• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sakae Sushi CEO says he can't hire sinkie cleaner even for $3k a month

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
3.45pm, hot weekday afternoon under the sun, can play monkey bar and tai chi.

It's incumbent on unproductive, rent-seeking economies like Singapore to project a facade of peace and prosperity to foreign investors. Think of Singapore as one huge MLM where a large proportion of business expenditure is allocated to buying BMWs and producing cheesy ads.

[video=youtube;4I-EWnH9bTM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I-EWnH9bTM[/video]

pachinko

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dont know who is Douglas Foo but I can tell you one thing , I have been trying to get Sporean or PR through classified advertisements on several occasions . I spent more than a thousand dollars advertising and the response was all from Myanmar, Indian , Filipino and a few China FT . No Malaysians or Singaporeans are keen to take up jobs now , a few Malays came but when I interviewed them ,I am convinced they are not interested . Some stay with parents and rented their own flats out , they get $2000-2500 for rental , why work? A few started work ,they never lasted more than 2 days , simply vanished after lunch time or whilst taking a smoke outside they disappeared. Not even keen to collect their 2 days' salary !

Yet MOM is very strict to issue work permit or S-pass to small companies , its a very difficult situation for employers so dont hit at this Sakae Sushi guy , he is probably facing great difficulties in getting staff.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I dont know who is Douglas Foo but I can tell you one thing , I have been trying to get Sporean or PR through classified advertisements on several occasions . I spent more than a thousand dollars advertising and the response was all from Myanmar, Indian , Filipino and a few China FT . No Malaysians or Singaporeans are keen to take up jobs now , a few Malays came but when I interviewed them ,I am convinced they are not interested . Some stay with parents and rented their own flats out , they get $2000-2500 for rental , why work? A few started work ,they never lasted more than 2 days , simply vanished after lunch time or whilst taking a smoke outside they disappeared. Not even keen to collect their 2 days' salary !

Yet MOM is very strict to issue work permit or S-pass to small companies , its a very difficult situation for employers so dont hit at this Sakae Sushi guy , he is probably facing great difficulties in getting staff.
really? I know of at least 10 who were willing to do anything for 2500 and were rejected as being overly qualified. I know of housewives looking for jobs to supplement income still no. So..... He is probably... so how would you know? People are claiming applications now. Better than your odds of SGP replies. I do know of many fake adverts in the industry with no intention to hire but to burn budget not to pay taxes and lie to competitors they are hiring though everyone else knows. They keep the useless HR who surf the net and chat about dinner plans 9-5 and do not even know what one position is from another, technical, general or otherwise. So what is your point? BTW, now got 300 enquiries.

Last edited:

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have been trying to get Sporean or PR through classified advertisements on several occasions . I spent more than a thousand dollars advertising and the response was all from Myanmar, Indian , Filipino and a few China FT . No Malaysians or Singaporeans are keen to take up jobs now ,
if they are not keen, do you mean sporeans now are rich enuff that they need not work?
what is the job scope? what position is that? for $2.5k, imho, is still able to attract sporean.

You forgot to include the $6k per month taxi driver.
We are 2nd richest citizens in the world....hip hip hurray!
quite doubtful. did the taxi driver mention which year was that? or did he mention the currency? or paper money?
he must be pay and pay master spokesman.:eek:

Last edited:

batman1

Alfrescian
Loyal

There are more than 100,000 jobless sinkees in the job market and u can't even recruit them ? U must be sleeping !!!
Singapore employers are just too pampered by the PAP Govt.KNNCCB !!!

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
$3k per month and no takers? But some earn $1k per month as cleaners! who to believe?

I know a cleaner working in school and full time position who is earning only S$700 per month. I don't believe S$3k per month for cleaners and no takers. My ex-co in Australia had cleaners at A$2k to A$3k and there are takers.

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
300 had applied. What does that imply?
Anyway, let's see how many are successful.

About 300 enquire into $3k dishwasher post

Restaurant chain Sakae Sushi says it has received about 300 enquiries into and applications for its open dishwasher position, which will carry a $3,000 monthly salary.

Public attention was drawn to the position’s lucrative-sounding pay when the company’s chief executive officer, Douglas Foo, mentioned in passing during a UFM 100.3 radio interview on Friday that he was offering to pay $3,000 a month for dishwashers in his restaurants.

Despite his comment being confirmed by the company in a post on its Facebook page on Wednesday, many people still questioned the authenticity of the opening, saying it is too good to be true or a marketing gimmick.

