• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Queenstown Today

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Wow thanks for the tip. Remembered they pack their takeaways in those printed white cardboard boxes Machiam Ji char stalls.
I went back some time ago to visit a watch dealer that setup shop there.....but didn't venture to the HC.
Still got the quaint ambience with the old school Meng's Clinic still around.....me thinks at least 50 years history. Hard to find anywhere else in Sg now.
Heard the place slanted for upgrading so all these would be gone soon

When you see the shop front it brings you back many many years, will take a photo and post here soon.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
queenstown certainly set the stage for hdb, thanks to her royal hindness. perhaps, hdb can be renamed "her deadweight buttocks" upon her retirement or abdication.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Your pictures remind me of a certain FB group covering local food leh.... 

I see. I had bailed out of FB a long time ago as I deem it very dangerous all the links here and there.

Not been to Wala Wala for more than 10 years the music is still as good tonight

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Prata at 6.30am

Meng's Clinic

Here's a video of the area. Vid a little dark cos it's still early.

At 1:05 to 1:35 you see two bushes of that ??? plant that I posted before somewhere, eating 1-2 leaves a day brings your blood pressure down instead of medication for hypertension. Apparently someone knows about this there and planted it.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
This photo better can see the whole building, not many more of this left and another 5 years all these will be gone as the entire area will be enbloc

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks for sharing....
If I didn't meet the old Doctor himself I would have thot his clinic close shop already.....
The last of the retro coffee shops further down across the road (block numbers 70ish) also closed down about a year back. I think there was a news report on that.

This photo better can see the whole building, not many more of this left and another 5 years all these will be gone as the entire area will be enbloc

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Everyday in Spain holiday thinking of this

because everyday angmoh food and bread and more bread whole day cannot tahan la.

This is from a popular stall in Talglin Halt 10 storey nick name 老夫子. Been around for 30 years I'm sure

Another very popular stall here is this

very popular for its Hakka Thunder Tea lunch time very long queue but I'm not use to that green soup dish so only have their Hakka Yong Tau Fu

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
...kuo po, managing and performing at times, with the band - nice place to chill but rental was high.
On Kuo Puo, caught her performing at some new bar in Peranakan place on some TGIF nights (Orchard, when it was new then in 90s). Crony and I chatted, and reminisced her telly (was it talentime?) heydays :wink:

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
On Kuo Puo, caught her performing at some new bar in Peranakan place on some TGIF nights (Orchard, when it was new then in 90s). Crony and I chatted, and reminisced her telly (was it talentime?) heydays :wink:

she used to helm atlantis in the late 80's during the days of peppermint park and hear that she's educating young kids and nurturing their musical talents. hope she attends some jam sessions for some of us to reminisce good ol'days, just like spencer goh (of tony / terry) as she plays a mean saxophone with smooth vocals.