• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Samsung S3 is a copy phone

Nik1971

Alfrescian
Loyal
Noticed today papers have Samsung S3 on offer by local telcos. Will anyone buy a copy phone?

Last edited:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the patent lawsuit that concluded yesterday in san jose did not include the galaxy s3. up to s2 and tab 2. the s3 was released after the lawsuit was filed.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No fighting. Android phones and iPhones can co-exist peacefully for the greater good.

As long as it is not a shitty Windows phone, all is good.

Please boycott Windows 8, Windows Phone 8, Skydrive, Bing, Zune music, Xbox Live, Microsoft App Store, Microsoft Surface, Office 2013, Hotmail (now Outlook.com).

Microsoft recently changed its corporate logo to something a 5-year old kid could whip up on MS Paint:

Microsoft_New_Old_logo.png

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Both are like pap and opposition....both have their own diehard supporters who will never switch camp.
The fight now is for the fence sitters....

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are die-hard opposition supporters in Singapore? :eek:
I think the figure stands at 25% currently as opposed to the pap's 35%....these are the so called donkey voters........put an donkey against the PM and the donkey will garner 25% regardless. Likewise for pap supporters.......as seen from PE....35% for pap donkey.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the figure stands at 25% currently as opposed to the pap's 35%....these are the so called donkey voters........put an donkey against the PM and the donkey will garner 25% regardless. Likewise for pap supporters.......as seen from PE....35% for pap donkey.

I think a more accurate figure is 27.1%, judging by the last GE results. Fewer than 3 out of 10 Singaporeans voted for the opposition. That's how pathetic the opposition is in Singapore :rolleyes:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Samsung need to sell more phones to pay apple 1 bn....

usd1.049b is a drop in the bucket for samsung. they earned billions as a supply chain partner to apple for several years from shipping chips to screens. as a very close partner, they got the inside track to all of apple product development and engineering. they also sold millions of their own devices which internally are close copies of apple products.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
usd1.049b is a drop in the bucket for samsung. they earned billions as a supply chain partner to apple for several years from shipping chips to screens. as a very close partner, they got the inside track to all of apple product development and engineering. they also sold millions of their own devices which internally are close copies of apple products.
Thanks for heads up...so confirm samsung is copycat.
So share price should rebound soon then....

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think the world is coming to terms with the fact that the allegation of blatant copying is true. Articles from neutral source have also in a way accept these allegations . I guess Samsung now has to invest more into its own R&D now that the copying is exposed which is a plus for consumers.

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think the world is coming to terms with the fact that the allegation of blatant copying is true. Articles from neutral source have also in a way accept these allegations . I guess Samsung now has to invest more into its own R&D now that the copying is exposed which is a plus for consumers.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
samsung makes everything even military vehicles like tanks. The cell phone business is actually a pretty small part of samsung.

Crown jewel in the group is still Samsung electronics which makes their TVs and Smartphones....
Net profit was US$12 bn for 2011 (which accounted for 2/3 of the conglomerate's profit)....a $1 bn fine can hardly be small change.