• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDP to contest Punggol East SMC BE

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm in the camp where WP should step back in this one. Like GMS mentioned, WP has ran out of good candidates, also WP has done next to nothing in Parliament after more than a year. We need someone loud and noisy to keep both parties in check, SDP will do well. RP and SDA are a joke so those 2 are not even worth mentioning. Assuming all of them are contesting, SDP is going to eat a huge chunk out of WP's vote. The hardcore votes and those disappointed with WP's performance will go to SDP, they might even upset WP. PAP won't lose enough votes for them to lose in a 3 corner fight

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm in the camp where WP should step back in this one. Like GMS mentioned, WP has ran out of good candidates, also WP has done next to nothing in Parliament after more than a year. We need someone loud and noisy to keep both parties in check, SDP will do well. RP and SDA are a joke so those 2 are not even worth mentioning. Assuming all of them are contesting, SDP is going to eat a huge chunk out of WP's vote. The hardcore votes and those disappointed with WP's performance will go to SDP, they might even upset WP. PAP won't lose enough votes for them to lose in a 3 corner fight

WP can't do anything yet and yes they are not aggressive but over aggressiveness has failed in the past

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If SDP is going to eat a huge chunk from WP, then let WP contest there to punish it.

It's inconsistent for other opposition to ask WP to step back from a ward it had contested before when they (and SDA) should be the one with the most rights to contest there.

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
701907_460716550630998_1404077126_o.jpg

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
WP can't do anything yet and yes they are not aggressive but over aggressiveness has failed in the past

This is one of those very twisted logic by WP supporters. WP do not have the numbers to stop PAP passing policies, they however have more than enough numbers to bring up valid issues in Parliament, something which other than maybe YJJ, WP have not been doing. Unfortunately he was not elected. When TPL have been upstaging all their elected members combined for the past year, they should really be asking themselves WTF they were doing.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

why should WP step back? i believe rest of the Opposition parties will get more or less the total votes of that Desmond Lim 5% in Punggol East last GE. Party interest comes first before the greater Opposition cause.

if the PE electorate are really smart enough to see that WP can't produce a good candidate, and if SDP produces an excellent candidate for eg. this is actually the worse scenario for the Opposition. SDP will eat a huge chunk out of WP's vote. anyway, people are smart enough to tactical vote. it will still be a vote for WP over rest of Opposition parties.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
the humiliating result by rest of the oppositions will teach them not to intrude again on WP territories in GE2015.

It's not so much about whose territories/turf, but rather who has the best chance to deny the White Scums one more seat.

jw5

Loyal
I do not recognise the pap man. They all look the same to me.

Ong Ye Kung lah. The guy who contested in Aljunied GRC and claimed in an ST interview that he likes to play football and his former classmates once told him there was no test when there was. :biggrin:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
something which other than maybe YJJ, WP have not been doing.

I am quite sure that WP is bad because of Chen Show Mao's performance but if YJJ is good, then it is YJJ that is good and not WP.

I have seen this line of argument from Goh Meng Seng before but doesn't cut any ice with me. Either both YJJ and CSM are WP, or they are both not.

When TPL have been upstaging all their elected members combined for the past year, they should really be asking themselves WTF they were doing.

I can't but LOL at this statement.

M

Mdm Tang

lol he once told the Presiding Judge that it was his little birdie who used the 4 Letters word lol :smile: