• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Queenstown Today

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
To direct a member to a particlular message, click on the post number [in this cases #60] and then copy and paste the post url into your message.

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?110796-Queenstown-Today&p=972425#post972425

Thank you Sam. Hey I still no news about my D-MAX, only know they promised me before Songkrang water festival on Apr/12. Carrying a bunch of these will be fun

songkran2.jpg

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
SIN KEE at mei ling hc is run by the son of the original sin kee which is located at the the margaret dr dome-shaped ex-market. the original by the father still maintain palatable standard while that from the son is very mediocre.

one has to be informed that their chicken rice doesn't come with the usual chicken soup - meaning when u order your plate of chicken there is NO soup. so don't wait for it to come or even ask for it.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SIN KEE at mei ling hc is run by the son of the original sin kee which is located at the the margaret dr dome-shaped ex-market. the original by the father still maintain palatable standard while that from the son is very mediocre.

one has to be informed that their chicken rice doesn't come with the usual chicken soup - meaning when u order your plate of chicken there is NO soup. so don't wait for it to come or even ask for it.
the reason for this is that they already use the soup to cook the rice.....
why others can but they cannot?

A little trivia....the CK Tang clan used to eat at this stall every Sunday afternoon after nearby church service...

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This trip back home is very satisfying. I've accomplished more than I've expected on my work and also been able to 'walk down' memory lanes of my old Queenstown. Sigh I really missed my childhood days and the old Queenstown which is note lost forever. Thank you all of you who contributed to this thread that gave me such warm feelings. Bye guys.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's a very good lormee stall at Bukit Merah HC, in between old HDB and interchange, further across the highway is CMPB. I always ate the lormee there whenever I have business to deal with HDB or CMPB. I haven't been there for many years, don't know if the stall is still running.

It still there. Just eaten the lor mee 2 weeks ago

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinful food

But if it's wanton or dumpling soup you're craving for, yes I agree, a bit hard to find in Thailand.(

wanton-mee.jpg

I forgot who said it was a sinful food - eyebrows raising signboard that said, "wanton noodle". In Cantonese, it should be called "woon torng", is it ? But, I think it sounds more like "one tonne mee" instead.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
There's a very good lormee stall at Bukit Merah HC, in between old HDB and interchange, further across the highway is CMPB. I always ate the lormee there whenever I have business to deal with HDB or CMPB. I haven't been there for many years, don't know if the stall is still running.

old-sbs-buses-1970s.jpg

The 黑卤面 black 'lor mee' is actually a Foochowese food and the white one is a 福清 Hock Chia (Vincent Ng) or 兴化 Heng Wah (Jazreel Low).

VincentNg.jpg
display_image.php

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got Lah, So Many Food Prgrammes !

How do u know what dialect groups ng and low belong to?

I only know of one heng hwa person so far.

427286_10150549086596200_330575686199_9069283_313155518_n.jpg
405594_10150501328046200_330575686199_8935472_148487286_n.jpg

Got lah. Can find out one lah. Got so many food programs. Sometime in the year 2000s ? Not sure. Foochowese one was the weekend's 财经追击 Money Week's 董素华 Tung Soo Hua. She won many awards , almost one for every year.

Which Heng Hwa did you know ?

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buddha Jumps Over the Wall

gastromania-feast-at-far-east-square-spring-juchunyuan-buddha-jumps-over-the-wall.jpg

Origin

There are many stories on the origin of the dish. Among them, a common story is about a scholar traveling by foot during the Qing Dynasty. While he traveled with his friends, the scholar preserved all his food for the journey in a clay jar used for holding wine. Whenever he had a meal, he warmed up the jar with the ingredients over an open fire. Once they arrived in Fuzhou, the capital of Fujian Province, the scholar started cooking the dish. The smells spread over to a nearby Buddhist monastery where monks were meditating. Although monks are not allowed to eat meat, one of the monks who was tempted by the smell jumped over the wall to where the scholar gathered for cooking. A poet among the travelers said that even Buddha would jump the wall to eat the delicious dish.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Got Lah, So Many Food Prgrammes !

Got lah. Can find out one lah. Got so many food programs. Sometime in the year 2000s ? Not sure. Foochowese one was the weekend's 财经追击 Money Week's 董素华 Tung Soo Hua. She won many awards , almost one for every year.

Which Heng Hwa did you know ?

A normal person lah. Heng hwa ppl are just like anyone else.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Went to Alexandra Village for dinner this evening. Passed by Queensway.

20130417_185802.jpg