• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
I feel happy for you. I feel sad for myself I only snap up 3 units when I first ventured into Iskandar. Most of my friends are reckless investors and snap up 10+ units, all on leverage and on borrowed money from Singapore banks ( personal loans etc )

None of them are working now while I am working daily.

Wah....if like that you feel sad...then peasant folks like me who cannot snap at anything must be really depressed! LOL!:o

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
10 is the magic number which I hope to achieve by 2017 when my daughter goes to university, most likely in Australia.
Anyway, I am more into industrial properties.

Good! Everyone should follow Tekkun and buy Industrial Properties, these properties are solutions and help the tenants make money, they will gladly rent and give landlord good returns, I started my base from IP, but Singapore usually only 30 year lease.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good! Everyone should follow Tekkun and buy Industrial Properties, these properties are solutions and help the tenants make money, they will gladly rent and give landlord good returns, I started my base from IP, but Singapore usually only 30 year lease.

Don't get me wrong. My style is to practise law of averaging. My experience is industrial give good rentals but it cannot be limited to it alone. You need to hv a wide spread in and out of country. It can be bonds to fend off forex fluctuations. FD overseas has bad yields. Condos and landed are also good but you need to spot the right one. The only one I don't touch is retail and shophouses. Not that they are bad but I have no experience in that segment.

There will be times where the limited industrial estates market is worse than ghost towns while residences will be filled even if the occupancy is poor. The market is bigger in residential properties.

Last edited:

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jus sold some retail there in Oz. AUD having a good run over last 2 weeks :wink:

10 is the magic number which I hope to achieve by 2017 when my daughter goes to university, most likely in Australia.
Anyway, I am more into industrial properties.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't get me wrong. My style is to practise law of averaging. My experience is industrial give good rentals but it cannot be limited to it alone. You need to hv a wide spread in and out of country. It can be bonds to fend off forex fluctuations. FD overseas has bad yields. Condos and landed are also good but you need to spot the right one. The only one I don't touch is retail and shophouses. Not that they are bad but I have no experience in that segment.

There will be times where the limited industrial estates market is worse than ghost towns while residences will be filled even if the occupancy is poor. The market is bigger in residential properties.

One tip for you on retail property always try to buy those which have multiple tenants.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like trading, we must also adopt a forward looking mechanism when it comes to property. It may be bare now but I am certain that with this type of reclaim land cost (RM4.5B) Country Garden paid to the Johore govt, all convenience, amenities and incentives will be in place closer to TOP to make it a success.
Most of my friends who bought other heavily advertised project at the peak now lamenting that they didn't hold till Forest City launched. Not easy to unload at today's market taking into account the weak RM$.
If Forest City is such a good catch, I am sure Country Garden is a much better bet. At least it has all the amenties but Forested City is still bare. But sales aren't moving in Country Garden Danga bay

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like trading, we must also adopt a forward looking mechanism when it comes to property. It may be bare now but I am certain that with this type of reclaim land cost (RM4.5B) Country Garden paid to the Johore govt, all convenience, amenities and incentives will be in place closer to TOP to make it a success.
Most of my friends who bought other heavily advertised project at the peak now lamenting that they didn't hold till Forest City launched. Not easy to unload at today's market taking into account the weak RM$.

One of the factors to look at is the gestation period. One is a project that you can realise in short term while the other is 20 years away. It is not just a condo but township development and that take years. What will happen in future, no one can tell. So add in a pich of salt in every decision one make.
Like I said, buy what you can see today, do not buy based on what the salesmen tell you what you can see in future.

I had one investment before in London which went awry. While doing the earthworks, the contractors found some ancient artifacts and therefore had to wait for Historic England to finish investigations. That set back the completion period by 10 months. And I lost 10 months rentals. No compensation as it is unforseen. :(

So the point is anything into the future is never guaranteed. If your finances is not strong, it is better to buy what you can see presently.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
I saw some news that some owners whom dig downwards for basement to improve value of home and found the remains of the last black plague.

One of the factors to look at is the gestation period. One is a project that you can realise in short term while the other is 20 years away. It is not just a condo but township development and that take years. What will happen in future, no one can tell. So add in a pich of salt in every decision one make.
Like I said, buy what you can see today, do not buy based on what the salesmen tell you what you can see in future.

I had one investment before in London which went awry. While doing the earthworks, the contractors found some ancient artifacts and therefore had to wait for Historic England to finish investigations. That set back the completion period by 10 months. And I lost 10 months rentals. No compensation as it is unforseen. :(

So the point is anything into the future is never guaranteed. If your finances is not strong, it is better to buy what you can see presently.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
No need 20 years. We will see the landscape clearer in 4-6 years for island No.1. How much the price will deviate from the average launched price of RM1200 and exchange rate then is always debatable now. Savings from not paying any taxes (eg. alcohol, tobacco excise duty, GST) on the island may partially offset the monthly installment. More suitable for the rich and gutsy with low TDSR.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to bukit indah and puteri harbour yesterday. Took 30 mins to clear both customs and 20 mins on the way out via 2nd link. School holiday in malaysia toi
It is movie day and ticket is only rm10 & RM13 for normal and preferred seats respectvely. Good seat and sound system. Even have cantonese version of kungfu panda.
Be careful of the next few weekends. Everyone going back for Cheng Beng duty..

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Went to bukit indah and puteri harbour yesterday. Took 30 mins to clear both customs and 20 mins on the way out via 2nd link. School holiday in malaysia toi
It is movie day and ticket is only rm10 & RM13 for normal and preferred seats respectvely. Good seat and sound system. Even have cantonese version of kungfu panda.

Hey, how's the T1 and T2 progress? Any pics to share?