• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
If LKY is still around to see the rise of Johor into an economic powerhouse and with all the big MNCs such as Microsoft ad Huawei entering the fray instead of Singapore, he will get a heart attack. Singapore leaders have never supported Iskandar. They kept harping on the "complementary development" but please la, whatever Singapore can do, Johor and China can do and replicate 10 times bigger and better. Rise of Johor and Malaysia with Indonesia spell trouble for tiny dot which survive because they falter.

I know many of you guys here are Singaporeans, hoping for the best in joint developments between 2 countries.
The reality is it is just talk, talk and more talk as each country try to outdo and impose on each another. Not trying to offend anyone here, after a while, it is a bit stale.

Meanwhile Malaysia is getting real work off the ground and constructions had already started. Like it or not, the investment train had started moving already. Either you join in or you be left out. No one will wait for you. Those days, it is Singapore going out and invest in Suzhou, Batam or Bintan. These days, it is the reverse. Investors come to your country to build townships and industrial parks for their own citizens. I hope future investors here can catch the drift.

sgcount

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore has enjoyed much progress from the early 80's till present.

But with property prices soaring so high, rental of business and commercial spaces so expensive, MRT breakdowns so often, hospital beds getting short, and overcrowding in many places, I wonder if this means trouble for the tiny country in time to come.

I don't see Singapore falling in the next 5-10 years. But come 2025 and beyond, it's interesting to see what happens. When the teenagers today start to get married in 2030 and after that, you wonder how they will be able to afford even HDB flats.

Will that mean many start moving over to Johor?

Interesting to see...

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal

But with property prices soaring so high, rental of business and commercial spaces so expensive, MRT breakdowns so often, hospital beds getting short, and overcrowding in many places, I wonder if this means trouble for the tiny country in time to come.

I don't see Singapore falling in the next 5-10 years. But come 2025 and beyond, it's interesting to see what happens. When the teenagers today start to get married in 2030 and after that, you wonder how they will be able to afford even HDB flats.

Interesting to see...

There are some things that can shift to johor and others that will prove sticky to SG. Global finance and regional corporate headquarters + any legal work will continue to favour SG. Look at the laughable mess of 1mdb, jurisprudence, press freedom etc in Malaysia. Those industries pay better than factory drone work, so it is complementary. MY has an increasing set of credibility problems.

Some work being done here on some transport at least http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...nce-for-motorcyclists-at-causeway-second-link

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know many of you guys here are Singaporeans, hoping for the best in joint developments between 2 countries.
The reality is it is just talk, talk and more talk as each country try to outdo and impose on each another. Not trying to offend anyone here, after a while, it is a bit stale.

Meanwhile Malaysia is getting real work off the ground and constructions had already started. Like it or not, the investment train had started moving already. Either you join in or you be left out. No one will wait for you. Those days, it is Singapore going out and invest in Suzhou, Batam or Bintan. These days, it is the reverse. Investors come to your country to build townships and industrial parks for their own citizens. I hope future investors here can catch the drift.

In many Sinkies mind, Malaysia is nothing but a place of junkies all thanks to the SPH 's Straits Time successful brainwash of Sinkies since Independence. My own mother thought JB is still like Singapore in the 1960s. She asked if my neighbours house got rear chickens or pigs when I first moved there in 2008. I had to assure her that JB is a city and to see pigs or chickens one has to move further up north.

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry to say, 1MDB has absolutely ZERO impact on the economy and industrial development of Johor.

Johor bring in 30 plus billion worth of manufacture investments last year... and its just the beginning.. Global investment banks will of course give Singapore the legs up currently and I mean probably for the next decade. After that I cant say.

There are some things that can shift to johor and others that will prove sticky to SG. Global finance and regional corporate headquarters + any legal work will continue to favour SG. Look at the laughable mess of 1mdb, jurisprudence, press freedom etc in Malaysia. Those industries pay better than factory drone work, so it is complementary. MY has an increasing set of credibility problems.

Some work being done here on some transport at least http://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...nce-for-motorcyclists-at-causeway-second-link

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not at all. The Singapore govt will try to "Por" the younger generations to ensure they remain in power. Afterall, peasants in Singapore are programmed to believe in the PAP and their $300,000 a month salary is normal even though they screw up Transport and Housing policies.

