• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Praveen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha first time seeing a boat cruising on the river.

How're the apartments coming alomg?

Hi Jetstream, you bought a unit at the apartments right? So did I:wink:
have you been back to see the progress of the construction..i have not had time at all, hopefully it will be finished on time.
cheers

Praveen

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi guys and gals,

wonder how many people have actually moved in to the homes? i heard from some people that that area used to smell bad due to the river..any of you bro's and sis' have experienced any bad smells?

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Praveen, I was there about half a year ago when the foundation work had just been completed.

Re bad smells, not experienced any. Even if there were any, I suspect these are the usual smells associated with mangrove soil which may surface in hot weather during low tide. Owners of units immediately along the river may be better placed to answer.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Praveen, I was there about half a year ago when the foundation work had just been completed.

Re bad smells, not experienced any. Even if there were any, I suspect these are the usual smells associated with mangrove soil which may surface in hot weather during low tide. Owners of units immediately along the river may be better placed to answer.

been there a couple of times, walk around the boardwalk. no bad smell.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Being there also a couple of times. Can't say that I have encountered any bad smell..
Seems ok to me.

BTW is there any rumours regarding the govt putting up a toll on the EDL?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Being there also a couple of times. Can't say that I have encountered any bad smell..
Seems ok to me.

BTW is there any rumours regarding the govt putting up a toll on the EDL?

yes there are rumours. dunno about the truth :smile:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
peacefulness..

20131201_105049.jpg

malpaso...

Last edited:

Praveen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Jetstream, ok cool..did you get tower a or b? i am really looking forward to this, think senibong will be very nice once more of the development is finished. saw about couple of months back that they have started on the marina area..
right, just that i heard from some relatives that the place smells bad especially during rains but i guess Walker has spent effort cleaning the river up.

Last edited:

Praveen

Alfrescian
Loyal
good to hear about no smells..phewwwww
but not so nice to hear about toll on EDL..u know the jams are getting really bad at 2nd link checkpoint, i usually take that way thinking the 1st link is bad.was thinking to move here and commute daily when my condo is done but seems like the jams will be a turn off.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Jetstream, ok cool..did you get tower a or b? i am really looking forward to this, think senibong will be very nice once more of the development is finished. saw about couple of months back that they have started on the marina area..
right, just that i heard from some relatives that the place smells bad especially during rains but i guess Walker has spent effort cleaning the river up.

To assess water quality, you really need to send a few samples over a period of time for lab testing for BOD, pH, TDS, e-coli etc. Eyes and nose cannot detect so well. But there will be more land reclamation projects and destruction of natural vegetation at the JB southern coastal area, as well as more factories upstream, so we can expect water quality to drop overall. Even JB crocodiles cannot stand it and have migrated to SG' Sungei Buloh recently.

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haha. That's a good joke.
Definitely the water quality currently seems not as clear as those near the second link. Wonder whether it can ever match it.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
To assess water quality, you really need to send a few samples over a period of time for lab testing for BOD, pH, TDS, e-coli etc. Eyes and nose cannot detect so well. But there will be more land reclamation projects and destruction of natural vegetation at the JB southern coastal area, as well as more factories upstream, so we can expect water quality to drop overall. Even JB crocodiles cannot stand it and have migrated to SG' Sungei Buloh recently.

Those crocodiles were residents from Puteri Harbour. more buaya there..
No more crocodiles here, as all (X X) liao, so very safe.
__________________________ V___________________________

Last edited:

Praveen

Alfrescian
Loyal
ha ha! is that so? i didnt know Puteri Harbour had more buayas'..
actually i heard that the river here was kinda bad until the developer cleaned it up a bit but i guess as long as no foul smells , should be ok. not as if anybody will actually swim in river lunchoo right?:biggrin:
i guess once the nusajaya area has more factories , the water quality around that area maybe affected also?

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi Praveen, my unit is in Twr B. Bought for self-stay. U? The plan was to retire early and move in when it gets completed coz I can't imagine putting up with the stress of daily commuting...

Praveen

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Jetstream, mine tower A as I wanted own Reno . I bought for self stay as well but not sure if I can handle the daily commute and unless I strike toto by 2015 then can retire! Ha ha .otherwise may leave as weekend home . You went for the launch of the new tower in Singapore?

Jetstream

Alfrescian
Loyal
No I missed it. It must have been a sellout coz no news of further marketing through the media like they did for the previous tower in Oct-Nov 2012.

Praveen

Alfrescian
Loyal
wow..actually when i went in november 2012 , i couldn't even get any high floor units , left were bumi reserved so i ended up with a 3rd floor pool view. seems like senibong cove sells like hot cakes.i wonder how much higher the price will be for those bumi reserved when released.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
heard some ppl bot earlier got state consent rejected. :smile:
many ppl asking for A & B, but out of stock. keep it tight tight..

Last edited: