• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does anybody have any experience or comments on the following 2 Interior Designers:
1. GDX Interior;
2. SK Interior?

Many thanks.

Pioneer123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Extremely messy and costly. Have to remove TV feature wall as well as the cabinets that are attached. Not a "small job". I was told by another contractor it will take at least a week. The expression "vomit blood" comes to mind :*: :mad:.......
Hope your Cat and electrical cables are OK.

I am using these to avoid hacking the walls to run cables. Wont get gigabit speeds but is plenty fast enough for what I need.

http://www.powerethernet.com/product/description.html

Pioneer123

Alfrescian
Loyal
I already have wireless in the house so I don't need these, and they look a bit ugly protruding from a socket and they use a mains socket which can be annoying.
I use the powerethernet devices where I need a permanent fast Ethernet connection (they are faster than wireless) for my servers and media distribution around the house.

But each to their own :smile:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
I already have wireless in the house so I don't need these, and they look a bit ugly protruding from a socket and they use a mains socket which can be annoying.
I use the powerethernet devices where I need a permanent fast Ethernet connection (they are faster than wireless) for my servers and media distribution around the house.

I hate wires around the house.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am using these to avoid hacking the walls to run cables. Wont get gigabit speeds but is plenty fast enough for what I need.

http://www.powerethernet.com/product/description.html

Hi Pioneer, this sounds interesting, like you I have wireless in the house BUT in one area I need a permanent fast Ethernet connection.... ( haha sounds familiar...) So where can I get this 'Powerethernet' Please don't say London......

Pioneer123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Grago, I'm afraid it is UK. If you look on the powerethernet website under "where to buy" they have a list of sellers but all in UK.

I haven't found anywhere in Singapore that does a nice outlet with built in 2 or 4 port router. I had to bite the bullet and get them to deliver to Singapore, but they look really nice and much better than plugging something in the wall socket.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Grago, I'm afraid it is UK. If you look on the powerethernet website under "where to buy" they have a list of sellers but all in UK.

I haven't found anywhere in Singapore that does a nice outlet with built in 2 or 4 port router. I had to bite the bullet and get them to deliver to Singapore, but they look really nice and much better than plugging something in the wall socket.
Can I use just one Powerethernet socket to plug in my Ethernet products or a pair, so that the other socket is linked to the router?
Reason I am asking is becos, the Ethernet outlet that I have is "dead" and the wires is buried ( explained in previous post). Looking for an alternative way to connect my electronics, Media to the internet. Am using wireless but it's not working for me!!!!!
So your post is "light in the dark".... and getting it from London is not an issue if this will solve my problem.

Last edited:

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I suggest a more powerful wifi router like Asus RT-AC68U or RT-Nxx series? That should help to eliminate dead spots in the house.

I bought the AC68U and connected it via LAN cable from my storeroom to my upstairs bedroom. The wifi signal is able to reach my entire house, even my guest room downstairs. Although the signal in the guest room is weaker because of the walls and floor/ceiling separating the 2 rooms.

image-2973420736.jpg

Pioneer123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can I use just one Powerethernet socket to plug in my Ethernet products or a pair, so that the other socket is linked to the router?
Reason I am asking is becos, the Ethernet outlet that I have is "dead" and the wires is buried ( explained in previous post). Looking for an alternative way to connect my electronics, Media to the internet. Am using wireless but it's not working for me!!!!!
So your post is "light in the dark".... and getting it from London is not an issue if this will solve my problem.

You need a pair as the router that is built into the socket has the necessary electronics and safety equipment to connect to the house wiring mains (230V AC). If you didn't have one at each end how would you connect to the mains wiring?

Pioneer123

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I suggest a more powerful wifi router like Asus RT-AC68U or RT-Nxx series? That should help to eliminate dead spots in the house.

I bought the AC68U and connected it via LAN cable from my storeroom to my upstairs bedroom. The wifi signal is able to reach my entire house, even my guest room downstairs. Although the signal in the guest room is weaker because of the walls and floor/ceiling separating the 2 rooms.

View attachment 15414

Thanks for sharing. I have not found a wireless router that can manage the throughput I need. It is not a matter of coverage but speed. The media I send around the house is multiple 1080p HD video streams and 192/24 bit HD music (this in itself is peaking 10MB/s) which is all too much for Wireless.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing. I have not found a wireless router that can manage the throughput I need. It is not a matter of coverage but speed. The media I send around the house is multiple 1080p HD video streams and 192/24 bit HD music (this in itself is peaking 10MB/s) which is all too much for Wireless.

Just use a thumbdrive.

vincentck

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bro, I'm not sure what specs or speed you need and also because your house layout is different from mine. But I'm able to play the HD movie in my ext HDD (connected to that router) on my media room TV, with no lag or playback hanging. I guess it helps that the router in my master room is above my media room. I haven't tried multiple HD videos yet.

BTW, the wireless speeds for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz is 450Mbps and 1300Mbps respectively on normal hardware.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Vince, the Asus AC68U is a MONSTER..... In terms of speed and size..... If the wireless coverage is such then I would think it would cover my HOUSE and Garden probably the NEIGHBOURS also..... I could definetly stream movies on my portable devices in the garden!!!! The price is also monster in proportion RM 900!!!!
May I enquire if you got it here or from Sg? Cost if you are comfortable to tell also where from?
Got this website in my research for more Infor on the ASUS AC68U.... Hope you find it useful if not just for Infor... http://www.shaolintiger.com/2014/03/17/asus-rt-ac68u-keeps-rebooting-restarting/