• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

S’porean with 8As can’t get into Law faculty – mother asks why FTs given places?

ChewCheng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Rough Translation:

According to Mdm Hong, her daughter, a true blue Singaporean who scored 8As in her A levels is rejected by NUS Law faculty. The news came as a blot out from the blue for her family.

Her daughter not only achieving good academic results but also actively participate in school CCA and grassroots activities. Upon rejection from NUS, she decided to send her daughter who has a keen interest in law to UK university.

Ms Hong expressed her disappointment and also raised her concern on why foreign students are able to secure to place in NUS whereas her daughter who’s academically inclined is to be ‘forced’ to pursue her university education aboard.

洪比琳

今年A水准成绩放榜,小女儿的成绩非常优异,考到了八个A,包括H2和H3。与家人商量后,女儿决定报考新 加坡国立大学法律系。不料,我们却在5月初接到通知,她竟然不被国大法律系录取!小女儿在初级学院就读期间 ,除了成绩优异外,也积极参加课外活动,深得老师好评。此外,她晚上也经常到居民委员会等基层组织义务帮忙 。由此可见,她具有全面发展的潜能。  对于国大法律系为什么会把这样土生土长,又有实力的年轻人拒之门外 ,我们实在是想不通。为了让女儿学习她所喜爱的法律,我们决定把她送到英国留学。在阻隔了本地优秀人才在本国大学升学之路的同时,国立大学却给外国留学生保留了学额,真让人感到失望和伤心 !希望新加坡国立大学能够对此给一个说法。

Extremist

Alfrescian
Loyal
I cried for 3 days because I didn't get into medicine, says RJC student

STOMP - Singapore Seen - Confession: I cried for 3 days because I didn't get into medicine, says RJC student

Confession: I cried for 3 days because I didn't get into medicine, says RJC student

Today's confession comes from a Raffles Junior College student who 'speaks and breathes' Medicine -- an ambition she worked hard towards since 12 -- only to be unable to get a place in her desired university course.

She had cried for three days because she does not understand what went wrong, and sees no other alternative to achieving her lifelong dream.

Here is the confession in full:

"I'm writing this because I know that someone out there is experiencing the same thing, and I need someone who can listen to me - that's all that I'm left with now.

"I didn't get into Medicine.

"For the past three days I have been crying because the sadness is just so intense I don't know where else I can channel it to.

"Wanting to do Medicine has been my childhood ambition, since Primary Six maybe? It materialized because of many reasons like the death of my relative, but I won't delve into that.

"I studied hard to get into RGS, and like all kiasu students, I did community service, I did internships to find out more and get close to this career.

"Admit it, many people do that, and sometimes we do enjoy these things.

"I came to RJ, and again, mugged hard for A levels and got decent A level grades to apply to medicine.

"Everything was going well. My interview went well because I was speaking and breathing 'Medicine'. This passion has been there for so long, it is already deeply entrenched in me.

"I don't know what went wrong, and what I did wrong. When I received the news, I cried so hard and just couldn't see any way out of this.

"Please don't say I'm dramatizing. I hope you can read this and put yourself in my shoes.

"It breaks my heart so much when my friends told me of people who got in because they were just 'trying it out', and there was even someone who decided to apply because 'Medicine has more slots than other courses like Law and Dentistry'.

"Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to be 'sour grapes', but... it just hurts so, so much.

"If I were to get that place instead, I promise I will do anything I can to become a good doctor next time, only to realize I can't fulfil that promise anymore.

"Some of you might suggest going overseas to study Medicine, but I know for sure my family won't be able to afford the six years of course overseas, and the hefty costs of living. I don't want to owe them and become a burden.

"Those who are in and deserve it, congrats and I'm sure you will become a great doctor.

"Those who got in but are not sure about Medicine at all, is it okay that after reading this, you will reflect and think through whether you really want it? Because somewhere out there, there are people like me who are simply bereft of all hope and cannot take the thought of not being able to fulfil this dream.

"Lastly, thank you for reading and listening to me. I'm grateful."

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: I cried for 3 days because I didn't get into medicine, says RJC student

"I came to RJ, and again, mugged hard for A levels and got decent A level grades to apply to medicine.

Here lies the answer to why she didn't get into medicine.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal

Another fake story? It is no longer called RJC after it merged with RI in 2009. It is now simply called RI.

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal

Here lies the answer to why she didn't get into medicine.

she's just not used to dealing with failure. common plight of many straight A students who were deluded into believing "work hard and you'll get what you want (and not end up as road sweeper)"

reality bites. better to be bitten when young. youths are great at bouncing back.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The authorities will say that the daughter didn't do well in the interview. Let's face it, sinkapore has an unwritten policy of favouring foreigners.

tanakow

Alfrescian
Loyal

no lah. the post secondary is still called RJC.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Sinkies must live with it.
This is not longer their land.
The regime is only interested in screwing and fucking them
And getting foreign trash in who will do the same.

Be content with that

OR

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal

cry so much for what??

Its your fault for not being part of the familee.

go overseas and do your medicine or law.

I have a sneaky feeling this are pdmms and tiong urine kids

It never says they are born in singapore.

I_Hate_Pappies

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Her daughter not only achieving good academic results but also actively participate in school CCA and grassroots activities. Upon rejection from NUS, she decided to send her daughter who has a keen interest in law to UK university.

Like that also can? :oIo:

oldjunkee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why they never watch namewee's negarakuku?

Talks about giving thanks to Malaysia garment their citizens can go oberseas and study opportunities.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When i read the article. I thought its referring to mudland n the cina could not get in due to the bumiputra policy. But this is singkieland. Where the FTs r the bumis. Fuck Pap.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why study so hard? Didn't Khaw Boon Wan say that degrees may not be necessary for success? :confused:

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why study so hard? Didn't Khaw Boon Wan say that degrees may not be necessary for success? :confused:

No need degree to be a taxi driver in Stinkapore or to open hawker stall
Thats reserved for stinkaporeans.
PMETs are all for Foreign Trash.

THANK YOU ALL AND YOUR PARENTS FOR VOTING AND VOTING FOR THE MAGGOTS IN WHITE

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal

students who were deluded into believing "work hard and you'll get what you want (and not end up as road sweeper)"

i was perplexed by "luck" during secondary school.
by the time in poly, i confirmed that my result can be affected by luck" in and luck out
by the time i serve ns, i was constantly affected by bad luck..while some other enjoys good luck.i was determined to find out why.
when i ord and enter work force, i was in good luck,while my peer were affected by bad luck.this further aroused my curoisty on why/which"/how people got affected by luck.
few years into work force, i did not give up the idea of finding out and research more about luck.
sometime i goggle search..but manage to find only answer related to gods,spiritual, karma...which i am not 100%convinced.
1 day i was sacked by the company for no reason.
while job hunting and waiting terriblely for calls..i often went library to read motivation books.
1 day, i happen to browse this book on 4 pillars on destiny (bazi chart)..
look interesting to me and i read on...bingo...i found the missing mystery on luck...the rest is histroy

Last edited:

ykhuser

Alfrescian
Loyal

sadly, i had to agree with kwah on this.you dont need IQ 200 to be the next bill gates.
you just need to be in favourable luck and do the right thing at the right timing