• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
In Malaysia, hardly got any leasehold property taken back after the lease expires. Normally you pay some money to get the lease renewed. What about in Singapore?

Most of if not all Singapore 99 years leases are in its first lease. The trend seems to be that leasehold housing properties are redeveloped well before leases expire.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, many critics of PH are just half baked 'investors' wannabes and ignorant fools who hamtam all MY ppties without discernment and simple commonsense! Not all locations are oversupplied and poorly demanded.

Reminds me of some people in my industry who know nothing but wanted to extract info as much as possible. They create some arguments and when people answer, he questions with more questions hoping for someone to shed light on what he wanted. The more people rebut them, the more info can be obtained. Then they start to talk as if they know a lot and hope to get more market information.
This world has full of interesting people....

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not counting my chickens, just optimistic abt PH . Once the link to Harborfront is operational, tourists will come from Harborfront. The place will be swarmped . I think this is what the hotels are counting on. They hv all the research and insiders news.

The long bet is that Raffles marina may be linked to PH also. FYI, Tuas Link MRT will be up next year . Its so near Raffles marina and the 2nd link that I think you can walk there. Why Sg govt wanna build an MRT so far west ? It's so unlike our pragmatic govt to spend money to build a station out of nowhere . Food for many thots...
I have also wondered why the LTA would want to build the far west station which will be loss-making according to operator SMRT?

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are not overconfident, just optimistic as the facts are staring at us in the eye ! Only a fool will be pessimistic .

If oil was at US$120, I'd feel a bit more confident, what with the refineries close by, but it's not - it's in the 30s. If freight was doing well, I'd feel confident with the facilities nearby, but it's not - it's at an all-time low.

KL condo's are going to continue taking a hit...as expats in oil and gas are getting laid off. All I'm saying is it's not slam dunk. I have SPA to sign next week, Puteri SoMa 2 bed 31st floor, RM1,080 psf, 1300sq ft. No doubt it's going to look nice, the area will improve, it's a choice view. BUT there's going to be a lot of supply, low rental pool. I really, truly don't know whether to put my cash down or not. Heavily conflicted. I wouldn't be if it was a no brainer, or if the economic cycle was more benign/the outlook clearer.

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
If oil was at US$120, I'd feel a bit more confident, what with the refineries close by, but it's not - it's in the 30s. If freight was doing well, I'd feel confident with the facilities nearby, but it's not - it's at an all-time low.

KL condo's are going to continue taking a hit...as expats in oil and gas are getting laid off. All I'm saying is it's not slam dunk. I have SPA to sign next week, Puteri SoMa 2 bed 31st floor, RM1,080 psf, 1300sq ft. No doubt it's going to look nice, the area will improve, it's a choice view. BUT there's going to be a lot of supply, low rental pool. I really, truly don't know whether to put my cash down or not. Heavily conflicted. I wouldn't be if it was a no brainer, or if the economic cycle was more benign/the outlook clearer.

Where is Puteri SoMa?

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal

its yr call...do a swot analysis at least . any X factor in yr condo ?

oil...all time low, can it get better or worse ? once the shale oil producers are finished , opec will raise prices . analysts are predicting oil shortage in 2018 I think , due to under investmt now.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Reminds me of some people in my industry who know nothing but wanted to extract info as much as possible. They create some arguments and when people answer, he questions with more questions hoping for someone to shed light on what he wanted. The more people rebut them, the more info can be obtained. Then they start to talk as if they know a lot and hope to get more market information.

yes, this thread alredi hv some big and devious mouths :smile:

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal
its yr call...do a swot analysis at least . any X factor in yr condo ?

oil...all time low, can it get better or worse ? once the shale oil producers are finished , opec will raise prices . analysts are predicting oil shortage in 2018 I think , due to under investmt now.

Nah - oil was in the 20s in the late 90s. The macro (not Malaysia) is very uncertain right now. It's nice in that it's bloody high up and able to look straight down to the bridge even when the new towers go up. But...will I be able to pick it up (or a bigger unit) in 28 months as a distressed buyer with no rental income looks to offload?

