• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDP to contest Punggol East SMC BE

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Opposition unity disappeared since last GE.
WP opened up a pandora's box that cannot be close again. It was a foolish thing they did unless they saw themselves as PAP partner

So you're saying that SDP was incapable of noticing that Pandora's Box for the past one year (until today, that is).

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
JJ has acquitted himself well in both in Parliament in dialogue sessions. The guy carries himself well across a range of topics. He easily outperforms most of the PAP MPs. I am not sure if he is going to be fielded even though those close to the party seem to think so.

What are you looking - another fan of Lord Butler?

Even for JJ, I would say that you cannot be "ONE ISSUE MP" for all your life! No doubt he is good in his pet issue, education, but no, you can't just be ONE ISSUE MP.

Goh Meng Seng

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is not just me who are saying WP's performance is really mediocre, dude.

Even for JJ, I would say that you cannot be "ONE ISSUE MP" for all your life! No doubt he is good in his pet issue, education, but no, you can't just be ONE ISSUE MP.

And it is NOT just CSM's performance that has dropped far below expectation, it is almost all WP MPs.... Well, for one thing you are right, I cannot just blame single person for that "Lucky Draw for VOTE" kind of blunder. ALL Aljunied GRC MPs should be responsible.

Goh Meng Seng

Mr.Goh

the majority of electorate can't be bothered with parliament proceeding. the average peasant would not watch and know about the WP's good or bad performances in parliament.

there is a positive bandwagon effect toward WP since GE2011 as shown by their huge rallies turnout and election results. the peasants are feeling very positive toward the WP ( my conjecture ). Worker Party self-promotion really damn solid!

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
TPL have consistently been championing healthcare issues in Parliament compared that to
PEH - who havent done anything yet(and to be fair still a bit early to do anything)
Pritam - consistently embarrassing himself in Parliament
The rest of the Aljunied team who seem to be competing with each other on who can make the least noise

When one can easily come up with something that TPL is championing yet struggle to find something that the entire WP team have been doing, I think the statement have some truth in it. The biggest disappointment is probably CSM, all the hype, yet done absolutely nothing in Parliament. The silence from the WP camp is so bad that I've seen a few of their supporters defending their inaction in Parliament with their work in their own GRCs, eh doesn't TPL have a GRC she needs to take care of as well?

Can only continue to LOL. "Consistently championing", "consistently embarrassing", "doing nothing". Superb that you are saying all that with a straight face.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
JJ has acquitted himself well in both in Parliament in dialogue sessions. The guy carries himself well across a range of topics. He easily outperforms most of the PAP MPs. I am not sure if he is going to be fielded even though those close to the party seem to think so.

You are right. Another one who can say things like that with a straight face is GMS.

I have been finding that JJ's problem was trying to stick his finger into every pie until he loses the quality, and we have one person saying that he only brings up one issue.

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal
But its the clowns like Zeng Guoyan that really pisses me off.. Each time there's an Election, he'll pop out of no where and declare his interest in running..

There are better ways to spend $16,000.... people like him and TJS need a better hobby, like volunteer in an old folks home etc LOL

Shantungosaurus

At the end of the day, its the votes of the Punggol residents that matters most..

Sad to say, I don't have any high hopes for our fellow Sporeans staying in that part of the country..

They'll let us down again during Polling day..

You seems very pessimistic. Is that the reality that we have to face another disappointment ? It's just an SMC. If it is a GRC, that's power!!!

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroo

I would like to add the following.

a. Its no big thing for the WP as a party to NOT win a winnable seat, the difference between six and seven is well marginal. Their supporters will be incensed. but hopefully cooler heads prevail at the leadership level on both sides, both the SDP and the WP.

b. On the SDP side, Hopefully saner heads prevail as well, Its interesting that the only person to stand beside Dr Chee when the decision to fight the BE was announced was Jufrie, I wouldn't put it past that party , that the driver behind this whole notion was Jufrie and Jufrie alone. That said and done, there are advantages and disadvantages to the contest. If its a four cornered fight with KJ , I expect the SDP to be able to relegate KJ to the role of Tan Kin Lian and them getting the TJS PE vote at ard +2/-5. I certainly do not expect them to win. If that happens KJ is spend as a political force.

c. The margin of losing in second place will determine what happens next. Whether they realise a need to pick up their ground game or to become more WP like, or if the margin between the WP and the SDP becomes closer, whether the WP realises a need to become SDP lie.

d. It may have cost one side a seat and I certainly expect PE to disappear by the next round along with JC but hopefully all learn the lesson that a circular firing squad benefits only the PAP.

