• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Eco Cascadia

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
May not be a gd thing for maintenance to be too cheap. RM 150-200 is a more ideal range, reason being too few guards (or cheap quality types) for the compound they are supposed to patrol.

Yes, $100 RM is way too cheap and there may not be sufficient for sinking fund to pay for repairs and replacements. $200 RM to me is ideal.

kiddo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, $100 RM is way too cheap and there may not be sufficient for sinking fund to pay for repairs and replacements. $200 RM to me is ideal.

When I enquire about the houses in September, I was told that the maintenance fee would range in between RM500 - 600. I am OK with it for the luxurious landscaping and if the guards are doing good job in keeping the neighborhood safe. The pool size is somehow disappointing, the artist's impression sales video is overrated.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I enquire about the houses in September, I was told that the maintenance fee would range in between RM500 - 600. I am OK with it for the luxurious landscaping and if the guards are doing good job in keeping the neighborhood safe. The pool size is somehow disappointing, the artist's impression sales video is overrated.

$500 RM is way too expensive :eek:

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal

I gave a strong Feedback to Setia abt the pool. Like urself i dun mind the $500 maintenance if facilities is adequate.
Hope they receive enough feedback to do something about it (Enlarge).
Kp Fingers Crossed.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I gave a strong Feedback to Setia abt the pool. Like urself i dun mind the $500 maintenance if facilities is adequate.
Hope they receive enough feedback to do something about it (Enlarge).
Kp Fingers Crossed.

i forgot which type you bought already, is it neptune or jupiter? corner lot? i believe maintenance fee is based on the individual plot land size or maybe house built up size.

about the pool, i actually prefer if they keep the maintenance fee lower rather than 'upgrade' the facilities. don't think they will enlarge the pool but who knows!

btw, i noticed that recently, Setia sales staff seems to have been asked to not overpromise or overhype the projects. I noticed this in december when i went kaypoing at other projects. The sales staff have been taking great pains to moderate expectation , for eg when i was at setia eco glade the sales guy made a point to emphasize that the "water (for the ponds) will notbe blue like the sea" . Hence i believe the sales staff are careful not to give too low an estimate for the maintenance , since this estimate will be a 2016 estimate (2.5 years later). i think it will be lower than 500rm. even setia eco park only 200rm maintenance, and these are semi-dee & bungalows with major landscaping as well. also, in time to come, us residents will be taking charge of th JMB so we do have a say in future, i.e find ways to lower maintenance cost.

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal

so did you buy one? :smile:

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Malpaso mine is an end lot jupiter.
I like to swim so... Well 3yrs later see what happens.
Hope everytink will turn out smoothly.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Malpaso mine is an end lot jupiter.
I like to swim so... Well 3yrs later see what happens.
Hope everytink will turn out smoothly.

end lot== no extra land? or 10 ft extra land?
setia project should be quite smooth. just don't expect too much on the pool. :smile:

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
end lot== no extra land? or 10 ft extra land?
setia project should be quite smooth. just don't expect too much on the pool. :smile:

dun be e sad, may u get something out there....

desh.jpg

kiddo

Alfrescian
Loyal
i believe maintenance fee is based on the individual plot land size or maybe house built up size.

It is true that the residents will take over after Setia left. At that time the residents will be able to decide for themselves. But I was firmly told that the maintenance fee is the same for all units, not by square feet as done by others.
I was told by the sales staff that the sales video is overrated. I am looking forward to the show unit.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Malpaso

Yes I bought one intermediate lot Neptune. Signed the loan agreement 3 weeks ago. I actually did an official self introduction on 31st Dec but nobody welcomed me :(

guess everyone was on leave with family etc.
welcome and happy new year! belatedly. :smile:

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is true that the residents will take over after Setia left. At that time the residents will be able to decide for themselves. But I was firmly told that the maintenance fee is the same for all units, not by square feet as done by others.
I was told by the sales staff that the sales video is overrated. I am looking forward to the show unit.

setia will manage the precinct for 2-3 years then hand over to the residents committee.
seems like a lot of things still not confirmed as to how maintenance fees will be applied. i was told maintenance will be by area (either built up or land area), but the portion for the community areas (town park, waterfall, common road) will be the same for all. this was in june 2013.

Last edited:

cascadia

Alfrescian
Loyal
setia will manage the precinct for 2-3 years then hand over to the residents committee.
seems like a lot of things still not confirmed as to how maintenance fees will be applied. i was told maintenance will be by area (either built up or land area), but the portion for the community areas (town park, waterfall, common road) will be the same for all. this was in june 2013.

No, after one year residents need to form committee to manage on their own already, this is what salesperson said...

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, after one year residents need to form committee to manage on their own already, this is what salesperson said...

5 years from date of SPA, less 2-3 years of development until handover of keys, so 2+ years during after which setia will handover to JMB. this is what salesperson told me. care to share what is the timeline at your taman?

Last edited: