• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Roy Spoke In Amnesty International, Norway

vtran2684

Alfrescian
Loyal
The British built just enough to take care of themselves and their servants. The rest of Singapore lived in dirt and squalor.

LKY changed all that. He turned swampland into a sparkling first world metropolis. I will be forever grateful to LKY and his family for putting Singaporeans first and foremost.

did you send him a get well note?

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Human rights do not contribute to food on the table. The primary responsibility of any government is to feed, clothe and house its people and the PAP has been extremely successful in raising the living standards of ALL Singaporeans and building an infrastructure that is second to none.

People forget that Singapore was nothing more than swampland when the PAP first came to power. LKY and his team have done a remarkable job by any measure.

Is that so? One should not rest on past laurels.PAP has no divine right to be elected into power all the time. Or are we supposed to be eternally grateful to them for transforming swampland into a bustling city-state. I sincerely hope the present leadership does not bring us down the slippery road to oblivion. We may well conceivably revert to become the 14th state in Malaysia or become a U.S. protectorate or as once warned by the great LKY, becoming refugees boat people. It's time to remove deadwood!

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Is that so? One should not rest on past laurels.PAP has no divine right to be elected into power all the time. Or are we supposed to be eternally grateful to them for transforming swampland into a bustling city-state. I sincerely hope the present leadership does not bring us down the slippery road to oblivion. We may well conceivably revert to become the 14th state in Malaysia or become a U.S. protectorate or as once warned by the great LKY, becoming refugees boat people. It's time to remove deadwood!

That's what will happen to Singapore if the PAP is voted out.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
And not forgetting gays too...

a great disappointment for his Char Tow Kway seller father who had expected his son to be at least another

Char Kway Teow seller if not better! LoL

Well, on the contrary, I should think Roy's father would be immensely proud of him. Only his detractors think of him as a fool. Roy is famous in his own right and he has advanced the opposition cause and in fact for many Singaporeans with regard to CPF issues. I know of many who hailed him as a hero. Why should he be a great disappointment for his Char Tow Kway seller father?

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The British built just enough to take care of themselves and their servants. The rest of Singapore lived in dirt and squalor.

LKY changed all that. He turned swampland into a sparkling first world metropolis. I will be forever grateful to LKY and his family for putting Singaporeans first and foremost.

Swampland my foot! Watch this video and be enlightened. By the way, I am somewhat tinkled that a young punk like me who wasn't even born when independence was achieved can be making fun of and contradicting an ah pek like yourself using an ancient film.

Dirt and squalor? It's relative. The Chinks and Nehs emigrated en masse to Little Red Dot because it was far worse where they came from not to mention absolute lack of human rights.

British left the infrastructure (roads, air bases, ports, etc) and huge reserves. Some SITU flats were also left, would have been much more if like in Hong Kong, they had stayed longer. CPF was also initiated by them. PAP just continued the good work that SITU had been doing by using the reserves the British had left behind. You have been eternally grateful to the wrong people you twit!

[video=youtube;FvvhY6DtfZs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvvhY6DtfZs[/video]

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal
"People forget that Singapore was nothing more than swampland when the PAP first came to power. LKY and his team have done a remarkable job by any measure."

What bullshit. If Singapore was swampland you can bet LKY wouldn't have bothered competing for power. They have done a remarkable job for sure but please spare us the swampland/fishing village crap. Even JB wasnt a swampland/fishing village and we were certainly not behind them.

Last edited:

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can't think of any father who would be proud to have produced a faggot.

I don't know whether Roy is a faggot or not but I know he's not a maggot. He most certainly has the balls to bring up the CPF issues and got sued for defamation by the PM in the process.:rolleyes:

xpo2015

Alfrescian
Loyal
家丑不能外扬!! Ugly stuffs at home should not be spread to far corners of the earth!

I find it awkward to tell bad things about SGP to strangers. :biggrin:

We should be able to solve it ourselves using the ballot boxes!

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Swampland my foot! Watch this video and be enlightened.

I watched the video and it proved my point exactly. The Brits took good care of themselves and developed infrastructure but only in the areas where they worked and played.

The rest of the country was swampland.

Take a look for yourself what Jurong looked like in 1961.
TamanJurong2-1024x694.jpg

http://tamanjurong.sg/about-us

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I watched the video and it proved my point exactly. The Brits took good care of themselves and developed infrastructure but only in the areas where they worked and played.

The rest of the country was swampland.

Take a look for yourself what Jurong looked like in 1961.

http://tamanjurong.sg/about-us

Only parts of the island was swampland doesn't mean all was swampland lah!

You should read the first one or two chapters of this book, which describes the situation, with statistics from Sinkieland's own Government archives, just before independence, which was very rosy by Southeast Asia standards - per capital GDP second only to Japan in Asia. Almost self-sufficient when it comes to essential foods such as poultry and vegetables - that was a surprise to a kid like me who was indoctrinated from PAP kindergarten. It should be available in Kiwi-land. Those in Sinkieland can buy from Amazon or Johore Bahru.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Singapore-Miracle-Myth-Reality-ebook/dp/B00DPK9DUU

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Only parts of the island was swampland doesn't mean all was swampland lah!

You should read the first one or two chapters of this book, which describes the situation, with statistics from Sinkieland own Government archives, just before independence, which was very rosy by Southeast Asia standards - per capital GDP second only to Japan in Asia. Almost self-sufficient when it comes to essential foods such as poultry and vegetables - that was a surprise to a kid like me who was indoctrinated from PAP kindergarten. It should be available in Kiwi-land. Those in Sinkieland can buy from Amazon or Johore Bahru.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Singapore-Miracle-Myth-Reality-ebook/dp/B00DPK9DUU

Don't trust the Brits. When it comes to lies, damned lies and statistics, you can't beat the Ang Mohs,

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Don't trust the Brits. When it comes to lies, damned lies and statistics, you can't beat the Ang Mohs,

I just made a phone call to my 80 year old auntie, who confirmed that Sinkieland was a thriving city in 1965 and only Jurong was swampland. She also said that most of the poultry and vegetables were grown locally. After that she asked when is your wife's baby production coming on line ... ... I quickly hung up.