• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shall I move this forum to discourse?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Defrag yr mutherfarker cheebye FARKING troll.go give dog fark.

Troll calling others troll is you. Why so angry? Must be scared of police. Anyway any man with moustache is your father, son of a whore, your mother is the top spot in toilet. Go burn in hell.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Leongsam or any bros out there, I have been defamed as what the above message by virus stated. This is totally untrue and malicious. I am not the kind of person described. Can any of you give me a copy of the top spot in toilet for me to report to police?

For people out there who joined in and derived entertainment from this top spot of toilet smearing, I curse one day you will see the name of your mother, wife, daughter there, to experience being smeared as an indecent woman when she is not. Don't anyhow think and judge others as indecent, only your family is decent. Pui!

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The loyal sponsors like froggy and and many others who have contributed $$$$$ to help keep this place going would have to be catered for in some way.

Don't worry. Just do it and will continue to support the new platform.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i will support change ONLY IF...................

1) members get paid for good quality posts (based on certain no. of thumb up for each post)

2) reputation points can be exchanged for cash via paypal, etc etc...........

You saw how rep points drove some forummers crazy... imagine if you bring in tangible motivation like real $$$ ... I promise you this place will implode within 6 months.

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My two cents: Just do it. The veterans here will move over and adapt, as they did when we migrated here from Delphi. Lots of noise was made then, but in the end most stayed on and thought the move was for the better. (Some, like Robox, didn't come aboard because of privacy concerns.)

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
My two cents: Just do it. The veterans here will move over and adapt, as they did when we migrated here from Delphi. Lots of noise was made then, but in the end most stayed on and thought the move was for the better. (Some, like Robox, didn't come aboard because of privacy concerns.)

This move should be far less traumatic than the move from Delphi as the whole database will move too.

With the previous move the vbulletin forum started as a blank page with only one member... Me! :biggrin:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nice ... with lots of user-friendly features. :wink:

There are four ways to reply.
  1. The
    f17d7b199d59a3d396a79a0ffaa8c921c08c86ba.png
    button at the bottom of the topic. This replies to the overall topic.
  2. The
    ae654fd72f369683f4e65009dbaec6211139f790.png
    button on each individual post. This replies to that particular post / person.
  3. Highlight text with your mouse or finger in a post. You should see a
    1bbbb62b31933a05eb5480965ab1f2b39c9067fb.png
    button appear above the highlighted text. Click that, then begin. (You can do this many times to multi-quote a bunch of posts.)
  4. 610008ba7c7cf8fad9c0d1658b05b86519c62278.png
    in the right gutter. Use this when you want to go on a crazy tangent that may or may not relate to the topic at hand. No big, just create a new topic. They'll get automatically linked together.
Note that the reply panel will show you who you replying to, if anyone — their avatar will show up above your input area in the form of
50673330a629af78a74ed3bd0d3bb534f56f5e86.png

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
You saw how rep points drove some forummers crazy... imagine if you bring in tangible motivation like real $$$ ... I promise you this place will implode within 6 months.

forum more crazy will bring in more adverts..............more money for everyone............

if can...............do MLM style lagi good............members bring in more members = more advert money

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Are the categories like sub-forums here in vbulletin? Or are they tags which the TS has to assign/define?

Are tags going to feature a bigger role in Discourse? I think it is a under-utilised feature so far..

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Are the categories like sub-forums here in vbulletin? Or are they tags which the TS has to assign/define?

Are tags going to feature a bigger role in Discourse? I think it is a under-utilised feature so far..

I honestly cannot answer because my experience with discourse is a big fat zero.

All I know is that vbulletin is not suitable for the mobile era.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I honestly cannot answer because my experience with discourse is a big fat zero.

All I know is that vbulletin is not suitable for the mobile era.

ok ok... do what you have to do and let us know when it's ready . We put our trust in you like how we do in PAP

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
ok ok... do what you have to do and let us know when it's ready . We put our trust in you like how we do in PAP

Sorry but unlike the PAP, I cannot promise more good years. :p

It may be a huge flop but nothing ventured nothing gained.