• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

IT Explained - If you use Tiktok

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tiktok app can eavesdrop on you without you knowing. This is a technicality in Android systems that can be exploited. For example, there are also many apps out there doing the same (with your permission), including those installed by spouses and parents to spy on their partners and kids respectively.

A typical android phone has 3 layers of OS:
- Google
- Telco - they will not give you problem if they keep it simple and honest. Eg. use VPNs for Chinese Telco
- Phone Manufacturer - they can root the phone for pre-configs, ads, spying and monitoring purposes.

Apple's IOS offers a safer ecology for Tiktok app as they cannot transmit these background information. Likewise even if your kids allow you to install a legit software in their phone for your location tracking, any function to transmit background information (eg eavesdropping) will not work.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have never installed a social media app on my phone before, if they came preinstalled, they would be immediately uninstalled. Same goes for shopping apps and streaming apps.

No games too these days, they are a waste of storage and battery. And the mechanics of the mobile game industry is very similar to gambling i.e. the risk/reward system and the psychology involved. They just want you to pay real money for various perks. :wink: