• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Shall I move this forum to discourse?

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Leongsam or any bros out there, I have been defamed as what the above message by virus stated. This is totally untrue and malicious. I am not the kind of person described. Can any of you give me a copy of the top spot in toilet for me to report to police?

Defrag yr mutherfarker cheebye FARKING troll.go give dog fark.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a new discourse on intercourses is a gud recourse 4 boredom on status quo ...
Akin to menu in-between courses, intercourse :p

Thread title totally irrelevant. Sam wants to change/upgrade the forum made up his mind but still wants our feedback for what?
Political foreplay, not that his reading the pulse here will change his mind. :biggrin: He calls the shots anyways

OrLanChowHorFun

Alfrescian
Loyal
no need to change lah.................not as if the forum attracting new and young members what.............remove the clones and I'm sure less than 50 people only.....

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
no need to change lah.................not as if the forum attracting new and young members what.............remove the clones and I'm sure less than 50 people only.....

Yes that is a problem. That's why I want to move to a platform which is more mobile friendly where images and videos can be easily uploaded and everything works from a mobile phone. It may give it a boost. On the other hand it may not. Only time will tell.

However I need a pledge of support from the regulars to keep the forum going after the transition. If everyone abandons the forum because of the unfamiliar format, then the forum will die.

I am hoping that they will support the move. Without their show of approval, I can't just go ahead with any changes.

This forum has never been for me. It has always been for you guys. This has been the case since day one when I created the forum for no other reason than to deposit off topic posts from the main forum.

It took on a life of its own and in the early days was the de-facto forum for those with political opinions that could not be voiced out in the mainstream media sites for fear of retribution.

With the fear factor gone it no longer serves the opposition cause but many members still enjoy the relative freedom of speech that this forum provides.

When it comes to the point where it serves no purpose and attracts no viewers, then I'll pull the plug.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes that is a problem. That's why I want to move to a platform which is more mobile friendly where images and videos can be easily uploaded and everything works from a mobile phone. It may give it a boost. On the other hand it may not. Only time will tell.

However I need a pledge of support from the regulars to keep the forum going after the transition. If everyone abandons the forum because of the unfamiliar format, then the forum will die.

I am hoping that they will support the move. Without their show of approval, I can't just go ahead with any changes.

This forum has never been for me. It has always been for you guys. This has been the case since day one when I created the forum for no other reason than to deposit off topic posts from the main forum.

It took on a life of its own and in the early days was the de-facto forum for those with political opinions that could not be voiced out in the mainstream media sites for fear of retribution.

With the fear factor gone it no longer serves the opposition cause but many members still enjoy the relative freedom of speech that this forum provides.

When it comes to the point where it serves no purpose and attracts no viewers, then I'll pull the plug.

Why don't you create a poll based on feedback here? Keep infract/rep ? New format/old formate? Messaging? etc etc.

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal

If that's REALLY the case, why did you NOT include a POLL in this thread? :confused:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
If that's REALLY the case, why did you NOT include a POLL in this thread? :confused:

Polls aren't accurate because clones will manipulate the results. I need pledges of support from the top contributors and sponsors. You know who you are.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Polls aren't accurate because clones will manipulate the results. I need pledges of support from the top contributors and sponsors. You know who you are.

If that is the case. Why not just have results from top contributors and sponsors only.
Take it that they are "investors" in this forum, hence have a "share" of a say. Even if you know for certain they are clones, it just means they have "invested" enough with their multiple clones to warrant multiple votes on. A bit like AGMs for companies.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...platform which is more mobile friendly where images and videos can be easily uploaded and everything works from a mobile phone. ...need a pledge of support from the regulars to keep the forum going...If everyone abandons the forum because of the unfamiliar format, then the forum will die...hoping that they will support the move. Without their show of approval, I can't just go ahead with any changes.
If this forum becomes irrelevant, it's demise will not be just due to format change. As the change sounds promising (even if "cosmetic"), it's unlikely to be the death knell on format alone.

And straw poll (responses) so far seems most will go with it

takashi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Polls aren't accurate because clones will manipulate the results.
I was expecting that answer, but I think it's still worth a try...

I need pledges of support from the top contributors and sponsors. You know who you are.
Personally, my favourite has always been:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invision_Power_Board
which I've always considered to be superior to vBulletin.

If you switch to Discourse, I'll probably try to adapt...
But because I only use my laptop for internet, I would prefer the status quo to continue...

By the way, I noticed Froggy has yet to reply in this thread:
http://www.sammyboy.com/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=219810
:wink:

Last edited:

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i will support change ONLY IF...................

1) members get paid for good quality posts (based on certain no. of thumb up for each post)

2) reputation points can be exchanged for cash via paypal, etc etc...........

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i will support change ONLY IF...................

1) members get paid for good quality posts (based on certain no. of thumb up for each post)

2) reputation points can be exchanged for cash via paypal, etc etc...........

this forum is not a business how is he going to pay you anything?

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you switch to Discourse, I'll probably try to adapt...
But because I only use my laptop for internet, I would prefer the status quo to continue...
By the way, I noticed Froggy has yet to reply in this thread:
http://www.sammyboy.com/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=219810 :wink:
Interesting to see how this change on lappies (as I usually access too, bad for eyesight old/new) :p

You can become Sam's pollster agent with your analysis that froggy's missing out yet. Oh well, he's in diff league.. rich sponsor here :biggrin: