• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Sg] SP Group to cut usage rate for sustainable centralised cooling system in Tengah after residents’ outcry paying for both electricity & water bills

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Supersen :​

Govt try to be eco-friendly and sustainable but backfired on the residents with high cost of chilled water.

FYI this Centralized Cooling System (CCS) needs to pay for both chilled water + electricity to run for each FCU.
Saw on telegram lots of residents are cancelling it already.

SP team attrition rates also very high especially for the sales and frontend staff.
Lack of communications between residents and SP/Daikin

aiaircon061123.jpg

The residents also asked for more clarity on the cancellation fee for those who wish to opt out of the centralised cooling system, and requested that the fee be waived entirely.
SP said that after residents sign the agreement to install the fan coil unit, pipes and cables in their flat, they can end the agreement without any penalty within 30 days.
Should residents wish to cancel their contract more than 30 days after signing the installation agreement, SP will collect 35 per cent of the installation charge from them.
The installation charge for four fan coil units, for instance, is $3,992.
But if the system has been installed, residents would have to pay the full installation fee if they want to cancel the agreement.
“Nonetheless, taking into account feedback from this early batch of customers and the initial issues encountered, as a further gesture of goodwill, SP will reduce the payment to be collected by 50 per cent in the event of cancellation,” SP said.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singap...oling-system-in-tengah-after-residents-outcry

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lack of communications between residents and SP/Daikin
The installation charge for four fan coil units, for instance, is $3,992.
Daikin, Mitsubishi, Gree, Midea all shit
Daikin is maximum shit, need to wait 4 weeks for warranty repair, imagine 4 weeks no aircon

Panasonic, LG and Toshiba better
Panasonic even cheaper than Midea these days.

Last edited:

nabeifuckpap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Daikin, Mitsubishi, Gree, Midea all shit
Daikin is maximum shit, need to wait 4 weeks for warranty repair, imagine 4 weeks no aircon

Panasonic, LG and Toshiba better
Panasonic even cheaper than Midea these days.
Mitsubishi heavy industries aircon the best, on 247 no problem only leak water if too long no service

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Th8nk 60% sinkies a
are kum lan,let it be, these chiller is like office to cut costs, in the end apply to hdb, to let gong kia subscribe it, really dumb ,get an aircon with compressor n get adjust temp, 60% sinkies ate really cb kum lan

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I heard they using water as refrigerant I thought wow if I bought ice put them in an ice box I want my whole flat cooled to 24 degrees how much ice would I need? Remember kids, there is sus in sustainability. :confused: