• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Roy Will Not Offer Any More Compensation, Will Fight PM LEE In Court

xingguy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Source: The Real Singapore

ROY REFUSES TO OFFER ANY MORE COMPENSATION, WILL FIGHT PM LEE IN COURT
Post date: 28 May 2014 - 5:39pm

Lawyers acting on behalf of blogger Roy Ngerng have just send a letter to PM Lee’s lawyers informing them that they will not be offering any higher amount of compensation.

Roy had earlier offered a compensation amount of $5000 to PM Lee for the damage that he has caused to PM Lee by implying in a blog post on his blog The Heart Truths, that PM Lee was criminally misappropriating CPF funds.

PM Lee’s lawyers had responded to the compensation offer, rejecting it completely and saying that it was “derisory" (ridiculously small or inadequate) and “completely disregards the gravity of (Roy’s) conduct”.

In the letter responding to Roy’s compensation offer, Davinder Singh, the lawyer acting on behalf of PM Lee, said that Roy’s apology was insincere and he had “opportunistically” used the whole situation to raise his public profile.

Roy has decided that he will not be offering any higher amount of compensation and instead has decided to fight the case in court.

Here is the letter that Roy’s lawyers sent to PM Lee’s lawyers:
krIRyKn.jpg

v2MmjmJ.jpg

"service of process" means the filing of a court case.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Roy 1 PM 0.

In my view, the political cost to the PM will far outweigh any $$$ amount he is awarded.

Imagine a member of the most powerful family in Singapore taking on a kid. It is not a good look no matter what sort of spin you put on it.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Roy 1 PM 0.

In my view, the political cost to the PM will far outweigh any $$$ amount he is awarded.

Imagine a member of the most powerful family in Singapore taking on a kid. It is not a good look no matter what sort of spin you put on it.

That's my good boy. Your bi-polar swing to the correct mood today. Now, continue to behave.

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Roy 1 PM 0.

These are wise words from you indeed, boss Sam. :smile:

Please write like this more often, can?

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the other half, the law firm getting free advertising for his legal firm as well.

If LHL is getting into a fight in court case, the citizen demand that he resign first and fight this case on his own

It is a waste of tax payers money to have a parliamentary minister, MP and a Minister with portfolio, to fight a court case over CPF members money.

People are more interest he can deal with the blogger on a national stage than in a legal pursuit where only lawyers win handsomely.

Source: The Real Singapore

Lawyers acting on behalf of blogger Roy Ngerng have just send a letter to PM Lee’s lawyers informing them that they will not be offering any higher amount of compensation.

Roy had earlier offered a compensation amount of $5000 to PM Lee for the damage that he has caused to PM Lee by implying in a blog post on his blog The Heart Truths, that PM Lee was criminally misappropriating CPF funds.

PM Lee’s lawyers had responded to the compensation offer, rejecting it completely and saying that it was “derisory" (ridiculously small or inadequate) and “completely disregards the gravity of (Roy’s) conduct”.

In the letter responding to Roy’s compensation offer, Davinder Singh, the lawyer acting on behalf of PM Lee, said that Roy’s apology was insincere and he had “opportunistically” used the whole situation to raise his public profile.

Roy has decided that he will not be offering any higher amount of compensation and instead has decided to fight the case in court.

Here is the letter that Roy’s lawyers sent to PM Lee’s lawyers:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fwah applaud M Ravi, is he a FT ?
Standby popcon and beer
But I place bet for H-A. and Away give ball.

HT 1-0
FT 1-10

Last edited:

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
That's my good boy. Your bi-polar swing to the correct mood today. Now, continue to behave.

You're one of those twits that views the world in black and white with no shades of grey in between.

Just because I think PM Lee has made a strategic error in dealing with this case in no way affects my undying support for the PAP.

In politics, nobody agrees 100% with ALL the policies of the party they support. There are many PAP policies I disagree with. However, that does not alter the fact that when it comes to party philosophy, they are in the right place on the political spectrum

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Roy 1 PM 0.

You're mistaking Roy for the 17 year old kids. Roy is 33 years old, hardly a kid.

Anyway, the lawyer very goodah......who is he? Use chim phrases like 'accept service of process' leh........might as well say, 'see you in court'..........LOL

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
You're mistaking Roy for the 17 year old kids. Roy is 33 years old, hardly a kid.

Anyway, the lawyer very goodah......who is he? Use chim phrases like 'accept service of process' leh........might as well say, 'see you in court'..........LOL

He's a kid in politics... zero experience.

As for the legal speak if lawyers wrote ordinary English like "see you in court", the clients would question why they had to pay a lawyer to write a simple letter.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
You're one of those twits that views the world in black and white with no shades of grey in between.

Just because I think PM Lee has made a strategic error in dealing with this case in no way affects my undying support for the PAP.

In politics, nobody agrees 100% with ALL the policies of the party they support. There are many PAP policies I disagree with. However, that does not alter the fact that when it comes to party philosophy, they are in the right place on the political spectrum
hahaha...well said...i have added your points.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ah Leong didn't say pinkie wrong but only pinkie make a political mistake. If pinkie accept Roy apologies without damages in the first place, pinkie would have look good while Roy will be look upon as a lunatic by the general public, especially Roy continue to kpkb after making apologies.

Alas, pinkie being the petty minded arsehole will now look like a bully, especially Roy only a lousy healthcare worker.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So, let me get this in its proper perspective....

Is the civil case:

Govt vs Citizen

Citizen vs Citizen

But it's the Citizen who voted the Govt into parliament, right? So, how can it be Govt vs Citizen, meaning the dog chasing after its own tail? KNN....

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i am more interested to know who spark the fire, must be some elite crony, at the most sensitive time, bring up the cpf, looks like this sly fox crony is playing both sides and watching the show. i am serious, i want to know who play bastard?:oIo:

Roy 1 PM 0.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ah Leong didn't say pinkie wrong but only pinkie make a political mistake. If pinkie accept Roy apologies without damages in the first place, pinkie would have look good while Roy will be look upon as a lunatic by the general public, especially Roy continue to kpkb after making apologies.

Alas, pinkie being the petty minded arsehole will now look like a bully, especially Roy only a lousy healthcare worker.

he salah miscalculated....thought his father said to destroy all political enemies,end up mistook a xiao ginna for political enemy.