• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Eco Cascadia

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Those are prices without discount. After discount is 700k++. However that was in price in June, not sure now still have discount?

my salesguy emailed, actual (correct) pricing has been updated on the website. mercury price (ie. SPA price) is RM800,800, up from 767k RM previously in june. I suppose further discount applies.

Last edited:

LamCH

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks. I tried clicking on the specs to see, hoping to find marble flooring and swarovski crystal chandelier lighting, but the link couldn't work.

If you pm your email address to me I can sent a pdf of the spec to you.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you pm your email address to me I can sent a pdf of the spec to you.

no lah, FHBH was being sarcastic. he already bought 2 house, not SEC. what he meant was, after see the (too high) price of 1 M, he expect to see golden tap or the toilet bowl is made of silver.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Specs is always welcome :wink: Yeah, I couldn't believe prices for terraces N to NE of zone A is moving so fast. Either the developer becomes more generous in giving higher specs or becomes greedy and keeps the specs status quo. If it is the latter, then these areas just outside zone A should have fully closed the price gap with Nusajaya by next year.

Smallfry

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is so much fun this SEC forum. I always look forward to all your posts... so much bantering, jibing and of course the more real advice and professional contributions. Thank you neighbours. I hardly post but really really I enjoy reading your posts.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
SEC is very expensive now :*:

Iskandar is making KL properties look cheap.

not really. for landed, price to price consideration, KL is still ahead in price. I cannot find a freehold landed G&G in a nice environment in KL. minimum 1.x M above. If i wanted in KL i have to go quite far out, say beyond kajang / bandar sg long, or rawang, shah alam, klang, cyberjaya, semenyih , beyond the border of UPM, close to seremban almost. However, condos in PH / nusajaya are almost on par with KL.

But here is the rub: JB is not KL. KL is much better. My family has always been in KL, so I can make a realistic comparison.

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
not really. for landed, price to price consideration, KL is still ahead in price. I cannot find a freehold landed G&G in a nice environment in KL. minimum 1.x M above. If i wanted in KL i have to go quite far out, say beyond kajang / bandar sg long, or rawang, shah alam, klang, cyberjaya, semenyih , beyond the border of UPM, close to seremban almost. However, condos in PH / nusajaya are almost on par with KL.

But here is the rub: JB is not KL. KL is much better. My family has always been in KL, so I can make a realistic comparison.

I was referring to the places you named. I think Cahaya SPK, Bandar Bestari and several others at the outskirts are very nice.

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just came back to SG and last Saturday, I went over to SEC cos' friends wants to submit his docs to the bank and saw the "manifying" Aurora Models (different from the previous minature) even the car also BIG. Small units with big model! Impressive!

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was referring to the places you named. I think Cahaya SPK, Bandar Bestari and several others at the outskirts are very nice.

toooo faaar out from kl lah boss. i was looking at damansara, desa park city, sunway spk, tropicana, mutiara damansara, TTDI, bandar utama, hartamas, mont kiara that side. ok lah, i'm biased cos of where my foilks are staying. for eg i don't like puchong or cheras. and even then, now shah alam , cyberjaya also no longer cheap.

Last edited:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yup for sure, KL is much better than JB. But JB has a key advantage of being able to leverage on Singapore's amenities and vibrant nightlife/retail sector, not to mention being able to manage the rentals of your SG properties more easily.

I was at Sentosa Cove and it's just so sydney/melbourne styled coastal living. Singapore's amenities/retail, together with JB's landed properties, offers both depth and breadth in living quality for the middle-class family, which imho surpass KL. The only snag is the jam which can be solved once RTS is up.....

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
toooo faaar out from kl lah boss. i was looking at damansara, desa park city, sunway spk, tropicana, mutiara damansara, TTDI, bandar utama, hartamas, mont kiara that side. ok lah, i'm biased cos of where my foilks are staying. for eg i don't like puchong or cheras. and even then, now shah alam , cyberjaya also no longer cheap.

KL is a place to be gunned down easily. Too many hired killers there.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup for sure, KL is much better than JB. But JB has a key advantage of being able to leverage on Singapore's amenities and vibrant nightlife/retail sector, not to mention being able to manage the rentals of your SG properties more easily.

I was at Sentosa Cove and it's just so sydney/melbourne styled coastal living. Singapore's amenities/retail, together with JB's landed properties, offers both depth and breadth in living quality for the middle-class family, which imho surpass KL. The only snag is the jam which can be solved once RTS is up.....

i hope you're right cos that is a bet that i obviously just made 2 months ago. my relatives cited the same reasons as you gave when i mentioned to them about my purchase recently.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
If u offend anyone, ur life will only be worth $2-3k SGD. My friends have been robbed there, so I think JB is safer.