Locke

I would not worry too much.

This will actually confuse the PAP and certainly will force zeros not to step into the ring. In the final hour to Nomination day, their will be withdrawals and common sense will prevail. There will always be clowns such as Desmond, Harbans etc that are part of the elections furniture and this is no different to any other country.

I am sure the SCM going to fly the flag of opposition disunity to allow the PAP to know who the actual candidate is so that they can target their campaign more accurately and do the character assassination homework.

Both Chiam, JBJ and Harbans declared their intention to contest Anson BE. People were worried but Chiam withdrew at the 11th hour.

I hope VW stands for SDP as WP has no credible or proven material and I am sure they want to preserve their firepower for East Coast as they have been working real hard. KJ can go fuck himself.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

bro,
me strongly recommend GMS to stand for the by election, he covers lots of topics ranging from lifestyle to the extra-terrestrials... who covers a wider range than GMS himself? me see no other better candidates. but he has to foot his own bills :p:p:p

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
It may have cost one side a seat and I certainly expect PE to disappear by the next round along with JC but hopefully all learn the lesson that a circular firing squad benefits only the PAP.

if JC is absorbed into either MP or EC GRC, or PE being absorbed into PasirRis-Punggol GRC, do expect more opposition votes in these two precincts.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroo

I would like to add the following.

a. Its no big thing for the WP as a party to NOT win a winnable seat, the difference between six and seven is well marginal. Their supporters will be incensed. but hopefully cooler heads prevail at the leadership level on both sides, both the SDP and the WP.

b. On the SDP side, Hopefully saner heads prevail as well, Its interesting that the only person to stand beside Dr Chee when the decision to fight the BE was announced was Jufrie, I wouldn't put it past that party , that the driver behind this whole notion was Jufrie and Jufrie alone. That said and done, there are advantages and disadvantages to the contest. If its a four cornered fight with KJ , I expect the SDP to be able to relegate KJ to the role of Tan Kin Lian and them getting the TJS PE vote at ard +2/-5. I certainly do not expect them to win. If that happens KJ is spend as a political force.

c. The margin of losing in second place will determine what happens next. Whether they realise a need to pick up their ground game or to become more WP like, or if the margin between the WP and the SDP becomes closer, whether the WP realises a need to become SDP lie.

d. It may have cost one side a seat and I certainly expect PE to disappear by the next round along with JC but hopefully all learn the lesson that a circular firing squad benefits only the PAP.

Locke

The key objective is the Opposition wins the seat and not PaP. Whether it is WP or some other party not important. However the Opposition MUST avoid 2 corner or 3 corner fights. I say again, if the Opp screws this up, the voters will blame them for the defeat. So all the Opposition leaders out there, don't shortchange the voters. If you lose, I don't want to hear anymore shit about 60% or what because its ALL your fault.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
The key objective is the Opposition wins the seat and not PaP. Whether it is WP or some other party not important. However the Opposition MUST avoid 2 corner or 3 corner fights. I say again, if the Opp screws this up, the voters will blame them for the defeat. So all the Opposition leaders out there, don't shortchange the voters. If you lose, I don't want to hear anymore shit about 60% or what because its ALL your fault.

Your plea will fall on deaf ears.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To all those that say that WP is quiet, not doing anything etc, where do they get such an idea from? Is it because there is no news or exposure from the gahmen media?

Or is it there are those here who attended the parliament sitting and see WP MPs sleeping and they are bringing it up in this forum?

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

you have still not given up on sinkies? i have long fuck care them for their cowardice, stupidity and selfishness... let them screw themselves to death.

now it is a 4 corner fight... this one confirm PAP wins again... wanna bet?

Last edited:

tioliaohuat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our matinee show tickets are fully sold, and there are limited seats left for the evening show!

We look forward to showtime on 6 January! Happy holidays, cheers from All @ Bricks in Blue.
316572_449495358445017_452898316_n.jpg

HUAT AH!

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problem with the Late JBJ was that he oppose for the sake of opposing. He went in too hard and he went up again LKY,,,LKY with his God complex will not put up with JBJ and JBJ got hammered.

But now,,in parleement,,if Vincent V were to get in,,I do believe that he will make it harder for the PAP,,but I would bet that after a year later,,the same people in this forum will say VIncent V never say anything,,keeping quiet etc cos what Vincent say is not reported in the Shitty times, CNA etc,,,

Has robustness in Parliament worked? Did JBJ achieve anything with being robust in Parliament? Those in the know kindly elucidate.