• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Praveen

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah..sounds like the potential for capital appreciation is high. but its such a lovely place doubt i will feel like selling..

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dropped by SC this pm. They'll be advertising Twr C in Sg very soon, although (if I heard correct) they will not have a sales launch.

Saw the scaled model of the WaterEdge Apts at the sales gallery...I think Twr C looks more compact and dense compared to Twrs A and B.

Construction of Twrs A and B appears progressing but only seems to be at ground floor.

KOHJE

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi guys and gals,

wonder how many people have actually moved in to the homes? i heard from some people that that area used to smell bad due to the river..any of you bro's and sis' have experienced any bad smells?

I move in last Monday and really enjoyed my stay there. So far I do not experience any foul smell.
It took me around slightly less than 1 hr this morning from SC to Pioneer Turn , via EDL - Coastal Highway and turn to PLUS toward Tuas near East Ledang. I started at 7.45am and reached at 8.40am.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dropped by SC this pm. They'll be advertising Twr C in Sg very soon, although (if I heard correct) they will not have a sales launch.

Saw the scaled model of the WaterEdge Apts at the sales gallery...I think Twr C looks more compact and dense compared to Twrs A and B.

Construction of Twrs A and B appears progressing but only seems to be at ground floor.

units seem smaller.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I move in last Monday and really enjoyed my stay there. So far I do not experience any foul smell.
It took me around slightly less than 1 hr this morning from SC to Pioneer Turn , via EDL - Coastal Highway and turn to PLUS toward Tuas near East Ledang. I started at 7.45am and reached at 8.40am.

coming back how?

btw.. i thought yuo bot on the island?. the island , house ready already?

Last edited:

leongyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
BTW is there any rumours regarding the govt putting up a toll on the EDL?

Don't know how much you trust Wiki but here's the link to the background - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johor_Bahru_Eastern_Dispersal_Link_Expressway
Look at route background and controversies chapter.

Another google search reveals that before the furor, it was proposed to charge at RM15.30 (to and from Singapore).
Read somewhere that because of some long time Causeway bridge agreement, if M'sia raises toll, Singapore has to follow too... which sort of make sense because the current toll rates are approx the same.
Therefore, whatever toll rate it is, remember you need to x2 for Singapore side as well.

Finally, to address your question - it is not a rumour, it is a situation under negotiation - http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...ghway-takeover-toll-collection-for-johors-edl

leongyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
High Tide.jpgLow Tide.jpg

High tide and low tide

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well. If it imposes a toll likely to have a knock on effect for Singapore immigration if Malaysia does it at the CIQ .

However if they set up a toll a bit further down on the highway itself (not sure if possible due to space constraint or potential jam problem ) then likely to be ok.

But regardless with a toll and no easy alternative this is going to be a further burden on residents in the east. Not a good idea to promote investments by the govt. The eastern sector is relatively under developed. Now is not the time to talk about killing the goose.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well. If it imposes a toll likely to have a knock on effect for Singapore immigration if Malaysia does it at the CIQ .

However if they set up a toll a bit further down on the highway itself (not sure if possible due to space constraint or potential jam problem ) then likely to be ok.

But regardless with a toll and no easy alternative this is going to be a further burden on residents in the east. Not a good idea to promote investments by the govt. The eastern sector is relatively under developed. Now is not the time to talk about killing the goose.

EDL has too many slip roads. Not possible to set it further up or down the highway lah. MY govt had looked at it thoroughly previously. Best for MY Govt to fulfil its election promise and take over the highway.

KOHJE

Alfrescian
Loyal
coming back how?

btw.. i thought yuo bot on the island?. the island , house ready already?

The house I stayed now is Cluster which I bought sub sale because my son already started schooling at Exelsior International school. Intend to move to Island when ready in 2015.
I use 2nd link to come back to SC , exit at Medini and turn to Coastal Highway and drive toward CIQ and use EDL. It take me ard 1 hr also but I left Spore ard 4.30pm.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
The house I stayed now is Cluster which I bought sub sale because my son already started schooling at Exelsior International school. Intend to move to Island when ready in 2015.
I use 2nd link to come back to SC , exit at Medini and turn to Coastal Highway and drive toward CIQ and use EDL. It take me ard 1 hr also but I left Spore ard 4.30pm.

if you can hit causeway at or before 430 on mon-thur, it will only take 30 mins to clear both customs.

Praveen

Alfrescian
Loyal
ok. wonder how was the take up rate since they had a preview in SG .tower C has 2 buildings am i right ? 1 taller and 1 lower.
i think we were lucky to get units at towers A and B , as we may not get such psqf price anymore. later on i heard they are building more condo and serviced apartments near the marina.that would be getting direct sea view.
thanks for update on the progress of the construction. guess once the foundation has been done , it should be relatively quick to complete unless any other issues crop up.

Praveen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi KOHJE, congrats and glad to hear that you are loving it.
oh cool 1 hour is actually ok.
wonder how long it will take via 1st link.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the recent heavy rains are there any news of flooding over at the area?

The road going into the estate sometimes can see that the water level seems to be pretty high already. Not too sure whether the heavy downpour recently will tip it over to the roads?

Does anyone think that this will be a concern? I understand that the estate probably has already have some contingency against this but just wondering about the outside roads from the causeway going into the estate.

KOHJE

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the recent heavy rains are there any news of flooding over at the area?

The road going into the estate sometimes can see that the water level seems to be pretty high already. Not too sure whether the heavy downpour recently will tip it over to the roads?

Does anyone think that this will be a concern? I understand that the estate probably has already have some contingency against this but just wondering about the outside roads from the causeway going into the estate.

So far I never see any flooding at SC , not even ponding on roads during heavy downpour.

KOHJE

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today attending the Christimas Party at SC and managed to meet and have a good chit chat with cow138

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
e beer has a good mouth feel hor and one of e tiger girl also quite chio.:biggrin:, with live band.

Next time.. can hve sit n drink beer there, emm.. v song. Good buy.

Last edited: