• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vince, the Asus AC68U is a MONSTER..... In terms of speed and size..... If the wireless coverage is such then I would think it would cover my HOUSE and Garden probably the NEIGHBOURS also..... I could definetly stream movies on my portable devices in the garden!!!! The price is also monster in proportion RM 900!!!! May I enquire if you got it here or from Sg? Cost if you are comfortable to tell also where from? Got this website in my research for more Infor on the ASUS AC68U.... Hope you find it useful if not just for Infor... http://www.shaolintiger.com/2014/03/17/asus-rt-ac68u-keeps-rebooting-restarting/
I bought it in Best Denki Singapore; price was $359, but I had some free vouchers so only had to pay $278 for it. The same router in Low Yat KL cost around RM829 (check out lowyat.net for price list).
My firmware is the latest dated May 2014; never faced any rebooting issues. It has been running straight for more than 3 days now.

image-2456299270.jpg

Radiation-wise, I'm not so worried... Maybe because I haven't studied about wireless radiation... Hehe

Mummymoo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I bought it in Best Denki Singapore; price was $359, but I had some free vouchers so only had to pay $278 for it. The same router in Low Yat KL cost around RM829 (check out lowyat.net for price list).
My firmware is the latest dated May 2014; never faced any rebooting issues. It has been running straight for more than 3 days now.

View attachment 15422

Radiation-wise, I'm not so worried... Maybe because I haven't studied about wireless radiation... Hehe

Is this not a plug-and-play device?

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vincent and Pioneer thank you for sharing.
I am currently going through my 2nd wireless router with TM. The 1st router got "fried" when we experienced a particularly 'fierce' thunder storm late last year in HH. I am not particularly impress by the TM supplied wifi router. Thought of going for the LINKSYS EA4500 but kept putting it off..... But having read the reviews for the ASUS AC68, I'm leaning towards the later.
Pioneer's alternative is very tempting but it means having to "fiddle" with live wires and that always gives me the "willeys".... (Bad experience with electrics when was much younger).... More cautious now when it comes to dealing with "live" wires..... Yes, I could get an electrician...

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is this not a plug-and-play device?
Not exactly p&p because I wanted to use this router to replace the Maxis wireless router that was given. I haven't gotten around to doing that yet because of the lack of time. For now, I'm using this router as an access point and my ext HDD is connected to it.

Vincent and Pioneer thank you for sharing. I am currently going through my 2nd wireless router with TM. The 1st router got "fried" when we experienced a particularly 'fierce' thunder storm late last year in HH. I am not particularly impress by the TM supplied wifi router. Thought of going for the LINKSYS EA4500 but kept putting it off..... But having read the reviews for the ASUS AC68, I'm leaning towards the later. Pioneer's alternative is very tempting but it means having to "fiddle" with live wires and that always gives me the "willeys".... (Bad experience with electrics when was much younger).... More cautious now when it comes to dealing with "live" wires..... Yes, I could get an electrician...
Another thing to consider is the possible interference with data signals going through power lines. I didn't have good experience with Aztech's Homeplug, but it could just be that Aztech products are lower in quality. My next step is to test this Asus router in the storeroom and have all my LAN cables connect to it.

I managed to wire my house during renovation, but 2 out of 5 LAN cables pulled are not working. A bit frustrating and angry with the contractor and myself. My IT colleague said I should have pulled a pair of cables for every point, to be used as backup.

leongyo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Renovation done. Now for the CLEAN UP before moving in...any bros/sis have any good contacts to share?
Vendors who basically handle everything from washing the toilet to making sure the floors are cleaned and window grills wiped, etc...

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Aztech home plugs are quite OK for me.
No setup configuration and messy cables.

Great for me. Couldn't ask for anything more. If not fussy about download speeds then get the cheapest ones. I think sing less then 20 bucks each.

mimigillsg

Just moved to our new home. Any recommendations for a window film provider to prevent the heat from the Sun rays from shining through to my living room glass windows. Please do share and any recommendations for the film that I should select.