Customs will remain damn very jam and the security of Malaysia and in particularly Johor Bahru will forever look "bad" in the eyes of Singaporean. So we need not worry there will be exodus of Sinkies into JB

Interesting to see...

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal

With due respect, do you know what is 1mdb? And what actually happen?

Singapore will still be the main financial center and that is a fact.. JB only want to do what it will do best and it is up to others to come in or not. No one point the gun at the head to come in. You like you come, you no like you don't come. It is that simple.

Last edited:

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore will still be the main financial center and that is a fact.. JB only want to do what it will do best and it is up to others to come in or not. No one point the gun at the head to come in. You like you come, you no like you don't come. It is that simple.

I know that it's a government owned vehicle set up to promote foreign direct investment. I also know that it's paid well over the odds for assets, appoints a new auditor every year and has seen it's bonds downgraded to junk status by every major rating agency and is now being investigated by the FBI. That is aside from any questions about asset misappropriation.

The SOLE point I am making is that for white-collar services industries (highly cash generative not just to owners, but employees) stability, rule of law and functioning state institutions are...kinda important. Bottling operations, large scale halal butcherys, light manufacturing care more about cost of labour and operations, where MY has the edge.

It's widely and regularly reported that malaysia should be doing far better attracting such industries given it's advantages (as Chinese manufacturing decamps to se Asia), but the business environment is worrying to long term investors, who view things like the arbitrary changing of business calendars...dimly.

Obviously I see a future in the region, but I don't have a wholly uncritical view of the Malaysian business environment.

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's also a tragi-comedic theme that the very vehicle set up to promote FDI has had the most influence in calling Malaysian governance and state/business incestuousness into question, thereby acting as the worst possible advert for FDI and acting as the catalyst/rallying call for a group of people bemoaning all sorts of political, social and economic issues.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
ph latest from SCM

all the development view

12749888_644300679041929_105760405_n.jpg

overlooking medini/legoland view

12747682_1557910841188960_1449830982_n.jpg

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I got a funny hunch that the HSR will end in Nusajaya. SG can take as long as it wants but Forest City linking to KL will not stop as it is Country Garden on one end and the China Railway on the other as land owners. The link to Yunnan is the ultimate alternative to the existing shipping lanes. The Laos, Vietnam and Thailand railways had started construction, the geo political pressure on Malaysia to link up is too great to resist.

Looking forward to the day when it is possible have breakfast at FC, lunch at Penang, dinner at bkk and breakfast at yunan when one is too free.

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal

Looks like illiquidity problems aren't restricted to 1mdb. It's not a rotten branch, it's the tree.

Come 2018, any reforms will help appreciation in home prices if confidence can be restored. As you say, 1mdb in itself is not negative for the economy..it's a cumulative thing which acts as a handbrake on the potential speed of growth. The country will grow regardless, but not as fast as it could/I wish it would.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ia-mecca-fund-test-najib-s-biggest-supporters

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Now would you buy any real estate in Iskandar Puteri (previously Nusajaya) or the newly crowned duty free zone Forest City with everything and better accessibility ?

Last edited:

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am definitely free in 10 years time. :smile:

I feel happy for you. I feel sad for myself I only snap up 3 units when I first ventured into Iskandar. Most of my friends are reckless investors and snap up 10+ units, all on leverage and on borrowed money from Singapore banks ( personal loans etc )

None of them are working now while I am working daily.

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Forest City is such a good catch, I am sure Country Garden is a much better bet. At least it has all the amenties but Forested City is still bare. But sales aren't moving in Country Garden Danga bay

Now would you buy any real estate in Iskandar Puteri (previously Nusajaya) or the newly crowned duty free zone Forest City with everything and better accessibility ?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Forest City is such a good catch, I am sure Country Garden is a much better bet. At least it has all the amenties but Forested City is still bare. But sales aren't moving in Country Garden Danga bay

Buy only where you can see the future, do not buy where others tell you the future.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel happy for you. I feel sad for myself I only snap up 3 units when I first ventured into Iskandar. Most of my friends are reckless investors and snap up 10+ units, all on leverage and on borrowed money from Singapore banks ( personal loans etc )

None of them are working now while I am working daily.

10 is the magic number which I hope to achieve by 2017 when my daughter goes to university, most likely in Australia.
Anyway, I am more into industrial properties.