• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Reform Party: Ex SAF scholar joins Reform Party. Time to stop the Reform?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like you realised that nobody brought up that he was SAFOS.

You obviously have severe comprehension problems.

TT is an old ejected failure + nobody to begin with. The 2 qualities are linked actually. Its because of his age that we know whether he has failed or succeeded and in his case, was failed

Anyway I have answered in various points in my previous post. I'm not going to waste more letters on your comprehension problems.

yourdaddy

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have not answered my question on why the need to use the PAP yardstick of choosing scholars..
You dun understand Eng? the SMS bit raised by people here, are ===> no big deal.

The failure part? See for yourself. You don't understand Eng? You are impressed with him? I and some others are not. Can?
As you have already said, how many of these scholars chosen in the past stink to high heavens when they were actually put thru the grist?
Are you sure? When you say that is it your personal feelings with whatever you feel about the state of Singapore or the state of governance? If so I have nothing to say, but any smart man knows that only a stupid man would oversimplify his thoughts or believe that whatever he sees, is the direct result of one person in the chain of processes. As though it was one of the OMS scholar standing outside Mas Selamat's cell holding his keys that day and letting him out for a stroll.

Objectively, stats-wise, the opposite to your belief is true. The bosses that manage the system decided and regarded well a larger number of the sum total of the president's and other top PSC (SAFOS, SPFOS, OMS) scholars ever produced than those that are not. Who's to judge them? You may think its you but its them. It's their boss which is the system.

Be that as it may, give the Opp chaps a chance. The RP has got these 2, the WP has got Giam. It's already a trickle. The trickle will become a stream, which will become a torrent over time. When the Old Man kicks the bucket, the shit will hit the fan. And the PAP may not be able to hold back its top scholars from crossing over to the Oppo.

Even so-called 'revolutionaries' like VB and Raymond Lim, Tharmam...after joining their ranks, invariably became one of their kind, so successful is their mind conditioning. One can't fight the system from outside, esp when you want to question the fundamentals, the first principles.

I agree with your last sentence. And I know many scholars who feel the same way too. Unfortunately they don't have political desires.

Change and improvement can be brought about as a non-partisan policy maker, remember that.

With the crap recent induction to the PAP, the bulk of the talent is concentrated in the non partisan policy makers. Not the politicians. But ultimately the PS answers to a politician.. so.. But at least none of the MP-duds I despise most, have made Minister. And judging from their calibre, I doubt they will ever unless PAP is really that desperate one day.

Last edited:

yourdaddy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looks like you realised that nobody brought up that he was SAFOS.

Nobody brought up he's SAFOS because he is not.

What people brought up is that he is not SAFOS. and is no big deal. And they brought up that he was a failure.

He got a SAF Merit Scholarship, not the Overseas Scholarship.

Not a big deal but still a plus for the Reform Party.

Well done!

And a lot more posts in this thread. I am too lazy to do your job. Go sieve through all the post from Page 1 until latest post where people brought up that he is 1) no big deal or 2) a failure or 3) ejected by the system. This example is from Page 1. HAve fun!

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I seek to understand yr term 'ejected failure'. Just because he was 'ejected' by the PAP, does it make him a 'failure'? Einstein was rejected by Princeton. Do you know why TT was 'ejected'? Are reasons and facts of his past not important before you jump the gun and become judgmental? Does it make him a failed eject?

C'mon, do you realise that you're just mouthing the same PAP shit about their scholars system for selecting govt leaders? Yr infantile mind has obviously been a great white canvas for the PAP to have so successfully etched its propaganda and indoctrination on what's good and what's bad, that you can shout their shit much better than they can.

You obviously have severe comprehension problems.

TT is an old ejected failure + nobody to begin with. The 2 qualities are linked actually. Its because of his age that we know whether he has failed or succeeded and in his case, was failed

Anyway I have answered in various points in my previous post. I'm not going to waste more letters on your comprehension problems.

yourdaddy

Alfrescian
Loyal
To add, Im not sure if you know, majority of the Apex in both public and private sectors have no hesitation taking on policy making roles. Thats why you have so many people who covet and are awarded the scholarships and happy and passionate about serving the armed forces, police, serving the people, working in the ministries, climbing the corporate ladder in the private sector (working for themselves). It is that LEAP into the politics that are the barrier of entry to change.

This has resulted in a pool of eager beavers, out of whom many are duds. Thats why you have so many people at Parl Sec and MOS level who are total idiots but are drawing high salaries because of the willingness to play politics.

IR123

Alfrescian
Loyal
You mean LTK is evil/impotent?