Chloe88

Hi crystal.我也是被這個eric騙了Rm1700。說第二天還我。真的死沒良心的傢伙!這次他是用感情騙局!請問可以私聊嗎?
你有沒有他的聯絡號碼?這裡我有幾個號碼都是接不通的。

Chloe88

Eric Ng hock guan cheat my money too ! Rm1700! But he use fake Chinese name as 黃偉聰!and also fake picture! Now he is active at jb sutera mall area!

kiteman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,
Anyone engaged SunTec Alarm to install alarm system ? Any feedback ? I am considering either Paradox of Blueguard. I think either one should be good enough. Many thanks for any advice.

Saw another company Pro Tech Alarm which seems to be specializing in Paradox but can't find much info about them.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi crystal.我也是被這個eric騙了Rm1700。說第二天還我。真的死沒良心的傢伙!這次他是用感情騙局!請問可以私聊嗎?
你有沒有他的聯絡號碼?這裡我有幾個號碼都是接不通的。

Hi chole

I didnt use this contractor at all , i just shared out the info as some of the NI residents were cheated by him some time ago ....
u mean now this Eric still able to cheat ppl when his news has been broadcasted ?
RM1700 is not a big amount , so i suggest you just let it go , dun waste yr time ....

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,
Anyone engaged SunTec Alarm to install alarm system ? Any feedback ? I am considering either Paradox of Blueguard. I think either one should be good enough. Many thanks for any advice.

Saw another company Pro Tech Alarm which seems to be specializing in Paradox but can't find much info about them.

I used Suntec Alarm, and installed Bluguard. So far, I don't really see any issues for nearly 1 year now. Then again, I am not exactly v particular abt alarm systems....

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who are looking into Interior Design/renovating your home, you may want to put your ideas down on a freeware, Sweet Home 3D(http://www.sweethome3d.com/). Although the libraries do not provide a very comprehensive set of "furniture", it can nonetheless help you "visualise" your design in 3D. From my experience, this can facilitate finalising the design between spouses quickly.

Starting with a proposed 2D layout from the ID, I can easily re-create this in SH3D on a PC. The 3D view of the design was then projected on a large TV screen for viewing and discussing with my wife. Any changes on the PC were simultaneously reflected on the large TV screen, discussed, revised further until finalised. We came up with alternatives which were then sent to the IDs for their professional inputs/comments before deciding.

The IDs will probably use some paid and more sophisticated software to ply their trade. If they agree to install the SH3D freeware, this can, in my view, greatly facilitate a better understanding between you and the ID, since there will be limited face time due to the challenge of cross border travel.

SandySwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Sandy

Love the woodwork. May I know did you use 1 contractor for all the timber work? Do you engage an ID or you do the coordination among the contractors?

Had my car porch laid with tiles in this pattern and lined with pebbles stones. Its kind of cool i think.cant upload. On my wordpress.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those who are looking into Interior Design/renovating your home, you may want to put your ideas down on a freeware, Sweet Home 3D(http://www.sweethome3d.com/). Although the libraries do not provide a very comprehensive set of "furniture", it can nonetheless help you "visualise" your design in 3D. From my experience, this can facilitate finalising the design between spouses quickly.

Starting with a proposed 2D layout from the ID, I can easily re-create this in SH3D on a PC. The 3D view of the design was then projected on a large TV screen for viewing and discussing with my wife. Any changes on the PC were simultaneously reflected on the large TV screen, discussed, revised further until finalised. We came up with alternatives which were then sent to the IDs for their professional inputs/comments before deciding.

The IDs will probably use some paid and more sophisticated software to ply their trade. If they agree to install the SH3D freeware, this can, in my view, greatly facilitate a better understanding between you and the ID, since there will be limited face time due to the challenge of cross border travel.

fantastic. at the very least you can take a photo or video of your design and share with the contractor.

Jevil

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro n sis.... i m not sure if this is the correct forum to ask my questuon. I juz finish renovating my house. I did chg the tang ki for better water presuure. Now my house flooded with water from first floor dripped thru my kitchen false ceiling to ground floor. Setia refused to settle for us even though we r still under 36 mths warranty... reason being we add on tang ki. They said SAJ approved the house before handover. Are they right to say that huh? The water pipe burst on the first floor toilet. Best part is..... is a wkend home only not much usage de..... so vex now. Can someone enlighten me?