Tekkun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nah - oil was in the 20s in the late 90s. The macro (not Malaysia) is very uncertain right now. It's nice in that it's bloody high up and able to look straight down to the bridge even when the new towers go up. But...will I be able to pick it up (or a bigger unit) in 28 months as a distressed buyer with no rental income looks to offload?

Iran is joining the supply chain next year. Saudi is not cutting. You bet it is going to hit low 30s for at least 3 more years. If you are investing in KL, go for the prime areas eg. Mont Kiara, KLCC, Bukit Bintang, Jln Ampang or Bangsar. Even Bangsar South / Pantai areas are risky.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal

I wish i know also. Curious why u said 28 mnths .

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
The property will TOPed in 28 months time?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, the marinas are man made and they even built a CIQ there. Approved by our dear SG govt to be linked to Harbourfront . Critics and fools will argue that they can build other marinas elsewhere what but with a CIQ that is approved by SG ? So easy to be approved by SG ?

They can build thousands of marinas and CIQ and link them to Timbuktu for all I care but linkage to SG is THE critical factor !

Come on the ferry to Harbor front has been talking and supposed to start in 2013, now is almost 2016 and you are still hoping ha ha ah ha

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

I guess you are the smartest by discussing this with someone who obviously has no answer to reply me to save his own skin.

Last edited:

Manhattan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Because you don't have it in the first place.

Fellow investor xebay11, I know you don't come here to comment for fun, you rather spend your time managing your wealth than doing pointless squibble here. People here has a genuine interest in Iskandar and would like to know more. Let's help out by stating some facts to back your 'concerns'.

Optimistic apart, i do also have reservations on how to fill up those thousands of apartments and hotel rooms. Let's put ourselves in the shoes of Somerset, Ascot, Pan pacific, Ramadan, etc and think of why would they put their names at stake by coming to nusajaya. We know the legoland and convention center alone will not be enough to attract enough people, they need much more than that, some flagship attractions to make people and family stay for a 3-5 days at the minimum. I can think of 2 key game changing developments,

1. Motorcity - It has been quiet for more than a year, probably the ground breaking is soon? This will bring in a lot of visitors.
2. Sea World - Also quiet for quite a while, announcement is soon? Together with legoland and other smaller theme parks in the area, families have all the reasons to stay for a few more days.

if the above 2 flagship attractions are shelfed, i seriously doubt the rooms in those area can even fill 50%.

Probably the hotel investors know more info than the rest of us (those bosses in the industry talk to each other right?), so they are making the move now?

Stimpy

Alfrescian
Loyal
I wish i know also. Curious why u said 28 mnths .

Property TOP in 21 months. But to buy distressed assets you need to come in when investors whom were hoping to offset mortgages by letting have had more than a few months of misery, paying 100% of mortgage. I know an RM mortgage is 'not much' to many of you big-swinging dicks, but when you pay rm8k per month plus maintenance fees, for the average person, a non-performing asset does not go unnoticed, particularly by wives.

With 9,000 puteri units (or whatever the number we talked about a little while back was), I know that a proportion of them are not cash buyers flush with cash from the SG housing miracle of the last decade.

In 28 months, the sufferers at teega, imperia, puteri cove and southern Marina will be feeling fed up. I am NOT saying that distress will be all around. Many bought for a retirement home or as a long-term bet. Choice units WILL rent (possibly at a disappointing price due to extreme competition) but there will be a proportion of less desirable or over-leveraged assets out there, looking to offload in 28-32 months time. The quantity (and proximity to medini) will encourage a proportion to stop-loss. I'm guessing.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
Manhattan, just need one question, if everything is like the crowd here are saying, why so many projects delayed, what are they waiting for? Obviously they know something too, all the hotels coming are just announcements, wait until they come in then all here can rightfully celebrate, right now lots of big boys are playing waiting game, as they know the situation is very uncertain.