• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Eco Cascadia

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
ai ya, it should be "wooden door flame", not wooden floor. oh timber foor looks more solid n class.
the balcony grill is bit too high, e rest quite standard. Got time will go n see see.

yar .. the balcony rail is soo high i oso blur why likdat

is wooden door frame lar. the lockset oso they give better quality type.. the sliding door at downstair bathroom etc all look ok quality.

oh ya.. neptune and jupiter.. the master bath they also give solid vanity counter top. nice..

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
aiya no lei no wooden floor. no stainless steel balcony rail and banister, and no temper glass. i say 'cannot complain'.. i never say 'damn good'!
door is plywood type, not solid fire rated timber door. got hollow sound when tap tap.

of the 3 house, jupiter is feel very spacious. the ID is swee. but i sianz to take pikcher already almost 10pm..

Which type did you buy? Generally the specs of Aurora series are quite good.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Which type did you buy? Generally the specs of Aurora series are quite good.

mercury :smile: yup, quality of finish decent enough.
but kinda regret, should have plump up extra 60k for the neptune, design of space better on the ground floor. sighz. i like the color for mercury, though, bright and cheerful.

Last edited:

tst2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malpaso, I bought Mercury too, but am not satisfied a few details. I intent to feedback to the developer:

1. Common area at 2nd floor, to make it same level, rather to create a step in such a small area;
2. If the washing machine is located at the yard behind bedroom 4, then SP Setia has to add the water tap point and water discharge point. There is only power point can been seen at the show house;
3. The grille at master bedroom is too high, look like prison.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
mercury :smile: yup, quality of finish decent enough.
but kinda regret, should have plump up extra 60k for the neptune, design of space better on the ground floor. sighz. i like the color for mercury, though, bright and cheerful.

I think e floorplan of mercury is not that bad, at least the yard improves ventilation for e groundfloor. The dining area shd be able to serve as 2nd living room for e grandparents staying at e ground floor. The store acts as natural demarcation btw e living zones. Other things like washing machine can be placed within e kitchen. If those mickey mouse apartments in Singapore can squeeze everything into a tiny kitchen, JB houses is not a problem at all.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think e floorplan of mercury is not that bad, at least the yard improves ventilation for e groundfloor. The dining area shd be able to serve as 2nd living room for e grandparents staying at e ground floor. The store acts as natural demarcation btw e living zones. Other things like washing machine can be placed within e kitchen. If those mickey mouse apartments in Singapore can squeeze everything into a tiny kitchen, JB houses is not a problem at all.

for me it's quite fine but maybe i'm not that fussy yet. after a few houses, maybe will get more fussy :smile:
but i dislike the store room position. will go again one day to see if i can tear down the store room and replace with a 2-3 feet glass panel or something.
from the plans, that should widen the "narrow walkway" by about 5 feet.
any idea how much to tear down 2 walls, about half a ceiling height?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cant wait to get in and view my future home... :(

you bought neptune is it? layout is fine. no worries! there's no ID for neptune. but frankly if viewing house i prefer without ID, cos the pretty ID tends to mask deficiencies is the house design.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
for me it's quite fine but maybe i'm not that fussy yet. after a few houses, maybe will get more fussy :smile:
but i dislike the store room position. will go again one day to see if i can tear down the store room and replace with a 2-3 feet glass panel or something.
from the plans, that should widen the "narrow walkway" by about 5 feet.
any idea how much to tear down 2 walls, about half a ceiling height?

Tearing down is not that expensive. But do remember to get spare tiles from developer for your future renovation and be careful of the structural integrity of the staircase. I think the walkway width is decent. A glass partition with sliding door and roller blind between the kitchen and dining area will make the design much more usable. Hacking the store and leaving the slanted bottom of the staircase visible will make the design look odd. I'm quite sure you don't need so much space to enter the dining area from living area.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tearing down is not that expensive. But do remember to get spare tiles from developer for your future renovation and be careful of the structural integrity of the staircase. I think the walkway width is decent. A glass partition with sliding door and roller blind between the kitchen and dining area will make the design much more usable. Hacking the store and leaving the slanted bottom of the staircase visible will make the design look odd. I'm quite sure you don't need so much space to enter the dining area from living area.

you're right on making the bottom of the slanted staircase visible, it will spoil the look of the living room. but it's not really about the space of the walkway, rather it's the flow of space between the two areas. visually the store room bisects the whole ground floor and makes the living room appear very small.
currently have 2 ideas:
one is to open up the adjoining walkway to 10 feet by hacking away the store room. thus, from the lving room looking to the rear, one will only see the 10 feet width of bedroom 1 wall (ie ground floor bedroom), and to do some creative decorating for the space under the slanted stairwell (some lighting at that area will go some way to remove the depth field caused by the protruding slanted stair well on that corner). this will open up 10 feet of extra space and the whole rear of the kitchen sliding door (to the rear garden) will be visible from the living area.

or two: like you said, add a full height glass partition at the walkway with a tempered glass door (similar to those used at offices). I kind of like that look. the advantage of this is that it'd be easier to cool the living room with the aircon. This also creates a proper and permanent partition between the two halves of the house, and i can paint the kitchen side of the wall a bright colour (orange or yellow).