Company branding and communications manager Gregg Lewis told Yahoo! Singapore on Thursday that they decided to hire dishwashers directly instead of through a contractor, through which their existing 30 dishwashers had been hired.

He also confirmed that the $3,000 figure refers to the salary before CPF deductions, but he declined to discuss what benefits would be provided, if any.

Clarifying previous reports that mentioned varying details of the job specifications and working hours, Lewis said dishwashers at Sakae will work six-day work weeks, from 10:30am to 10:30pm, a time that he says includes breaks and meal times — although the length and number of these breaks were not specified.

He said there were no restrictions imposed on hiring, for instance pertaining to age, fitness level or mental ability except that they should be Singaporeans or permanent residents.

Foo previously mentioned that there were 10 vacancies open for the spot, but Lewis clarified that the number is an estimate, given that Sakae Sushi is still expanding and working to open new outlets.

Lewis also said that the company has faced difficulty retaining their dishwashers, citing issues with inconsistent attendance, with some frequently calling in sick.

“It’s a physically daunting task, (which involves) standing all day, (and there are) very little, if any, career advancement opportunities,” Lewis pointed out, explaining why the food and beverage firm is willing to pay that much.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
If I am an investor in this company, I will dump my shares at a blink. The CEO is creating too much negative publicity which are more likely to create unhappiness. Furthermore, if it is true that he is paying $3,000 per mth for dishwasher, then he is probably an idiot. Too stupid to run a company.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
He is banging on the fact that nobody can prove whether he did hire 10 cleaners at $3000.
As many has pointed out, he could hire them and find some reason to replace them with FTs later on.
==> He thinks he is smart but he jus tarnished his own image. Now people know Douglas Foo is a PAP cocksucker and crooked guy

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He can talk any cock he like cos talking don't need any poon chi one ma, just like I keep talking cock here :biggrin:

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ah... i miss that.
1030am to 1030pm for 6 days a week.
What a fucktard. That is not the usual specs for a cleaning job - 72 hours a week!

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah... i miss that.
1030am to 1030pm for 6 days a week.
What a fucktard. That is not the usual specs for a cleaning job - 72 hours a week!

You spot on ! Security guard working 12 hrs for 6 days week also anytime can earn 3k, no big deal about his fucking boast !

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't be surprised that after a couple of months, he lets the 3000 dollar worker go.

Can. We want to know why they left leh. u noe u check MOM Labor force report 2011, of the 145K cleaners, laborers and related workers, those who make S$2500-2500 only top 1.5% percentile man! Foo loves to give Sinkies a chance. All must go grab man. He will get special grant if he employ special worker too! So lower cost and apply for productivity grant, lagi better!

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You spot on ! Security guard working 12 hrs for 6 days week also anytime can earn 3k, no big deal about his fucking boast !

Bro sadly you're wrong.. My workplace has this group of security guards workin 12hrs for 6 days a week..

They only earn less than 1.4K per month.. I'm sure its the same for all those working in the security industry..

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Bro sadly you're wrong.. My workplace has this group of security guards workin 12hrs for 6 days a week..

They only earn less than 1.4K per month.. I'm sure its the same for all those working in the security industry..

Acalling to MOM stats for wages 2011 bottom 10 wage careers which include guards, they get 1,550SGD/mth. Cleaner and related worker in this leepot leh is basic 900 and gloss 1,020. Even aircraft cleena only 900nia. So Foo is very gracious offering what is deemed to be the current fresh grad pay man! So if grad not pay can do this. SAF regular also can wat. I noe many regular no touch 3K leh.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm calling bullshit right now.

The so-called $3K salary will come with lots of fine print and attached conditions.
For example, work 6-7 days 12 hours rotating shift. No medical/dental/insurance benefits. No further training or career advancement. Job scope is more than just dishwashing, and may include hall/kitchen/marketing duties. Full wage payment only starts after completion of the probation period.

No restaurant is going to pay $3K per month for a worker who's purely into dishwashing. The laws of demand and supply in the labour market do not happen that way.

Please don't be daft and believe the sensationalist media coverage.

Douglas Foo is so full of shit... just like his shitty, icky cheap sushi.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
restaurant manager gross pay according to mom is 2,640. Sell backside and get poked and intoxicated if you pretty. So you tell me which is better? Hard work for 3K or pimping yourself as restaurant manager?