. Jeremy Au Yong) who testified truth in the court as my witness, then judge Ng ruled in our favor. :rolleyes::wink::cool:

Their matas are not going function the same as before, they will not be surrounding 4 protesters with riot gears again. :p

famiLEE LEEgime's lame cowards have to find new rat hole to hide.

I have faith that by paying little prices here we can get lots of well justiied results, far better than fighters in elsewhere could get. E.g. Malaysia; Thailand; Myanmar....

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is about preserving strength to fight the electoral battle upfront and not wasting energy being worn down by lawsuits after lawsuits.

if you really read history, especially military history, all great generals know when to siam from the enemy's attack if they are stronger upfront while taking advantage on the flanks when it is weaker. Avoiding direct clash when you are totally outnumbered in terms of men, armory and resources. It will always be the best option unless you have no other choice.

Any good general will not just act on rush or just pure senseless "bravery". The aim is to win the game, not to be some senseless suicidal squad.

Goh Meng Seng

<style></style>Gosh! I find this an incredible statement.How is that ever possible?That is to be in politics within the boundary of Peesai and yet sort of wage a guerrilla warfare against PAP ?--- as if PAP does not know where and when to nail if it wants to...Look, JBJ was bankrupted for merely waving a Police Report in a rally.And mind you JBJ died believing entry into the parliament through the electoral process and paid for it both in cash and jail terms.

All this warfare talk about preserving energy to fight another day did not take place submitting to enemy's rules in enemy's tuft....Look,I have no intention in getting between your feud.But your analogy is too far fetch to swallow.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you are mistaken. The language of their political parties is one of a political agenda and that includes the bulk of the old CEC such as Ding and company.

I have never heard a single member of the old CEC ever enter the NGO/Human rights space or talk about it except for Chee.

If you look at SDP, they tend to have 2 circles of group dynamics both with Chee in the centre. The first one is very much with coventional political players and the second is pretty much a younger group that are more idealistic and fit into the NGO/HR mould. Its the second one that one sees and they prefer call themselves activist. Chee have been disqualified has naturally gravitated to the NGO/HR mould.

All other political parties however have one circle of group dynamics no matter how disunited they are.

They and their supporters have never denied that. Based on what they have said, they do so on the basis of wanting to stand in for the nearly absent NGO role.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you are getting very petty and personal. LaMei focus and interest may not fit the conventional mould of politics as we know it but she obviously add value to SDP in the way that they prefer.

I think you should also realise that she has inadvertently and unwittingly has become a proxy and its not nice to take advantage of it and use her as her proxy as well.

BTW, just to make it on record. I have both the brain and balls, proven in whatever I did in the past. Technically speaking, you have none.

Goh Meng Seng

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
It has become very obvious who the MIWs dogs are pretending to hang out with opposition parties and in the process, destroying the parties from within.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a rule and guideline, when associated with a political party or cause for which you are looking for support, you must avoid such negative comments. Use these against those that you are keen to get rid ie. the PAP. This upsets the very people who are essentially your voters.

Singaporeans are neither ignorant nor lack the experience and exposure. If we were, we would not have accumulated wealth, bought homes, raised a family, imbued values and thought them right from wrong. The PAP has realised that and have introduced a plethora of hurdles and barriers which were not present until the late 80s. Remove those and there will be a host of opposition in parliament

We bide our time, we pick out battles and we keep things in reserves. We send out kids to 1st world countries, learn many things besides those that will build careers. Its also includes what true democracy is and what value a human life is.

Keep writing like this and SDP will bear the brunt smilar to what Yaw has done to WP. Fortunaly for WP, they have others who can draw the focus away.

By the way, a good product needs to be packaged appropriately if not it will not sell. The protest in Parliament over food prices was not packaged well. Singaporeans took it as another excuse to challenge this authoritarian and make a lot of noise similar to Gopalan style. The Bread and Butter issue might be what some of you had thought but there is not what came out at all.

In fact, the message was more towards the right to protest.

Like many ignorant S'poreans,

Unlike me, many S'poreans do not have first hand experience and exposure to realise this.

ahleebabasingaporethief

Alfrescian
Loyal
LaMei, GSM, UncleYAPPing....all give opposition a foul smell.

But if they were to stand in my GRC, I will still vote for them in next erections.

Like I said before, even if a dog were to stand against the MIW, I will vote for the dog.

But seriously, everyone should wonder if they are indeed true opposition.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
of opposition in parliament

We bide our time, we pick out battles
and we keep things in reserves.

<style></style>Now this is another oxymoronic statement.We bide our time you say?.
.How long?..It's more than 40 years now and PAP is still sitting pretty
in power.Perhaps the only political party in the world with such a record.
Why?Because of people like you.Keep on biding your time and play into
PAP's hands.What makes you think PAP is not aware of your tactics?
In fact that is exactly what they want you to do.Bide your time--
and they shift the goal post further...

Peesai do not belong to locals anymore.Keep on waiting and
you will soon hear the majority speaking--the FOREIGNERS.

Do it & DO IT NOW.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

Perception is everything in politics. The group dynamics within the party or in fact any party may be widely different but what matters at the end of the day is perception and the concentration of activities which gives rise to that perception.

The SDP website has already clearly stated in trying to thread the camel through a needle that they view Activisim and Civil disobedience as paramount with the aim of reforming the electoral system whilst that of elections is one primarily of political education.

Their actions previously with protests and arrests have been illustrative of this , though in the last two years they have made some attempt to correct that by swinging back to bread and butter issues with the "TBT' protest and appearing regularly in TP.

Locke

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think you are mistaken. The language of their political parties is one of a political agenda and that includes the bulk of the old CEC such as Ding and company.

I have never heard a single member of the old CEC ever enter the NGO/Human rights space or talk about it except for Chee.

If you look at SDP, they tend to have 2 circles of group dynamics both with Chee in the centre. The first one is very much with coventional political players and the second is pretty much a younger group that are more idealistic and fit into the NGO/HR mould. Its the second one that one sees and they prefer call themselves activist. Chee have been disqualified has naturally gravitated to the NGO/HR mould.

All other political parties however have one circle of group dynamics no matter how disunited they are.

There's no mistake. Your point is exactly mine. They have expressed the reason for NGO-like work but have not discarded newspaper sales and shaking hands with residents, especially as election draws closer. I would say that, minus not having the first cause causing the inability to run the second cause, that looks like a good strategy.

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroobal

Ahhh I see u have met the immutable and unyielding self righteousness of what passes for logic and political discourse for their old miss ah go go.

Perhaps as illustrative of the manner she thinks and the black and white way she see's the world :_))........In the old sammyboy....there was a policy debate about it was either health care insurance or welfare insurance. The PAP's policy was one of no subsidies, I believed and argued some form of co funding or at least 50/50 , she believed in well for the PAP to subsidize 100%. Suffice it to say I was called a PAP apologist for that position and to this day she could not answer why I am an Apologists if the PAP would oppose her position as strongly as mine.

She is a passionate believer but at the end of the day an empty unthinking piece of clay to be moulded by the next charismatic leader she encounters to spout or regurgitate the same rhetoric with which she was filled without thinking , without thought.

Locke