• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Roy Ngerng ordered to pay S$150,000 in damages for defaming PM Lee

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
UNFORTUNATELY THE LAW DOES NOT REQUIRE PLAINTIFF TO PROVE DAMAGES.............IT IS assUMED
FUCKING FLAWED BUT PAP SEE NO REASON TO CHANGE
Defamation law really FLAWED, no need to prove DAMAGE but can claim $150,000. Even Rape victims must submit to MO to examine CB to document and prove RAPE (damage to vagina)

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Waiting for you to sell your house and donate all sale proceeds to Roy. :rolleyes:

what you waiting for? keyboard warrior?

There is no need for me to sell anything to support Roy,

Many people will contribute to Roy and life goes on.. BUt Roy has leave an imprint for your beloved low life sinkie gay Prime minister that he sue his own citizen for speaking out issue that is dear for the citizen..

A prime minister suing his own citizen.. what a fucking disgrace!!!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
There is no need for me to sell anything to support Roy,

Many people will contribute to Roy and life goes on.. BUt Roy has leave an imprint for your beloved low life sinkie gay Prime minister that he sue his own citizen for speaking out issue that is dear for the citizen..

A prime minister suing his own citizen.. what a fucking disgrace!!!

Roy was sued not for talking about CPF issues but for claiming that the PM misappropriated CPF monies. There's a big difference.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Roy was sued not for talking about CPF issues but for claiming that the PM misappropriated CPF monies. There's a big difference.

Your gay pm is in public office and is not in a private company or mnc.. By suing his own citizen, it tells so much about him as a person in PUBLIC.

Even if your gay pm feels that roy is wronged about him.. Then prove to the whole country that he didn't do it and be transparent on all the cpf dealings.. The citizens have the right to know too.

But your gay pm didn't do it.. He dare not show the whole balance sheet of cpf since the beginning of cpf years ago.. And there is no case for Roy to be sue for damages.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal

was such claim ever made or was it just David Singh's putting words into Roy's mulut???

Cosmos10

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Roy shared a post on his FB, and I am very happy to learn that he has taken the damages with the right attitude and in the right spirit :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/sexiespider?fref=ts

This is me carrying the bowl of ramen (picture shown below) that I was styling for a photoshoot yesterday. A friend and I were taking photos for Takagi Ramen's new menu.

With the help of two friends, I've ventured into photography and videography as a career. Finally can turn my artistic eye into good use!

Sometimes, things might come as a blessing in disguise. I was sued, lost my job, was charged and had to pay a fine, and would now be required to pay the Singapore prime minister $150,000.

It seems like the past more than a year has been a roller coaster ride. I feel most guilty for putting my family, especially my parents, through this. They didn't have to go through this, but I kept hoping that for the good of the country, things will get better.

I am really thankful my parents have been such a pillar of strength. They are the people I care the most now in this world. They were also the reason I cried in court. I am amazed by their resilience and I am grateful for them for being there for me, and for bringing me up.

In a way, having things unsettled in my life caused me to relook my priorities. It also allowed me to venture into developing my artistic skills, also with the help of another friend. I've always enjoyed creating art and taking photos. Life changing events like these sometimes spur you in a different direction. It hasn't been an easy journey, though, to have to sometimes stop to ask yourself what you are doing. And to continue to believe in yourself and hope that you can carve out a new road for yourself.

I've shared this over the last few days, I had to carried the weight of the defamation suit but in my heart, I've put it to rest. The $150,000 is going to be difficult to pay off since I do not have a fixed income and it's only tricking in very slowly.

But what's important, at the end of the day, is that we are happy, we know we have done the right thing, our conscience is clear and this allows us to live our lives in as peaceful a manner, and as happy as can be.

No matter what, I think what was done has gone some way to improve the lives of people. And I am grateful.

And it is heartening when you get compliments from people you work with which gives you the confidence that you are doing things right. Thank you, Takagi Ramen, for giving us the opportunity to work with you.

I will have to discuss with my lawyer on my next steps on the defamation suit. Will update in the next few days.

Meanwhile, do have a good weekend. Christmas is next week! Here's wishing everyone a blessed holiday! smile emoticon

12256_10153390789759141_8008240904882900698_n.jpg

Photo taken by Yun You

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Roy shared a post on his FB, and I am very happy to learn that he has taken the damages with the right attitude and in the right spirit :smile:

https://www.facebook.com/sexiespider?fref=ts

This is me carrying the bowl of ramen (picture shown below) that I was styling for a photoshoot yesterday. A friend and I were taking photos for Takagi Ramen's new menu.

With the help of two friends, I've ventured into photography and videography as a career. Finally can turn my artistic eye into good use!

Sometimes, things might come as a blessing in disguise. I was sued, lost my job, was charged and had to pay a fine, and would now be required to pay the Singapore prime minister $150,000.

It seems like the past more than a year has been a roller coaster ride. I feel most guilty for putting my family, especially my parents, through this. They didn't have to go through this, but I kept hoping that for the good of the country, things will get better.

I am really thankful my parents have been such a pillar of strength. They are the people I care the most now in this world. They were also the reason I cried in court. I am amazed by their resilience and I am grateful for them for being there for me, and for bringing me up.

In a way, having things unsettled in my life caused me to relook my priorities. It also allowed me to venture into developing my artistic skills, also with the help of another friend. I've always enjoyed creating art and taking photos. Life changing events like these sometimes spur you in a different direction. It hasn't been an easy journey, though, to have to sometimes stop to ask yourself what you are doing. And to continue to believe in yourself and hope that you can carve out a new road for yourself.

I've shared this over the last few days, I had to carried the weight of the defamation suit but in my heart, I've put it to rest. The $150,000 is going to be difficult to pay off since I do not have a fixed income and it's only tricking in very slowly.

But what's important, at the end of the day, is that we are happy, we know we have done the right thing, our conscience is clear and this allows us to live our lives in as peaceful a manner, and as happy as can be.

No matter what, I think what was done has gone some way to improve the lives of people. And I am grateful.

And it is heartening when you get compliments from people you work with which gives you the confidence that you are doing things right. Thank you, Takagi Ramen, for giving us the opportunity to work with you.

I will have to discuss with my lawyer on my next steps on the defamation suit. Will update in the next few days.

Meanwhile, do have a good weekend. Christmas is next week! Here's wishing everyone a blessed holiday! smile emoticon

12256_10153390789759141_8008240904882900698_n.jpg

Photo taken by Yun You

Roy, move on with your new found passion. Forget about the past. Start a new chapter of your life.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Your gay pm is in public office and is not in a private company or mnc.. By suing his own citizen, it tells so much about him as a person in PUBLIC.

Even if your gay pm feels that roy is wronged about him.. Then prove to the whole country that he didn't do it and be transparent on all the cpf dealings.. The citizens have the right to know too.

But your gay pm didn't do it.. He dare not show the whole balance sheet of cpf since the beginning of cpf years ago.. And there is no case for Roy to be sue for damages.

Our good PM does not have to prove anything. Under the law, if you make an allegation against someone, it is your duty to prove it. Roy has no proof. Hence, his allegation was baseless. That was why the case went into summary judgement against Roy, and whatever legal dispute thereafter was about how much to compensate our PM, and not whether Roy's allegation had any truth in it.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
Roy, move on with your new found passion. Forget about the past. Start a new chapter of your life.

pity that a first class honours grad from NUS end up in jobs that do not need rigorous study/training............. what has sg become?? A haven for f trashes with fake degrees and claiming common public spaces as their without doing NS and subletting apartments to make more money at our expense

our NSmen still need to protect these shitizens who
voted PAP in........... WTF

sg is either on the way or in cesspool already.................better let ISIS come in at least we can enjoy the torture of papigs first

kiwibird7

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who regularly sues for defamation in Sg??
That's your answer

There is a special term for those who use the courts often to abuse their power by using LITIGATION to "FIX" up their adversaries who usually lack any equal standing in terms of power, money and prestige to fight back effectively.

Vexatious litigation is legal action which is brought, regardless of its merits, solely to harass or subdue an adversary. It may take the form of a primary frivolous lawsuit or may be the repetitive, burdensome, and unwarranted filing of meritless motions in a matter which is otherwise a meritorious cause of action. Filing vexatious litigation is considered an abuse of the judicial process

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vexatious_litigation

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Who regularly sues for defamation in Sg??
That's your answer

If opposition cocksuckers refrain from making baseless defamatory statements, there would be no need to sue them. Chiam was not sued for defamation in his long political career as an opposition MP. He in fact successfully sued PAP politicians for defamation.

Opposition perennial loser GMS has also resorted to threats of defamation lawsuits in the recent past against people who criticised him on facebook.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Our good PM does not have to prove anything. Under the law, if you make an allegation against someone, it is your duty to prove it. Roy has no proof. Hence, his allegation was baseless. That was why the case went into summary judgement against Roy, and whatever legal dispute thereafter was about how much to compensate our PM, and not whether Roy's allegation had any truth in it.

when pm sued roy,isnt he making a allegation that roy's allegation is false?the burden of proof should be on pm lee no?if it went straight to summary trial without the pm ever proving that roy's allegation are false,anyone can sue for the same allegations again no?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
when pm sued roy,isnt he making a allegation that roy's allegation is false?the burden of proof should be on pm lee no?if it went straight to summary trial without the pm ever proving that roy's allegation are false,anyone can sue for the same allegations again no?

Your tactic to complicate matters only works in cyberspace, not the real world.

When you accuse someone of dishonesty, you need to back it up with concrete evidence. Roy had no concrete evidence. Hence, the case went to summary trial. That's the way the law works.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Your tactic to complicate matters only works in cyberspace, not the real world.

When you accuse someone of dishonesty, you need to back it up with concrete evidence. Roy had no concrete evidence. Hence, the case went to summary trial. That's the way the law works.

but roy never sued the prime minister nor take any form of action,only the prime minister did,and going straight to summary trial without going thru the process of the law is a abuse of the judiciary and the country's constitution,regardless of what the plaintiff's or the defandant's status is.this is making a mockery of our country,saying our entire system and laws can be subjugated to one's pleasing and liking.turning us into a circus act or kangaroo court.

[video=youtube;CJinWua98NA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJinWua98NA[/video]

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
but roy never sued the prime minister nor take any form of action,only the prime minister did,and going straight to summary trial without going thru the process of the law is a abuse of the judiciary and the country's constitution,regardless of what the plaintiff's or the defandant's status is.this is making a mockery of our country,saying our entire system and laws can be subjugated to one's pleasing and liking.turning us into a circus act or kangaroo court.

Roy is more than welcome to sue the PM for any dishonest act, provided he has concrete evidence to back up his allegations.

I am also getting tired of your ignorance. Roy's case went straight to summary judgement against himself because Roy has no concrete evidence to back up his allegations. How can you anyhow accuse someone of stealing money when you have no evidence? That is all right with you?