• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hotels before they enter an area got to do alot of studies. They will study the potential demand and also take into account the effect on over supply in a particular area. They won't pull each other into a pit hole.

They have alot of other choices around the world and their management teams will select the best ones on the table that present a sound proposition.

The effect will be good when all consolidate at one point and make other sectors like convention, F&B etc work. This will be "induced demand".

Each chain brand be it Somerset, Frasers and Panpacific, all have their own strong corporate clientele network n loyalty base.

It will bring a certain vote of confidence to Puteri Harbour

Organic

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hotels before they enter an area got to do alot of studies. They will study the potential demand and also take into account the effect on over supply in a particular area. They won't pull each other into a pit hole.

They have alot of other choices around the world and their management teams will select the best ones on the table that present a sound proposition.

The effect will be good when all consolidate at one point and make other sectors like convention, F&B etc work. This will be "induced demand".

Each chain brand be it Somerset, Frasers and Panpacific, all have their own strong corporate clientele network n loyalty base.

Simple logic, which businessman will start a sure lost business with his time and effort poured in? Time and chance are $$$ to them..

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

They have been known to make mistakes. Don't be overconfident, they have the financial muscle to make mistakes, do you? Look at Genting in Jurong East.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
They have been known to make mistakes. Don't be overconfident, they have the financial muscle to make mistakes, do you? Look at Genting in Jurong East.

They might be mistaken, but there is no mistake that they meant business by putting down their money.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal

We are not overconfident, just optimistic as the facts are staring at us in the eye ! Only a fool will be pessimistic .

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are not overconfident, just optimistic as the facts are staring at us in the eye ! Only a fool will be pessimistic .

Ha ha I let you win, after all I am only a fool, those who put money in Iskandar and lose will feel it for real. Go ahead and be optimistic.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Optimistic it is. When all the big boys with all the researches and studies concluded that it is a good investment, who are we to doubt them? If we follow them and it still turn out to be a flop, we have no regrets.

If you look at the investment by johor government into nusajaya since 2006, you know they seriously want it to succeed. 60km of roads built in that area since 2006 to 2012, and the coastal highway missing link will be ready in 2017. And do you know that the whole area is fiber ready? And no high tension cable? Because they are all underground.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Optimistic it is. When all the big boys with all the researches and studies concluded that it is a good investment, who are we to doubt them? If we follow them and it still turn out to be a flop, we have no regrets.

If you look at the investment by johor government into nusajaya since 2006, you know they seriously want it to succeed. 60km of roads built in that area since 2006 to 2012, and the coastal highway missing link will be ready in 2017. And do you know that the whole area is fiber ready? And no high tension cable? Because they are all underground.

As someone said, Iskandar too big to fail. Doesn't mean it won't fail but it certainly mean that this is serious business!:smile:

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal

yes, logic dictates, not empty slogans and half baked theories.

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
can go Google earth and slide through 2006 to 2015, you will see how much work has been put in. From Google earth I also found out that the 2 marinas are not natural. I.e. someone use Money to dig out the 2 marinas!

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
can go Google earth and slide through 2006 to 2015, you will see how much work has been put in. From Google earth I also found out that the 2 marinas are not natural. I.e. someone use Money to dig out the 2 marinas!

Yes, the marinas are man made and they even built a CIQ there. Approved by our dear SG govt to be linked to Harbourfront . Critics and fools will argue that they can build other marinas elsewhere what but with a CIQ that is approved by SG ? So easy to be approved by SG ?

They can build thousands of marinas and CIQ and link them to Timbuktu for all I care but linkage to SG is THE critical factor !

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Critics can say what they want. It is my choice and my way of spending.

When I came to PH, there's nothing. Hello Kitty was not opened, Traders Hotel not completed yet, let alone Somerset.
Even Teega had not been launched yet. No restaurants in sight. Only the Clubhouse which serve fruit juice. No beers.

I saw what I like then and signed up for a RM1.74m unit in Encorp 2 weeks later. Not bothered what will happen next.
If it is good, then celebrate. If not, it won't make any difference. It is afterall a launching pad for my fishing holidays.

I believe in my own gut feel and that feeling is good todate.

Yes, many critics of PH are just half baked 'investors' wannabes and ignorant fools who hamtam all MY ppties without discernment and simple commonsense! Not all locations are oversupplied and poorly demanded.

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Critics can say what they want. It is my choice and my way of spending.

When I came to PH, there's nothing. Hello Kitty was not opened, Traders Hotel not completed yet, let alone Somerset.
Even Teega had not been launched yet. No restaurants in sight. Only the Clubhouse which serve fruit juice. No beers.

I saw what I like then and signed up for a RM1.74m unit in Encorp 2 weeks later. Not bothered what will happen next.
If it is good, then celebrate. If not, it won't make any difference. It is afterall a launching pad for my fishing holidays.

I believe in my own gut feel and that feeling is good todate.

You are in a different league from those who had to take big loans hoping for returns to finance their purchase.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, many critics of PH are just half baked 'investors' wannabes and ignorant fools who hamtam all MY ppties without discernment and simple commonsense! Not all locations are oversupplied and poorly demanded.

The place has not been filled up yet, so don't count your chickens yet. Just show me where the people will come from before the place can be fully occupied.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
The place has not been filled up yet, so don't count your chickens yet. Just show me where the people will come from before the place can be fully occupied.[/QU

du think i wanna share what I gathered with pple who dun deserve the knowledge.

Last edited: