• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Queenstown Today

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Western food stall beside the wonton noodle is doing a great job too

Order from here

Preparing cooked spegetti

Preparing another dish

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
So lucky the lormee in Tangling Halt open so early today normally opens at 10am if lucky that they even open

SHIOK!

Now is time for me and family to go vote

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Tanglin Halt Food Centre has a Malay store Lintong Sedap opens only for breakfast. The nasi lemak is very good, old school type.

Without the begedil (50 cents) this plate of nasi lemak is only $2.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the sg$2 nasi lemak pic only proves that pap is the best in keeping food prices low in sg. nasi lemak in milpitas easily cost me us$8.99 plus tax and tips = us$12.

image.jpg

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the sg$2 nasi lemak pic only proves that pap is the best in keeping food prices low in sg. nasi lemak in milpitas easily cost me us$8.99 plus tax and tips = us$12.

Oh mi God, the grass is indeed greener on the other side ........

[video=youtube;L70mGkUN-Ug]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L70mGkUN-Ug[/video]

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Since I lost all photos here let me start to post again one at a time:

Duck noodle breakfast at Tanglin Halt Market is very old style and delicious, husband and wife team had been selling since 1969, 46 years can you imagine?

Tong Kee Chicken Rice stall located in the hawker centre used to be from Margaret Drive served only roasted chicken, no boiled chicken. Daily long queue during lunch be prepared to wait a little

This set is $5

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
A lucky discovery this morning at Holland Drive market.

Found a kueh-kueh stall selling "hay-piah-zee" 虾饼炸 - this is a very old school kueh I think the last time I had this was like 40 years ago. Could still remember the taste with the old style chili sauce.

Anyway its flour with bean sprouts, spring onion and prawns, see the inside and the chili sauce

Available at this stall - good thing is the "hay-piah-zee" 虾饼炸 is freshly made and still hot

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

This lost Tiong Bahru's Loo's Curry Rice had resurfaced on the same street Seng Poh Road but slightly further away at block 71

Corner unit 01-49

Tiong Bahru Market

Famous Chwee Kueh

RandomNexus

Alfrescian
Loyal
Such nostalgia.

Hopefully can see more this kind of posts that reminds more about this place we are in whether culture, food, politics, society etc instead of the usual dumb lame posts that I waste my time sifting through.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Redhill Market

Did not see pinky in the line for chicken wings yesterday, bloody queue is very long

Supposedly famous

i think cannot make it wont eat again

Yong tauhu not bad

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The tanglin halt HC used to have 2 rival western food....
If remembered correct one was A1 and the other No.1......always weekend our family would tabao for dinner. It was mum's off day from cooking and we kids look forward to it every Sunday evening.
Both stalls were good and dad was friends with both owners.....so we would buy from both stalls.
Those were really simple and memorable days growing up

shittypore

Alfrescian
Loyal
The tanglin halt HC used to have 2 rival western food....
If remembered correct one was A1 and the other No.1......always weekend our family would tabao for dinner. It was mum's off day from cooking and we kids look forward to it every Sunday evening.
Both stalls were good and dad was friends with both owners.....so we would buy from both stalls.
Those were really simple and memorable days growing up

Both still around, A1 known for their chicken cutlet and No1 for their steak.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Both still around, A1 known for their chicken cutlet and No1 for their steak.

Wow thanks for the tip. Remembered they pack their takeaways in those printed white cardboard boxes Machiam Ji char stalls.
I went back some time ago to visit a watch dealer that setup shop there.....but didn't venture to the HC.
Still got the quaint ambience with the old school Meng's Clinic still around.....me thinks at least 50 years history. Hard to find anywhere else in Sg now.
Heard the place slanted for upgrading so all these would be gone soon

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow thanks for the tip. Remembered they pack their takeaways in those printed white cardboard boxes Machiam Ji char stalls.
I went back some time ago to visit a watch dealer that setup shop there.....but didn't venture to the HC.
Still got the quaint ambience with the old school Meng's Clinic still around.....me thinks at least 50 years history. Hard to find anywhere else in Sg now.
Heard the place slanted for upgrading so all these would be gone soon

ya, i know you went there with your groupon voucher...haha...lol...such stupidity!