• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Queenstown Today

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hehehe. now can see liaoz. this look like 7am sg time. hehehe
alexander see bai bor. guys trust me, if can choose see bai bor, i choose this one. although very old liaoz, but surrounded by greenery. very good for recovering. hehehe. me proud resident there twice. :p

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Spent my growing up years here bro. Special place indeed.
hehehe, nw, this is one of the old housing estate where alot of residents sleep im the living room with the wooden doors wide openes with only metal gates locked. everyone know each other. but my last visit there about 1.5 years, made me feel like a stranger. other than a few old neighbours, the rest are fts or new sinkee neighbors.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Got a few more videos and photos to post, please be patient with me allow me to enjoy my two bottles of fabulous wine in Dempsey first. Cheers.

20130417_222632.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Bro he must be with cewek dats why not drunk but if cowok that the frog half drunk:biggrin:

Kermit hangs around with miss piggy....hee hee

Guys guys guys. Sometimes one just cannot disagree with Tonychat that its very difficult to accept Singaporean women especially coming from the place I come from. So hokkien I wasn't with any cewek and if I do then it will most likely not be Singapore cewek. And Pii Narong where you and me come from, very difficult to find any piggy right or not? Everyone looks like from the same factory slim and delicious, 该大的大该小的小 dio bo?

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
So what food was I looking for last evening in Alexandra Village? Before that lets have a look at the hawker centre now, hope it brings back some memories for some of you

[video=youtube;nBleh3edlno]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBleh3edlno[/video]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
OK fellas this was what I was looking for

[video=youtube;6mRfYc8uRCg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mRfYc8uRCg[/video]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Before I headed out for my wine in Dempsey last night I thought I'd go into Queensway Shopping Centre to take a video to show everyone for old time sake. Sadat Store and Salem & Sons are still there, here's the 5mins video, enjoy, you may see some familiar faces -

[video=youtube;-CjiKc3piJE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CjiKc3piJE[/video]

sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Queenstown Bowl is no more (you can still see it intact on Google Maps street view, image taken on March 2009).

I can fondly remember a good Chinese restaurant at or near the Queenstown Cinema. When I was a kid (early 1990s), I went there with my parents to attend a wedding dinner. It had a BIG stage with a large projection screen that played karaoke songs. Guests could go up and sing in front of everyone. Many adults and kids sang Sally Yeh's 瀟灑走一回 as it was a very popular song then.

As of now, I have attended many wedding dinners, from the obscure restaurants at Boon Lay, Chinatown, Queenstown, Concourse etc to the more posh ones (Fullerton, Mariott, Copthorne, Sheraton, Mandarin). Only that particular restaurant at Queenstown still brings back fond memories after so many years. No other restaurant had guests singing karaoke as entertainment. Sometimes there would be a live band, or a hired celeb emcee, but that's it.

The only bowling alley nearest to Queenstown and outside of the city area is probably the one at West Coast Recreation Centre.

Yup attended a wedding dinner there too agree with you after so many years still remember that place.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
should pop n video what's going on in mei ling hc which is like a deader town after upgrading. do show everyone how many stalls remain closed probably bankrupted by higher rentals :(

let's rekindlei, activate and motivate P.A.U. - people against upgrading.

STUCK_HERE

Alfrescian
Loyal
All photos taken from MRT train,

3d98ff7d.jpg

Tah ChunOng Departmental Store bus-stop. Behind the green space used to be Tah Chung and further is what used to be the food centre. See the road behing the bus-stop? Used to be carpark of TAH Chung.

f7052450.jpg

2-Storey market, see behind building is the Q'town Polyclinic. Van driving on same carpark drive way from Tah Chung.

48513a70.jpg

Q'town Cinema & Bowl, NTUC is gone, blk 39A (bird shop) is gone. Now could see Q'town library clearly. Strange why cidnema still don't tear down.
Oi fuck back to Thailand man. I thought you fuck off from this forum.