• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Eco Cascadia

LamCH

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is foreigner allow to set up FD?
Mr. Gan has open a DCI n saving acc for me. So I think it is ok for foreigner to hv acc there. I hv also open a FD acc in maybank. Since I am planning to retire there might as well have some funds there n they are paying 3.15%. Maybank promo till Jul 15 - 3.50%. :cool: can make some extra for renvo in 3 yrs time.c Sg bank pay 1.2% only.
Most branch bank officers don,t know much about loans requirements, they have to refer to K.L. Hq.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is foreigner allow to set up FD?
Mr. Gan has open a DCI n saving acc for me. So I think it is ok for foreigner to hv acc there. I hv also open a FD acc in maybank. Since I am planning to retire there might as well have some funds there n they are paying 3.15%. Maybank promo till Jul 15 - 3.50%. :cool: can make some extra for renvo in 3 yrs time.c Sg bank pay 1.2% only.
Most branch bank officers don,t know much about loans requirements, they have to refer to K.L. Hq.

do take note that a weakening of the MYR to 2.548 (from the current rate of say 2.45) to the SGD will wipe out your 3.5% FD return. FYI, in case you didn't do the math. :smile:

Last edited:

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought Jupiter end lot, there were only 2or3 units left(endlot) when I book.
The currency transfer is call DCI (dual currency investment). U TT in yr s$. n u can book a sport rate for 1 week or any period you want. If the rate hit, you get the exchange, if not, you get back your s$ plus interest, more than FD rate. So far, just TT my s$ in n hope to get 2.5 myr. Mim 100k per deal.
congrats, lam , for your purchase. we will be in the same gated compound!

thank you so much for the info. i have heard a bit about this, now is much clearer to me. btw, i think it is called "spot" rate. i also heard the interest rate can be 6%, very good! if you don't hit. may i know, this 6% interest, is paid in SGD or MYR? and is payable based on the period you specified (ie 1 week)? And the min 100k deal is in SGD or MYR? Thanks.

Last edited:

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regarding the DCI , If the SGD don't get to convert at strike price so you will get the principal plus interest in SGD, so if that the case can you withdraw the SGD out in Malaysia bank?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
do take note that a weakening of the MYR to 2.548
If the myr drop to 2.548, it will be better for me, that means my s$1.00 will get me myr 2.548. Correct me if I am wrong. Btw the 3.15% is for fd in myr. I am thinking as a malaysian already, lol:smile:

haha. good for you. i'm amazed that a lot of singaporeans want to retire in jb, but i guess it make sense financially and also the space. what i meant was, if you transfer your 100k over now and FD 3.5%, but 3 years later (when your house is ready) if the xchange rate has rise to 2.55RM/sgd, then it would mean that your FD didn't make money for you. that's all. who can predict how is the rate in future.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Regarding the DCI , If the SGD don't get to convert at strike price so you will get the principal plus interest in SGD, so if that the case can you withdraw the SGD out in Malaysia bank?

hey i wonder, can i put a very high strike rate, say 2.6. confirm won't hit, so the bank keep paying me 6% on my SGD deposit??

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey i wonder, can i put a very high strike rate, say 2.6. confirm won't hit, so the bank keep paying me 6% on my SGD deposit??

Higher strike price mean lower interest plus there is a time line and min. RM amount equilavent to establised the contract.

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just add on, if not strike, the SGD will then be transfer to normal account. Then the question come in whether we can withdrawl S$ in malaysia? Some bank will strongly encourage you to convert to RM at their buying rate....super low ...which is disadvantage for us..or establish another contract. Hence not sure whether CIMB allow S$ withdrawal?

LamCH

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well, the DCI is meant for Malaysian, so, think in their sense, the proceed is for use in Malaysia. The question of withdraw s$, did not cross my mind, as I will be using the funds transferred to be use there. Also, I will keep bulk of my funds in Sg. For me, the DCI is just to get my Sg$ to myr at a better rate to pay for the house and expanses, not as a investment. The investment part is the myr FD.

LamCH

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha. good for you. i'm amazed that a lot of singaporeans want to retire in jb, but i guess it make sense financially and also the space. what i meant was, if you transfer your 100k over now and FD 3.5%, but 3 years later (when your house is ready) if the xchange rate has rise to 2.55RM/sgd, then it would mean that your FD didn't make money for you. that's all. who can predict how is the rate in future.
Lol, you are so right. I grew up in a farm and last 5 years in Punggol, I like quite place, now Punggol is getting crowed, so SEC is ideal for me.