LTK is not evil.

As to whether he is impotent in political terms, you need to answer these questions:

How long has he been in politics?

How long has he an established power base?

How long has he led WP as the top man?

What has he achieved during this time?

What can he achieve in the coming Elections?

When can he achieve more than 1 seat in Parliament (other than those given to his political party by the PAP)?

Finally, will enthusiastic competent people who joined his party achieve entry into Parliament under his leadership?

Will they do better by themselves in single ward constituencies?

Given LTK's track record, will they do worse?

yourdaddy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry, I actually know Einstein's life quite well. Can you pls tell me more about how and when he was rejected by Princeton?

Oh btw he was in Princeton as a Prof

It was about the time he started on the Manhattan Project. Pls do tell me when he was rejected by Princton thanks.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
My conclusion about you is that you have something personal against TT.

You are also becoming incoherent and trying to fudge the issues.

You dun understand Eng? the SMS bit raised by people here, are ===> no big deal.

The failure part? See for yourself. You don't understand Eng? You are impressed with him? I and some others are not. Can?
Are you sure? When you say that is it your personal feelings with whatever you feel about the state of Singapore or the state of governance? If so I have nothing to say, but any smart man knows that only a stupid man would oversimplify his thoughts or believe that whatever he sees, is the direct result of one person in the chain of processes. As though it was one of the OMS scholar standing outside Mas Selamat's cell holding his keys that day and letting him out for a stroll.

Objectively, stats-wise, the opposite to your belief is true. The bosses that manage the system decided and regarded well a larger number of the sum total of the president's and other top PSC (SAFOS, SPFOS, OMS) scholars ever produced than those that are not. Who's to judge them? You may think its you but its them. It's their boss which is the system.

I agree with your last sentence. And I know many scholars who feel the same way too. Unfortunately they don't have political desires.

Change and improvement can be brought about as a non-partisan policy maker, remember that.

With the crap recent induction to the PAP, the bulk of the talent is concentrated in the non partisan policy makers. Not the politicians. But ultimately the PS answers to a politician.. so.. But at least none of the MP-duds I despise most, have made Minister. And judging from their calibre, I doubt they will ever unless PAP is really that desperate one day.

yourdaddy

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can't change the fact that there are people who think he is 1) a big deal or 2) a failure. YOu can't take it, but guess what, we don't care.

You can accuse me of using PAP's formula or whatever, like who cares. We don't. Its just too bad for you. I can't even be bothered to analyse. We can feel however we feel. We're not accountable to you on how we should feel about TT. And you even resorted to dragging Einstein in to promote SMS short failure TT. Hahaha

yourdaddy

Alfrescian
Loyal
LTK is not evil.

As to whether he is impotent in political terms, you need to answer these questions:

How long has he been in politics?

How long has he an established power base?

How long has he led WP as the top man?

What has he achieved during this time?

What can he achieve in the coming Elections?

When can he achieve more than 1 seat in Parliament (other than those given to his political party by the PAP)?

Finally, will enthusiastic competent people who joined his party achieve entry into Parliament under his leadership?

Will they do better by themselves in single ward constituencies?

Given LTK's track record, will they do worse?

Speaking of this IR123, what happened to Sylvia Lim? Isn't she under the WP and what happened to her after she was touted to the Next Big Change back then..oh god how long ago was that seems like donkey yrs back when I was actually young

yourdaddy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Einstein was a professor at the University of Zurich, German University of Prague and Federal Institute of Technology in Zurich, before he moved to the US. In Europe, he laboured on his theory of relativity. In 1919, he received the recognition when his theory of Relativity was confirmed by British astronomer. He received the Nobel prize for Physics a few yrs after and was literally, the first celebrity scientist the world ever had.

He was idolised in a huge way and mobbed by crowds and fans in Europe and whenever he went to the US. That was also why he had the opportunity for many dalliances with women.

He went to the US to escape the Nazi purging of Jews and went to Princeton where he could focus on his research and his mistresses. One of the reasons he chose Princeton over the other prestigious schools was how he fell in love with the Princeton grounds and New Jersey. He took up American citizenship shortly, less than 2 years after he went to Princeton. Einsten was an FT too. :oIo:

lockeliberal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scroo

Interesting person :_)) He seems more concerned with the dilution in the scholarships through giving out more lesser scholarships to in his view less deserving people then with the prestige of the Apex itself which he feels sacred and still meritocratic.

He seems totally oblivious to the view here that even the current APEX of the system can be gamed and is dependent to a large degree on the likings and dislikes of your bosses or older Scholars up the chain and was dismissive of the one or two cases I cited as an extreme and an outlier.

Ok granted the chatter and rumbles I hear are more mid level and definitely not within the APEX and perhaps he sits at the very top and believes that he got there or they got there by pure merit and less politicking.

What is your view then ?

Locke

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes it's true he was given the chair of prof at Princeton later on in life.

What I came across somewhere was he was rejected when he tried to get admitted into Princeton as a student.

But I may stand corrected on this.

Sorry, I actually know Einstein's life quite well. Can you pls tell me more about how and when he was rejected by Princeton?

Oh btw he was in Princeton as a Prof

It was about the time he started on the Manhattan Project. Pls do tell me when he was rejected by Princton thanks.

yourdaddy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes it's true he was given the chair of prof at Princeton later on in life.

What I came across somewhere was he was rejected when he tried to get admitted into Princeton as a student.

But I may stand corrected on this.

He never applied to Princeton as a student.

yourdaddy

Alfrescian
Loyal
TT was in SAF, and not AS, couldn't game squat. Being an SMS, he was not admitted to the AS.

Someone's awfully quiet when asked to substantiate his example of his friend who "didn't make it". I'm amused by the lengths that some people would go to promote someone else they're apparently not related to (unless they are RP members), including bashing entire systems (as opposed to sample size of ONE- clear cut failure hahahahahah) and dragging scientists in etc.The bad english is tolerable. What is really funny the dogged determination to lynch and implicate everyone and everything against any detractor to your buay kan-ness. AS IF its NOT our God-given right to feel that any politician is buay kan, CMI, failure or no big deal. What oppression. ..one of those ridiculously rare times when I'm forced to believe PAP is here for a reason.

Entire batches faceless people of more than hundreds you don't know stink to high heavens come to the grist to promote one short failure whose CV everyone knows and left the service as MAJ in his mid 30s? On behalf of my friends.. Up Your..

Last edited:

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have got nothing at stake here. I can take it. I am just saying that
the scholar system is faulty anyway, so some you win some you lose. No matter. I am also saying what the PAP accepted is not nec gems and what they rejected are nec duds.

Differences of opinions make for horse races.

Time will tell whether TT will make it.

You can't change the fact that there are people who think he is 1) a big deal or 2) a failure. YOu can't take it, but guess what, we don't care.

yourdaddy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are you sure you have nothing at stake? I'm not the only one who feels what I feel about TT.obviously it is NOT SO UNIQUE..I need not say more. Everyone can decide for themselves whether you are RP members, supporters or just vaguely related to TT in any way.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hahaha...what you said abt TT doesnt make a dent in me.

I was simply aghast at why you were so up in arms over this guy and had to summon up the story of the whole SAFOS scheme to malign the guy.

On the contrary, you seem to have a stake in this and sounded like a crazy PAP defender. Praising to high heavens what the PAP does and has, and poof-pooh and scorn what the Opp does and has.

Another 50 years of PAP stink, and Singapore indeed will be sinkieland with thousands of you running around.

Are you sure you have nothing at stake? I'm not the only one who feels what I feel about TT.obviously it is NOT SO UNIQUE..I need not say more. Everyone can decide for themselves whether you are RP members, supporters or just vaguely related to TT in any way.

yourdaddy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have got nothing at stake here. I can take it. I am just saying that
the scholar system is faulty anyway, so some you win some you lose. No matter. I am also saying what the PAP accepted is not nec gems and what they rejected are nec duds.

Differences of opinions make for horse races.

Time will tell whether TT will make it.

obviously nothing is 100%. Out of the hits, some of them also don't want to stay. So end result of hits is lower than 100%. This, I'm sure is expected by whoever administering the system. All I did was correct what you said about an entire system - there is a larger number of hits than duds, which is why it's still in place. You wanna talk system? We have to talk sysmetic terms.

You wanna talk about that one guy? Sample size is one and easy to zero in. And its free game for every voter to form their opinion, especially based on their own knowledge, experiences, who they know,..various factors.

If u're not an RP member..hmmm..maybe its just a case of you not knowing the people I happen to know whom i heard were courted politically or who people say are good candidates, and they make TT look totally totally bad. And so to you TT is very acceptable or above average or even so fabulous that Einstein was warranted in the conversation. U know the other thing about Einstein being a slow kid? Its also an urban legend. He was smarter than his teachers that when he faced with a maths prob he thought about how else to solve it other than the straight way even though he oredy got the answer in his mind.

u think he's so good u vote for him then. thats what the vote is for. its free game for everyone else too. I want to vote for the opposition but I want them to be better.