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malpaso, I bought Mercury too, but am not satisfied a few details. I intent to feedback to the developer:

1. Common area at 2nd floor, to make it same level, rather to create a step in such a small area;
2. If the washing machine is located at the yard behind bedroom 4, then SP Setia has to add the water tap point and water discharge point. There is only power point can been seen at the show house;
3. The grille at master bedroom is too high, look like prison.

hi tst2014, i will feedback too, likely in person to the sales manager. For 2 & 3, i'm confident that Setia can make the change if enough mercury owners feedback on this point as piping and cosmetic change (non structural) can be done easily. For the step at 1st floor, it may not be so easy as it involve design change to the orientation and gradient of the staircase (i suppose there are building code requirements for gradient of stairs that developers need to adhere to), and the plans might have to be resubmitted to the authorities, civil and sturctural engineers, and so on. I believe tht extra step up is a trade off to accommodate the higher ceiling of aurora house. But really, no harm trying as after all, we're the end users of the product. Good suggestion.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
you're right on making the bottom of the slanted staircase visible, it will spoil the look of the living room. but it's not really about the space of the walkway, rather it's the flow of space between the two areas. visually the store room bisects the whole ground floor and makes the living room appear very small.
currently have 2 ideas:
one is to open up the adjoining walkway to 10 feet by hacking away the store room. thus, from the lving room looking to the rear, one will only see the 10 feet width of bedroom 1 wall (ie ground floor bedroom), and to do some creative decorating for the space under the slanted stairwell (some lighting at that area will go some way to remove the depth field caused by the protruding slanted stair well on that corner). this will open up 10 feet of extra space and the whole rear of the kitchen sliding door (to the rear garden) will be visible from the living area.

or two: like you said, add a full height glass partition at the walkway with a tempered glass door (similar to those used at offices). I kind of like that look. the advantage of this is that it'd be easier to cool the living room with the aircon. This also creates a proper and permanent partition between the two halves of the house, and i can paint the kitchen side of the wall a bright colour (orange or yellow).

Try getting an ID to do a nice feature wall on that part of the living room.

Last edited:

LamCH

Alfrescian
Loyal
It seems that the only excess to the roof is thru one of the bathroom window or the car porch roof. I also notice that Jupiter's porch is much bigger than Neptune follow by Mercury. think the build in area of 2200 sq ft includes the proch. Also, the master bedroom's balcony can play majong. :biggrin:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
It seems that the only excess to the roof is thru one of the bathroom window or the car porch roof. I also notice that Jupiter's porch is much bigger than Neptune follow by Mercury. think the build in area of 2200 sq ft includes the proch. Also, the master bedroom's balcony can play majong. :biggrin:

excludes the porch.
jupiter house should be almost 50x20 feet (house alone) x 2 floors + balcony 20x10 ft == 2200 sft.

did you go see the showhouse already?

Last edited:

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
you bought neptune is it? layout is fine. no worries! there's no ID for neptune. but frankly if viewing house i prefer without ID, cos the pretty ID tends to mask deficiencies is the house design.

Mine is jupiter. Hope Setia do swee swee for us come 2016.
The Hot/Dry weather is killing our landscaping.

LamCH

Alfrescian
Loyal
excludes the porch.
jupiter house should be almost 50x20 feet (house alone) x 2 floors + balcony 20x10 ft == 2200 sft.

did you go see the showhouse already?

ya, same evening, but left after the lion dance. 1st time attended setia celebrations. very well and generous organized. will bring my whole family next time Setia organize another function.

agree with you that Neptune has a better lay out than Jupiter and Murcury.

Can anyone estimate the cost of personal lift? Just curious. :cool: My wife has some walking problem, she wants the ground floor bedroom, also, when 2016 comes, I will be 67:smile:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya, same evening, but left after the lion dance. 1st time attended setia celebrations. very well and generous organized. will bring my whole family next time Setia organize another function.

agree with you that Neptune has a better lay out than Jupiter and Murcury.

Can anyone estimate the cost of personal lift? Just curious. :cool: My wife has some walking problem, she wants the ground floor bedroom, also, when 2016 comes, I will be 67:smile:

house is too small to install lift.. i think!
Jupiter layout should be the best , followed by neptune, then mercury. basically one pays more for something better :smile: